Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAF Sergeant moved by Hospital in case his uniform ''offended '' people.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
you probably assume that i don't agree with you but, in the mind of the hospital staff at that moment, who would you rather "put in the corner"? the hypothetical upset muslim or the man whose wages your taxes help to pay and whose duty it is to protect and serve?

I think my answer is obvious but for the avoidance of doubt - I'd rather put the 'offended' person in the corner. Quite frankly anyone who is offended by our armed forces being in uniform can eff off - I have zero time for their feelings or thoughts. Without this wishing to sound racist, what's the betting that the NHS member of staff was an immigrant ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There had previously been an attack at that A & E Department by a member of the public on a patient in military uniform. Staff were aware of this and offered the RAF man the option of waiting for treatment out of view of the public. He accepted the offer and thanked them.

What was wrong with that?
No he didn't at all, youre being disingenuous at best , outright lying at worst, only in the biased, and so badly edited it omitted most of the salient points BBC version did it even hint at that , and even then the quote was that he ''responded warmly''.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Does it not speak volumns that there is not one quote from the RAF Sergeant himself?
Not really , he would have been ordered not to speak to the media by his CO by now.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
you probably assume that i don't agree with you but, in the mind of the hospital staff at that moment, who would you rather "put in the corner"? the hypothetical upset muslim or the man whose wages your taxes help to pay and whose duty it is to protect and serve?
The ''hypothetical upset muslim'' ADL.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Well without immigrants working in the NHS we would be well and truly f***ed, but carry on

As of 2015 the UK is home to approx. 8m foreign born residents.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/08/26/426444/UK-foreigners-residents-report-

As this accords to roughly 12% of the population, on a strictly theoretical basis it would seem only fair that institutions like the NHS are staffed by foreigners to a similar percentage to ensure that it's not f***ed by this additional layer of demand (e.g. 1 in 4 births are to foreign born mothers).

There is no need for any veneration of foreigners working for the NHS on this basis, foreigners working in the NHS is just a quid pro quo of our immigration system. Nothing more nothing less.......whether it does in fact benefit or cost the UK is moot, the data does not exist to prove it either way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As of 2015 the UK is home to approx. 8m foreign born residents.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/08/26/426444/UK-foreigners-residents-report-

As this accords to roughly 12% of the population, on a strictly theoretical basis it would seem only fair that institutions like the NHS are staffed by foreigners to a similar percentage to ensure that it's not f***ed by this additional layer of demand (e.g. 1 in 4 births are to foreign born mothers).

There is no need for any veneration of foreigners working for the NHS on this basis, foreigners working in the NHS is just a quid pro quo of our immigration system. Nothing more nothing less.......whether it does in fact benefit or cost the UK is moot, the data does not exist to prove it either way.

Think you will find that the percentage of foreign born doctors in NHS is more than double what you have estimated, (and that isn't on a theoretical basis) but as i said before, carry on

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fair chance because without immigrants working in the NHS we would be well and truly f***ed, but carry on

Agreed but then they should join OUR society where a military uniform isn't offensive. If they are offended or think other people might be and then take that out on the person wearing the military uniform them they've migrated to the wrong country and should leave.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Think you will find that the percentage of foreign born doctors in NHS is more than double what you have estimated, (and that isn't on a theoretical basis) but as i said before, carry on

I don't doubt it, but they are all here first and foremost as capitalists.

Given the way the UK funds it's health care compared to other countries its not a surprise that working in the NHS would be a pull for the more mercenary minded foreign health care worker. The more altruistic minded of their peers would continue to work in the poorer countries they are likely to come from, their need is greater than ours.

They will be here till something else comes along............that's globalisation for you.

No biggie.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
i assumed he was moved from bed to bed but:

"was taken first to an empty corner of the waiting room and later around a corner."

get over it. this is not a big deal. probably stressed out and tired emergency room staff ask man in uniform to step out of sight in case an emotional and upset (this is a hospital emergency room remember) muslim gets offended and causes an unnecessary situation which would make the overworked staff's jobs even tougher. instead of getting all upset about it, maybe just consider how sad it is that we live in a world where that mindset exists and, i think you'll find, is defensible.

Sorry, I think this is utter nonsense.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why would you want to wear a RAF uniform in bed?

Please tell us this isn't a serious question?

He came into the emergency unit with chemicals in his eyes for emergency treatment, probably didn't have time to go home and find his pyjamas, or see to get changed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There had previously been an attack at that A & E Department by a member of the public on a patient in military uniform. Staff were aware of this and offered the RAF man the option of waiting for treatment out of view of the public. He accepted the offer and thanked them.

What was wrong with that?

WTF?
A member of the public attacked a patient in military uniform in an A & E dept, sorry I'm just trying to get my head around that.

What sort of country are we living in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here