Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Protester climbs onto crucible snooker table

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So i don't begrudge them their protest and in front of the rich grey haired crowd maybe it's a "good audience" for it.
Tickets cost about £40. There are significantly richer grey haired audiences that could be protested in front of.
Although since it's one of the few sports still on the BBC it probably has a wildly larger TV audience than most people would guess.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Would this be so f**king funny if they'd had KNIVES in their hands, grappled with the players trying to stop them and been STABBED? They could very easily have chosen to slash the cloths.

Some pathetic comments from snooker haters. :(

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do see violence in the future from some environmental groups.

Some of them fantasise about revolutions coming.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Where is the news coverage that mentions the aims of the group and the reasoning behind it? Can you point out the news coverage that does mention the cause?

Or look at social media such as Twitter, which shows thousand of people making personal abuse at the protester and organisation with very few showing support.
Or a thread about it on a football forum that is amassing a vast number of posts in a short space of time.

Oh...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
She died before WW1, and women got the vote in 1928. I imagine they'd have got the vote without her death. Women won the right in the US in 1919, but they didn't die in front of horses. Maybe her death delayed women getting the vote.
Considering the contempt parliament had for Suffragettes and that many men thought they were no better than criminals or insurrectionists I think you may well be wrong. Yes they would eventually get the vote but it certainly wouldn’t have happened until afer WWII.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will the protesters be sent a bill-iards for the damage?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tickets cost about £40. There are significantly richer grey haired audiences that could be protested in front of.
Although since it's one of the few sports still on the BBC it probably has a wildly larger TV audience than most people would guess.

I suspect TV audiences are vastly greater than for WSL games.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yes you may be right, although I did mean the tv audience more than the ticket holders. I imagine, maybe wrong, that the audience might be a bit like a bowls audience, old, rich, Tory?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When someone finally hoses off Donald Trump

View attachment 159796
So is there any feasible way this protest could lead to the world ending the use of oil? Are the middle east closing the fields as we speak?

I hope he's locked up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here