RAF Sergeant moved by Hospital in case his uniform ''offended '' people.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What a bag of ballocks

Who cares if there is a remote chance someone might possibly be offended be seeing a member of the armed forces in uniform.

You don’t ask a serviceman/woman to move for that reason.

If it ever occurred on your shift your staff training should kick in(its happened previously apparently) and you call security.

Perhaps whisper in the offendees ear to knob off and check into a loony bin because they are seriously mental if they find The Armed Service uniform offensive.
They are living on the wrong country if they are going to be offended by seeing a person in uniform.

Remembrance Sunday must be The Apocalypse to these type of fuhcktards

Im glad the hospital has apologised but they need to retrain their staff that this is not acceptable thinking and put measures in place in case a licker ever does in fact complain(again)

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Poor show this , but they have apologised and seen the error.

Sadly it is more fuel for those elements who wish to divide our society. These stories only serve the extreme elements who are looking to drive the wedge.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Sadly it is more fuel for those elements who wish to divide our society. These stories only serve the extreme elements who are looking to drive the wedge.

The trouble is this is not the first time that a countryman in uniform has been disrespected, refused service in a shop because said person was in uniform, how disrespectful is that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The trouble is this is not the first time that a countryman in uniform has been disrespected, refused service in a shop because said person was in uniform, how disrespectful is that.

Terrible, a sad indictment of the division in society and the alienation felt by people caused by extremism.

Maybe a good time to talk about the revision of UK foreign policy so the uniform is more respected. Although it is stupid to be blaming the soldiers for the heinous acts of the government that command them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

NO

It is more fuel for those that want to say this is unacceptable thinking(pandering to those that find uniforms offensive) in this country

those that wish to divide us,drive a wedge and make this sort of thinking normal in tolerant Britain will NOT be accepted

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
NO

It is more fuel for those that want to say this is unacceptable thinking(pandering to those that find uniforms offensive) in this country

those that wish to divide us,drive a wedge and make this sort of thinking normal in tolerant Britain will NOT be accepted

It that were the case then they would have acknowledge that it was a poor decision, accepted the apology and moved on. This is a small and regrettable decision by an individual which only takes on larger significance of seen as evidence of a more sinister issue.

It is picked up on and shared by those who wish to further that issue.

It shouldn't be tolerated and hasn't been tolerated. The hospital has apologised and I assume the individual has been dealt with. Personally as someone who doesn't see this as part of a mass conspiracy (drip drip, inches become miles etc) that is enough for me..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It that were the case then they would have acknowledge that it was a poor decision, accepted the apology and moved on. This is a small and regrettable decision by an individual which only takes on larger significance of seen as evidence of a more sinister issue.

It shouldn't be tolerated and hasn't been tolerated. The hospital has apologised and I assume the individual has been dealt with. Personally as someone who doesn't see this as part of a mass conspiracy (drip drip, inches become miles etc) that is enough for me..

it is enough for me as well in regards to the hospital,thats why i said i hope the staff are retrained to be told this shouldnt happen again.

hopefully by the problem becoming public and the hospital apologising the drip drip affect people who may have become offended at seeing someone in uniform will realise this sort of "offence" will not be tolerated

nothing sinister here at all........unless that is what you are looking for.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Unfortunately this type of incident has happened before, quite a few times, the apology has been put forward, and by and large it seems to be tolerated because a fairly false apology has been deemed appropriate/appeasement. What ever the view on wars and our involvement, at the end of the day these troops are from our country and in past conflicts have never been disrespected.....now they are.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
actually ......you obviously cant stop people being offended,but you can tell them acting on certain types of personal offence is not tollerable

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
it is enough for me as well in regards to the hospital,thats why i said i hope the staff are retrained to be told this shouldnt happen again.

hopefully by the problem becoming public and the hospital apologising the drip drip affect people who may have become offended at seeing someone in uniform will realise this sort of "offence" will not be tolerated

nothing sinister here at all........unless that is what you are looking for.

I think we agree then. For the record I wasn't suggesting that you were trying the further any agenda.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
actually ......you obviously cant stop people being offended,but you can tell them acting on certain types of personal offence is not tollerable

Agree, attacking someone for wearing something you don't like is mindless in the extreme and should be dealt with accordingly.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Agree, attacking someone for wearing something you don't like is mindless in the extreme and should be dealt with accordingly.

As i see it this chap was injured while he was at work in uniform, he did not go home and change into his uniform, will the same happen if a policeman is injured at work, will he/she be hidden so as not to offend.
This "offended" lark has gone to far imo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As i see it this chap was injured while he was at work in uniform, he did not go home and change into his uniform, will the same happen if a policeman is injured at work, will he/she be hidden so as not to offend.
This "offended" lark has gone to far imo.

Yep, less offence and more tolerance is needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports