Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Protester climbs onto crucible snooker table

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A woman threw herself in front of the King’s horse but died. Her fellow protestors did go to prison.
It worked though. Women got the vote.
She died before WW1, and women got the vote in 1928. I imagine they'd have got the vote without her death. Women won the right in the US in 1919, but they didn't die in front of horses. Maybe her death delayed women getting the vote.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Why do you think he's a moron? Someone who is willing to risk arrest, prosecution, and a possible duffing-up by upset snooker fans has got to be very brave. Climate change deniers with their heads in the sand need to be jolted out of their indifference...

You are right. I don’t know him personally. Nof fair of me to call him a moron.

He could be a genius. He may also have been groomed by this cult to do the actions for them. They may have paid him to do it.

Who knows.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A few more stunts like this, we’ll be adopting plant bssed diets, ditching capitalism, giving up our cars and consumerism and ditching foreign travel.
Alternatively just vote Labour in :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is my reasoned opinion.

Climate change and man’s destruction of the planet is very real.

But I don’t believe in petty vandalism to disrupt, instead persuasion and jaw-jaw-jaw to get the vast majority on side. Consensus, with integrated public systems as we see in parts of western Europe.

I also own up to being a hypocrite, aren’t we all? I fly to holiday destinations.
👍

no arguing with the virtue signallers though….we’re just not as good as them

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Really? Show me coverage which doesn’t mention the cause?

Where is the news coverage that mentions the aims of the group and the reasoning behind it? Can you point out the news coverage that does mention the cause?

Or look at social media such as Twitter, which shows thousand of people making personal abuse at the protester and organisation with very few showing support.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But it isn’t about just stopping oil, is it? It is about changing society and purging things the organisations planning the protests don’t like.

We had a group of these guys once outside Tesco in Seaford and I stopped to hear what they had to say.

Three of them were there for don’t stop oil, two more seemed to think they were protesting vegan issues. There is a huge amount of crossover and the message gets muddied.

A lot of protestors do this stuff full time; if there is a cause, they’re behind it - as long as it is protesting the status quo.

A great many protestors I’ve encountered aren’t single issue campaigners, and simply won’t be happy until every one of their requirements on how people should live is met.

Climate change is often used as a more palatable, easy to sell cause than, say, wanting everyone to become vegan because they find the idea of eating meat repugnant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where is the news coverage that mentions the aims of the group and the reasoning behind it? Can you point out the news coverage that does mention the cause?

Or look at social media such as Twitter, which shows thousand of people making personal abuse at the protester and organisation with very few showing support.
That'll be YOUR version of Twitter.
Unsurprisingly my version of Twitter is the complete opposite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Er, maybe try the BBC? Or Sky? Am I misunderstanding your question?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Would this be so f**king funny if they'd had KNIVES in their hands, grappled with the players trying to stop them and been STABBED? They could very easily have chosen to slash the cloths.

Some pathetic comments from snooker haters. :(

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
But it isn’t about just stopping oil, is it? It is about changing society and purging things the organisations planning the protests don’t like.

We had a group of these guys once outside Tesco in Seaford and I stopped to hear what they had to say.

Three of them were there for don’t stop oil, two more seemed to think they were protesting vegan issues. There is a huge amount of crossover and the message gets muddied.

A lot of protestors do this stuff full time; if there is a cause, they’re behind it - as long as it is protesting the status quo.

A great many protestors I’ve encountered aren’t single issue campaigners, and simply won’t be happy until every one of their requirements on how people should live is met.

Climate change is often used as a more palatable, easy to sell cause than, say, wanting everyone to become vegan because they find the idea of eating meat repugnant.

Exctinction Rebellion have said they’ve given up with public disruption. It hasn’t worked. They haven’t gained the support of the public as they’d hoped.

Stop Oil just haven’t figured this out yet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They've arrested someone who claims they were framed.

I'll stop there and give you a break.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Or all those other things that are made out of the product….etc etc etc
Or used in manufacturing/distribution of their product, like the shoes and clothes they wear, their glasses or contact lenses, their hair product and the packaging it came in, the hundreds of miles it travelled by lorry to arrive on shop floors… the uniforms the staff are wearing when they sell them the product, the manufacturing techniques used to produce the currency they pay with……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here