Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The green & white scarves on that site have sold out already :)

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
Letter to the Argus sent, twitter campaign started, I'll get something started with facebook too asap.

Green scarves should be bought from PAFC if possible. I'm looking into getting green flags made up and have asked the Argus if they can provide anything to assist, in return for publicity.

Collection buckets would be good, great idea. If 92 league clubs have an average gate of 15,000 and each fan contributed £1, we could raise £1.3million for them in 1 weekend!! Wishful thinking!!

Banners would be great too if there are people that don't mind making some? So pleased with all this support, BHA are evidence of what can be achieved with everyone pulling together!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
A leaflet campaign before Liverpool game would help promote both Go Green and Fans Reunited - PM me if you need help outside ground. I'll be travelling down from work in London but happy to help where I can

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
The idea seems to have spread pretty far on twitter already, the more support for this the better, the greener the amex, the greater fans reunited day will be the next day! :clap2:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know it's a different occasion and might be too much to ask for but we could have green flags around the ground like when we had Doncaster we had blue and white?

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
I know it's a different occasion and might be too much to ask for but we could have green flags around the ground like when we had Doncaster we had blue and white?

I actually looked into that as I also liked that idea, but 22,000 flags costing approx £1 each is perhaps a little too much and I wouldn't ask either club to fund it. But if anyone here is a flag maker and fancies donating a few.... lol.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I actually looked into that as I also liked that idea, but 22,000 flags costing approx £1 each is perhaps a little too much and I wouldn't ask either club to fund it. But if anyone here is a flag maker and fancies donating a few.... lol.

this is all about raising the profile of their plight and Fans ReUnited the next day

even if we just had flags for the North Stand the same effect would be created at a fraction of the cost.

just an idea.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Brilliant Idea, You could ask the club to project green flags on giant projectors with message of support instead of 22000 individual flags.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Brilliant Idea, You could ask the club to project green flags on giant projectors with message of support instead of 22000 individual flags.

a video montage of original Fans United over the big screens, with a brief commentary for those who don't know

and then cut to a shot of green/white flags with the Fans Reunited details overlayed

could even promote the idea of a Go Green using same approach ahead of Liverpool game

Nooney to do the voiceover/plea?

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
this is all about raising the profile of their plight and Fans ReUnited the next day

even if we just had flags for the North Stand the same effect would be created at a fraction of the cost.

just an idea.

I've asked the argus whether they could provide a green poster on that day, in return for fans buying the argus, might be a bit naff though. If we did have flags, they could be collected in at the end and taken down to plymouth for them to use in future...

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'll wear my away kit and might try and find some green shorts - I hope this helps Plymouth out in some way :)

How is wearing a pair of green shorts going to help Plymouth survive? It's like those dickheads who wear red on red nose day thinking it helps save lives- it doesn't.

Donate some cash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here