Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Protester climbs onto crucible snooker table

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It is just a cult.

Simple minded morons groomed to do stupid things without fully understanding the consequences.
Look just because you don’t like it there’s no need to badmouth snooker this way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just so long as you’re not then moving on to the Castle Club for a few frames, which I’m sure we can all agree would actually be tantamount to murdering Mother Nature herself whilst devouring a steak sandwich

I went there once, a long time ago, mid 80’s when we were rained off work. An excuse for a gallon of daytime lager. We may’ve got there by, whisper it, internal combustion engine.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is just a cult.

Simple minded morons groomed to do stupid things without fully understanding the consequences.
So easily dismissed eh? You can write them off without losing a wink of sleep. Good for you.
I’ve got one foot in the grave but I worry for my grandchildren. People aren’t just refugees from war, but from flooding, and famine. The latter two affected by extreme weather conditions.
But, I’m alright, Jack.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
So easily dismissed eh? You can write them off without losing a wink of sleep. Good for you.
I’ve got one foot in the grave but I worry for my grandchildren. People aren’t just refugees from war, but from flooding, and famine. The latter two affected by extreme weather conditions.
But, I’m alright, Jack.

You’re right. It is completely normal behaviour to jump on a snooker table and throw paint powder.

And with hysteria about climate change, this stunt will win over the general public who will no doubt get behind the cause.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
In a hundred years time when large swathes of our planet are uninhabitable (this is a scientific projection) I wonder who our descendants will consider were the "simple minded morons" in 2023?

You are right. Tactics like this have worked so well so far.

A few more stunts like this, we’ll be adopting plant bssed diets, ditching capitalism, giving up our cars and consumerism and ditching foreign travel.

All because of some attention seeker distupting snooker.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Waiting for the pitch invasion on Sunday…..TB (not Tony Bloom) at the front conducting the charge of the woke brigade😏

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I love a bit of snooker on the tele in the background. Very relaxing. It seems an odd thing to disprupt and it si bloody annoying with the delay it causes but.... it's a protest and I still have some respect for those willing to protest. I mean you can just sit and watch while we go to hell in a handcart or... So i don't begrudge them their protest and in front of the rich grey haired crowd maybe it's a "good audience" for it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You’re right. It is completely normal behaviour to jump on a snooker table and throw paint powder.

And with hysteria about climate change, this stunt will win over the general public who will no doubt get behind the cause.

This is my reasoned opinion.

Climate change and man’s destruction of the planet is very real.

But I don’t believe in petty vandalism to disrupt, instead persuasion and jaw-jaw-jaw to get the vast majority on side. Consensus, with integrated public systems as we see in parts of western Europe.

I also own up to being a hypocrite, aren’t we all? I fly to holiday destinations.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
People are talking about the moron who jumped on the snooker table, rather than the cause.
Why do you think he's a moron? Someone who is willing to risk arrest, prosecution, and a possible duffing-up by upset snooker fans has got to be very brave. Climate change deniers with their heads buried in the sand need to be jolted out of their indifference somehow...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Absolute nutter all these protesters need to be locked up.
I would say unbelievable but I have seen some of the other nonsense that you post.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why do you think he's a moron? Someone who is willing to risk arrest, prosecution, and a possible duffing-up by upset snooker fans has got to be very brave. Climate change deniers with their heads in the sand need to be jolted out of their indifference...
Brave….pffft..slightly over egging that one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here