Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAF Sergeant moved by Hospital in case his uniform ''offended '' people.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They said they sorry and it wont happen again. Nothing to see here

I'm glad you don't read the news.
Here is the six o'clock news read by Hampster Gull " Nothing to see here "

Of course there is something to see, this sort of thing needs reporting , it's news .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Until it happens somewhere else , or something really serious happens , like the grooming and sexual abuse of young white girls doesnt get investigated , to avoid inflaming racial tensions, i mean , that couldnt happen........could it ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Man walks into a hospital. In full Muslim regalia. Hospital says what you doing here sir. Muslim man says I'm here as I feel unwell. hospital says well sir unfortunately you will need to sit over there on your own in that room as this area is predominantly white Christians and we do not want to offend them.
Theres a fuss , the hospital apologises and say it wont happen again , you think that you'd be saying ''nothing to see here '' then ? Of course you wouldnt.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Man walks into a hospital. In full Muslim regalia. Hospital says what you doing here sir. Muslim man says I'm here as I feel unwell. hospital says well sir unfortunately you will need to sit over there on your own in that room as this area is predominantly white Christians and we do not want to offend them.
Theres a fuss , the hospital apologises and say it wont happen again , you think that you'd be saying ''nothing to see here '' then ? Of course you wouldnt.

I would have said the same for that post at that time, i am no hugger of any particular cause as implied.

But saying nothing to see here was wrong. There clearly is something to see, i agree with you. Its right it was publicised and im pleased the hospital reacted appropriately

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why would you want to wear a RAF uniform in bed?

Why do THEY find it offensive ?? And why shouldn't he wear it if he wants to ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The fact that the staff wanted to move him is the point here , not whether any muslims complained .

Yes I know that and that's the point. Some idiot making a silly decision in case someone else is offended. It happens all the time. With Muslims, Afro Carribeans, Asians, women, pensioners , children. It's not staff policy at hospitals but just a couple of dimwits but you always love these threads. You love all this support our troops bit and why wouldn't you. You're ex service aren't you and put that with a bit of PC gone mad and it's off we go. Well, it's a talking point I suppose for 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Absolutely ****ing disgraceful if I was him i would have told them to **** off

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
i assumed he was moved from bed to bed but:

"was taken first to an empty corner of the waiting room and later around a corner."

get over it. this is not a big deal. probably stressed out and tired emergency room staff ask man in uniform to step out of sight in case an emotional and upset (this is a hospital emergency room remember) muslim gets offended and causes an unnecessary situation which would make the overworked staff's jobs even tougher. instead of getting all upset about it, maybe just consider how sad it is that we live in a world where that mindset exists and, i think you'll find, is defensible.

So if a woman had previously been sexually assaulted in that hospital, should they start hiding the female patients around the corner?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
"A spokesman for East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: "A member of the armed forces in uniform attended our A&E and was asked by a member of staff if he wanted to sit inside the department rather than the waiting room."

I wish this had happened to me when I went A&E a few weeks ago with chest pains - it didn't though and I sat for a couple of hours in the general waiting area before being taken into the department.

"A spokesman for East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: "A member of the armed forces in uniform attended our A&E and was asked by a member of staff if he wanted to sit inside the department rather than the waiting room."
That's the totality of the story.

There have been commentators and journalists who have tried to explain why this happened, but they all seem to have had an agenda that they wished to pursue as well.

Jan 30, 2008
What a ridiculous state of affairs , I'm just waiting for the usual crowd to come on here desperately trying to make excuses for this , for me its indefensible :facepalm: You might also want to take a look at the way the BBC report has been edited, impartial my arse .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spital-to-avoid-offending-other-patients.html

http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/QEQM...RAF-sergeant/story-27872720-detail/story.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34368332

A hospital that made an RAF sergeant move out of sight of other patients in case his uniform caused offence has been forced to apologise.
Aircraft engineer Mark Prendeville was relocated twice by hospital staff who allegedly told his family “they didn’t want to upset people” and “have lots of different cultures coming in”.
Sgt Prendeville was taken to the Accident and Emergency unit of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Kent after chemicals from a fire extinguisher got in to his eyes during a training exercise.
The 38-year-old, who has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, was taken first to an empty corner of the waiting room and later around a corner.
His father, who has also served in the armed forces, said he was “disgusted” by the way his son was treated.
“Mark was moved because of his uniform - he was told that twice,” Jim Prendeville told The Sun.
“The first time, they asked him to move around the corner. Then someone else came out and took him around another corner so no one would see him.
“They said they didn’t want to upset people in the hospital. The words they used were, ‘We’ve lots of different cultures’ coming in."
He added: “Mark was quite annoyed, but he’s a quiet lad and he didn’t want to kick up a fuss.
“He didn’t care about the burns, he felt worse about how he was treated. He felt bad about it.
“I was absolutely disgusted when I heard. I don’t know what is so offensive about a uniform.”
A spokesman for East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust apologised for “any embarrassment”.
“The employee was acting in good faith because previously there had been an altercation between a member of the public and a different member of the armed forced in uniform,” the spokesman said.
The father-of-one was treated for the chemicals in his eyes and prescribed drops. He is not expected to suffer long-term damage.

sickening, members of the Armed forces protecting this country "OFFENDING PEOPLE" WHO EVER'S OFFENDED can **** off out of this country :rant:
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:needpics:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here