RAF Sergeant moved by Hospital in case his uniform ''offended '' people.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
False because imo I think it was just to appease/appropriate as stated.

So you think this particular hospital has no written rules & regulations for their staff to follow? You dont think that would be a bit strange for a hospital that is part of the NHS? Even stranger if its rules, and regulations differ from the rest of the NHS.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So you think this particular hospital has no written rules & regulations for their staff to follow? You dont think that would be a bit strange for a hospital that is part of the NHS? Even stranger if its rules, and regulations differ from the rest of the NHS.

I think the apology was only made because of the complaint and media attention and was just to appease. Nothing would have been deemed inappropriate without the aforementioned imo. So an appeasing /appropriate statement was made imo.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, by saying this Soulman, you are insinuating quite a bit. Without any evidence whatsoever. Is that how it works? I will follow these rules in future ;-) I'll see if anybody picks up on it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I love how one employee acting like a complete DIV can spark an entire nation to be outraged. It was one employee. They made that assumption because a) they didn't want the aggro and b) they're dim.

If there was some nationwide law preventing soldiers in uniform sitting in the same places as the public in order to not offend anyone I could go along with the outrage.

But this is just rubbish. It was ONE person. One idiot who did the wrong thing.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I love how one employee acting like a complete DIV can spark an entire nation to be outraged. It was one employee. They made that assumption because a) they didn't want the aggro and b) they're dim.

If there was some nationwide law preventing soldiers in uniform sitting in the same places as the public in order to not offend anyone I could go along with the outrage.

Ive even apologised on the pesons behalf as well!!
Its a non story, but there are people who want it to be a massive story.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well, by saying this Soulman, you are insinuating quite a bit. Without any evidence whatsoever. Is that how it works? I will follow these rules in future ;-) I'll see if anybody picks up on it.
I thought people posted their opinions on links and footage, this was my opinion. If the rules and regulations are there in the NHS, and I have no reason to doubt, then how come this chap in uniform was hidden away, was this in the rules. If not then obviously disciplinary action will not be taken and so to appease an apology was deemed appropriate. I just think the apology is false.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I thought people posted their opinions on links and footage, this was my opinion. If the rules and regulations are there in the NHS, and I have no reason to doubt, then how come this chap in uniform was hidden away, was this in the rules. If not then obviously disciplinary action will not be taken and so to appease an apology was deemed appropriate. I just think the apology is false.

He wasnt 'hidden away'. The nurse asked him if he wanted to be moved as I understand it, maybe there is more to the story maybe not, do you think this is an NHS policy?
Anyway, be outraged if you need to be..

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Give it another 10 years and large parts of the South East would have changed. There will be more of this type of bullshit going around about not offending people, it will be us that has to change and not the other round.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There had previously been an attack at that A & E Department by a member of the public on a patient in military uniform. Staff were aware of this and offered the RAF man the option of waiting for treatment out of view of the public. He accepted the offer and thanked them.

What was wrong with that?

What is wrong with this that is the possible notion that someone would want to attack some who protects our freedom? why would that want to do that?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Who is "outraged", just a word used when some are annoyed and dismayed that a serviceman was moved out of the way so as not to offend others, similar situations have happened before and i believe apologies were put forward in those situations, seems that those cases were ignored and have happened again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who is "outraged", just a word used when some are annoyed and dismayed that a serviceman was moved out of the way so as not to offend others, similar situations have happened before and i believe apologies were put forward in those situations, seems that those cases were ignored and have happened again.

Crikey, did you slip a double negative in there somewhere? I can't work out if you are in favour of the armed forces or in favour of unrestricted immigration (the two most popular topics on here after BHA and Jezza Corbs). :wink:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There had previously been an attack at that A & E Department by a member of the public on a patient in military uniform. Staff were aware of this and offered the RAF man the option of waiting for treatment out of view of the public. He accepted the offer and thanked them.

What was wrong with that?

Really, is that how it was. I have resisted putting up the story from right wing media, the BBC instead.

"A hospital has apologised after an RAF sergeant was moved away from other patients because staff said his uniform might cause offence."......."The spokesman also said the hospital trust was "absolutely clear that members of Her Majesty's armed forces, whether in uniform or not, should not be treated any differently to any other person".

"We are now making this point clear to all our members of staff and will seek to make sure that this never happens again," he added.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34368332

"because staff said his uniform might cause offence."........ Why should his uniform cause offence??

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

So why isn't this person named and shamed and sacked? people are quite entitled to kick up a stink if there is no accountability.

Really, is that how it was. I have resisted putting up the story from right wing media, the BBC instead.

"A hospital has apologised after an RAF sergeant was moved away from other patients because staff said his uniform might cause offence."......."The spokesman also said the hospital trust was "absolutely clear that members of Her Majesty's armed forces, whether in uniform or not, should not be treated any differently to any other person".

"We are now making this point clear to all our members of staff and will seek to make sure that this never happens again," he added.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34368332

"because staff said his uniform might cause offence."........ Why should his uniform cause offence??

"This story has seriously misrepresented the actions of our member of staff, who was acting in good faith and trying to be kind and helpful" - spokesperson for the NHS trust that runs the hospital, quoted in The Isle of Thanet Gazette.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
"This story has seriously misrepresented the actions of our member of staff, who was acting in good faith and trying to be kind and helpful" - spokesperson for the NHS trust that runs the hospital, quoted in The Isle of Thanet Gazette.

So if the so called altercation had happened before then why was the latest measures not put in before, instead of hurriedly and conveniently now......."The spokesman also said the hospital trust was "absolutely clear that members of Her Majesty's armed forces, whether in uniform or not, should not be treated any differently to any other person".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So if the so called altercation had happened before then why was the latest measures not put in before, instead of hurriedly and conveniently now......."The spokesman also said the hospital trust was "absolutely clear that members of Her Majesty's armed forces, whether in uniform or not, should not be treated any differently to any other person".

Fifteen pages? :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports