Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Ordered a couple of green army scarves. Let's all give Plymouth the backing they gave us - spread the word.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
Got a few retweets for fans reunited and savepafc on twitter. Also written an article about the history and argyle and albion and emailed it to the argus and the plymouth herald. Hopefully should get some attention!

Bert365

May 7, 2006
I think the green card/paper to hold up as the teams come out would be a very fitting gesture turning the whole stadium green maybe with a bit of organization some white ones spelling PAFC in WSU. if the club would let us could set it up on the day of the match

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lol, thank you.

I've tweeted Naylor, and emailed him and the Argus. It wouldn't hurt for others to do the same so they know there's support.

I've sent a number of tweets out and had several back, from both Leeds and Plymouth fans, and neutrals. I've asked wearebrighton to retweet, which he will once he sees it, that will go out to the masses then.

I couldn't get onto Waccoe to post, but posted on lufctalk, but it didn't get a good reception from Leeds fans unfortunately.

Once I get registered on pasoti I will get them to get involved too, haven't been able to get on yet, if anyone wants to draw their attention to this thread in the meantime that would be great.

If someone could set up a facebook page that would be great, I've posted a link to this page on a few BHA pages but that's about it.

Green army!!

well done - had it re-tweeted by Ian "Moose" Abrahams from Talksport to his 26K+ followers and I will get it on Waccoe later. Hoping Guilem Balague will re-tweet it to his 150K followers and also tweeted Stephen Fry (3million followers) as he is a football fan (even if he does support Norwich).

Might get a bit of abuse from the Leeds fans but by and large they are true footy fans so expect some positives from that too :thumbsup:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Sadly I think you're overestimating how many regulars actually give shit. I will be buying a scarf though....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Sadly I think you're overestimating how many regulars actually give shit. I will be buying a scarf though....

Exactly, a few internet geeks maybe but with all due respect they should be co-ordinating their own protests. If they can't be bothered then why should anyone else.

99% of the Albion crowd will be supporting the Albion against Leeds and ignoring anything else.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

If anyone remembers the support we received 15 YEARS ago then they will be up for helping. They have already had their own protests, but this needs to go national. We spent years fighting our own corner, and I think Argyle are a little battle weary. Fresh soldiers to fight with them may give them renewed vigour.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
What exactly have Plymouth supporters done themselves ? We were protesting long before Fans Utd and invading pitches etc. Why didn't a coach load of PA fans go to Burton today and get the game abandoned ? With no Premiership or Championship matches they would have got loads of publicity.

Sorry if they can't be bothered then why should anyone else ?

Ernest your wind up isn't going to work.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
2 x scarfs ordered, hopefully this little injection of cash may help a little.

it makes you realise how lucky we are now on the footballing front, if anything i think it will make us get behind the team even more against leeds

I'm expecting the best atmosphere to date

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
shame that people can't see it but if you are a football fan please try to think how you might feel and how valuable others' support could be. Maybe the thought that others care and are prepared to show it will give Plymouth fans the push thay need to take direct action. Maybe the "noise" this sort of action could make in the media will encourage the administrator to abandon self-interest and act for the good of the club and its fans. And maybe they are right and it won't help at all but I know that if I can help to get people interested and aware of Plymouth fans' plight then I will have gone a small way to repaying them for the day they made me proud to be a football fan and proud to have openly cried because others actually cared what was happening to my club.

Of course no-one (or not enough to make a difference) will "go green" unless they hear about it and are encouraged to join in. But if we shout loud and proud in every place we know that we might be heard and then there will be something for the cameras to record - for sure they will know it is planned so let's try and make it actually happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Just a thought but can the likes of Bozza/Mendoza/Walt Jabasco etc get the club to "mention" it on the official site? Would certainly help

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
shame that people can't see it but if you are a football fan please try to think how you might feel and how valuable others' support could be. Maybe the thought that others care and are prepared to show it will give Plymouth fans the push thay need to take direct action. Maybe the "noise" this sort of action could make in the media will encourage the administrator to abandon self-interest and act for the good of the club and its fans. And maybe they are right and it won't help at all but I know that if I can help to get people interested and aware of Plymouth fans' plight then I will have gone a small way to repaying them for the day they made me proud to be a football fan and proud to have openly cried because others actually cared what was happening to my club.

Of course no-one (or not enough to make a difference) will "go green" unless they hear about it and are encouraged to join in. But if we shout loud and proud in every place we know that we might be heard and then there will be something for the cameras to record - for sure they will know it is planned so let's try and make it actually happen.

This!! 100% this!! Even if it makes no difference whatsoever, at least we tried and gave it a damn good go!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
but I know that if I can help to get people interested and aware of Plymouth fans' plight then I will have gone a small way to repaying them for the day they made me proud to be a football fan and proud to have openly cried because others actually cared what was happening to my club.

very much this sentiment.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Very nice but if their own supporters aren't doing anything what is the point ? We had a 2 year long campaign before we won so let's hear from the Plymouth supporters what their plans are and what protests they're doing ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here