Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Protester climbs onto crucible snooker table

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You are right. I don’t know him personally. Nof fair of me to call him a moron.

He could be a genius. He may also have been groomed by this cult to do the actions for them. They may have paid him to do it.

Who knows.
Conversely you seem to be from The ‘Cult of climate change deniers’. congratulations.

FWIW, demonstraters need to focus on those who can influence future policy and they don’t watch snooker. Dumping a ton of manure on the drive of the head of BP on the other hand would work nicely, as would picketing a polo match. Saying that no one got hurt and relatively easy to rectifly …

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just a reminder that every post here, the operation of this forum, the electricity used to power your device - all of these things are contributing to climate change. That sofa you’re sat on/bed you’re laid in/computer you’re sat at? Produced by means which contribute to climate change.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Actually rather troubling to see so many on here immediately responding to protest with demands for incarceration or similar. All because some powder got thrown on a table.

Guess some people just love authoritarianism.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Sorry I havent been able to comment for tye last hour. Ive been thrashing my Bentley up and down the M23

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So is there any feasible way this protest could lead to the world ending the use of oil? Are the middle east closing the fields as we speak?

I hope he's locked up.
Remarkable comment given our history

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And if the powder escalates into something more sinister?
So we’re arresting people for hypothetical situations now, are we?

Will all motorists be arrested because there COULD have been a group of orphans on the road who they’d have run over and killed? Should people be arrested for walking onto trains with backpacks on because there COULD be a bomb in it?

I cut a slice of bread earlier. I’m now recoiling with horror because that bread could have magically turned into a puppy as I cut it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm not sure locking people up to prevent somebody else committing a different crime is a good idea.
Deterrents are frequently used by the legal system when sentencing civil disobedience crimes. My question is was anyone hit by the powder? This would escalate the crime to common assault.

Assuming this criminal has previous convictions, I think a custodial sentence is very likely.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She died before WW1, and women got the vote in 1928. I imagine they'd have got the vote without her death. Women won the right in the US in 1919, but they didn't die in front of horses. Maybe her death delayed women getting the vote.
WW1 delayed it, but also helped it because women were asked to step up to do jobs, whilst the men were away.
In 1919, their jobs were removed from them to give back to the men returning home from war.
This got a lot more people angry and helped it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
WW1 delayed it, but also helped it because women were asked to step up to do jobs, whilst the men were away.
In 1919, their jobs were removed from them to give back to the men returning home from war.
This got a lot more people angry and helped it.
Indeed there were a lot of events that impacted it. I'm not sure Emily dying did anything to make it happen sooner.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Deterrents are frequently used by the legal system when sentencing civil disobedience crimes. My question is was anyone hit by the powder? This would escalate the crime to common assault.

Assuming this criminal has previous convictions, I think a custodial sentence is very likely.
That's not the argument I was commenting on though. Shifting the debate from throwing powder around to a vague "something more sinister" is ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here