Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I am all up for the idea of wearing green, but I have superstitions for the Albion games (even away when I dont go) and that means wearing the same clothes to games, same jeans, pants, socks and of course the Home kit, If I wear green and we lose, ill blame myself!!

As it will be an evening game how about wearing a green sweater or something over the your shirt-thats what I am planning on

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As it will be an evening game how about wearing a green sweater or something over the your shirt-thats what I am planning on

its a good idea, apart form I dont have a green jumper!!!

you going to Liverpool game?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
If possible could a link be posted. It means others can give it a bounce nearer the time. Thanks. :)

If someone can find it- she is not registered on here and I can't find it. I think she added it to a thread that already exists about Plymouth; not sure there was much to it as she didn't know much.

A cheaper solution than giving everyone green flags, someone could buy pack(s) of bright green paper.

For example one pack of 2500 sheets of A3 green paper held up would turn the North Stand green before kick-off and at half time. Also would be quite cheap to do, I've just found this as an example, but I'm sure that it could be got a lot cheaper, especially if we wanted a few packs. Southern Paper (Paper Co) based in Shoreham are stockists of Fizz paper...

FIZZ Coloured Inkjet and Laser Paper INTENSE SHADES 80 gsm A3 297 x 420 2500 sheets Bright Green, [11462] - 137.23 : |, OnLine Paper UK

The Paper Company - Uncoated Paper & Board - Tinted Paper & Board

Also the same paper could be torn up/shedded to make confetti/ticker tape.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I don't agree with getting our players to wear the away kit while at home but we could see if the players would wear green armbands for the match, that is bound to get a mention from commentators.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whilst flags for the entire stadium would be a bit much, its the East Stand that faces the TV cameras so could perhaps just have that stand do it. No idea how easy it would be to organise though. They could then be collected post match and those going down to Plymouth the next day could take them there too.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A cheaper solution than giving everyone green flags, someone could buy pack(s) of bright green paper.

For example one pack of 2500 sheets of A3 green paper held up would turn the North Stand green before kick-off and at half time. Also would be quite cheap to do, I've just found this as an example, but I'm sure that it could be got a lot cheaper, especially if we wanted a few packs. Southern Paper (Paper Co) based in Shoreham are stockists of Fizz paper...

FIZZ Coloured Inkjet and Laser Paper INTENSE SHADES 80 gsm A3 297 x 420 2500 sheets Bright Green, [11462] - 137.23 : |, OnLine Paper UK

The Paper Company - Uncoated Paper & Board - Tinted Paper & Board

Also the same paper could be torn up/shedded to make confetti/ticker tape.

I think this is what the Bulgaria fans did the other night. Effective and cheap, good shout.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't agree with getting our players to wear the away kit while at home but we could see if the players would wear green armbands for the match, that is bound to get a mention from commentators.

Especially when the chant goes up "Green Armbands".

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
Like the green balloon idea, lots of great ideas on here, just trying to think of the best way forward. Have now managed to get onto Pasoti and let them know about this so hopefully they will also have some ideas.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The green baseball caps on their website are only about £4 - £5 - and there's time to get them posted to you.

Bright green balloons will have way more impact on TV than wearing something green, so long as Sky are briefed. Where's Jim in the West? Could NSC buy them? Could we get sme people together to hand them out outside Amex?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can we get Caroline Lucas to 'go green' too? She's long been a follower of the 'Brighton Seagulls'!

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
The green baseball caps on their website are only about £4 - £5 - and there's time to get them posted to you.

Bright green balloons will have way more impact on TV than wearing something green, so long as Sky are briefed. Where's Jim in the West? Could NSC buy them? Could we get sme people together to hand them out outside Amex?

I agree about the balloons, PA have mentioned that a green card protest would be good too, just before kick off. Maybe they could be handed out with the balloons?

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
Suggestion from a Plymouth fan is to make the back page of the programme green to have something green to hold up....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here