[Albion] Post-match party on Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Have we reached a sensible compromise such that there will now be a few seasonal tunes to, as the Albion put in their release make it "the perfect way to begin the holiday season"?

Or shall I just do the usual post-match WSL concourse - train - Cyclist/BoT thing?

WSL concourse - train - Cyclist/BoT thing if the comments of the organisers are anything to go by - it's our party and we'll play what we like

"The perfect way to begin the holiday season - by not celebrating the holiday at all" would have been more apt publicity

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
No, it's a party for people who like soul, funk, disco, and Indie classics.

I'm struggling to work out what is so hard to understand about it?

The clubs advertising of it was:

It's back by popular demand and the perfect way to begin the holiday season!

Following the success of last season's post-match parties, we are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our first of the season, following Saturday's match against Middlesbrough.

Once again the East concourse will open its doors to both home and away fans for a festive get together.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...his-saturday-2856556.aspx#bT06SPfVSymw30Y0.99

So it's quite hard to understand why a festive get together isn't actually going to have anything festive about it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
WSL concourse - train - Cyclist/BoT thing if the comments of the organisers are anything to go by - it's our party and we'll play what we like

I think when it's your party you can cry if you want to, cry if you want to.
You would cry to, if someone played ****ing Slade at a football festive knees-up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Everyone loves a cheese fest of Chrimbo specials. With 3 points under our belts & a few pints down the neck, a bit of Slade, Wings, Wizzard etc will get everyone in the mood. Unless it's one of those "to cool for school" bashes.

Then again, I won't be there anyway, so my opinion matters not a jot.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If you want Xmas songs then feck of home and tune into Heart or better still turn on Sky channel 355.

Good work to those that are organising, play the music of your choice and those that want to be there will be there, the others can head to Dicks or congregate in the North Stand concourse and sing Silent Night.

If Silent Night is in German then wunderbah

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Blimey, some people have got their knickers in a twist.

We're playing soul, funk, indie, singalongashite, Xmas, cheese, chestnuts and whatever I've laid my hands on tonight.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Soul finger, If you are the DJ you should be playing cheese, cheese and a bit more cheese. It's a football stadium catering for the masses. Not funk and soul afternoon at the Funky Buddha. wonderwall, wizard and madness and you can't go wrong.

Instead looks like we get some pretentious drum and base from western Columbia that everyone dissapears to.

Merry Christmas

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey, some people have got their knickers in a twist.

We're playing soul, funk, indie, singalongashite, Xmas, cheese, chestnuts and whatever I've laid my hands on tonight.

Great to see a Osborne-esque U-turn on this one and that common sense has prevailed.

I'm still borderline. Any chance of an approximate breakdown of numbers per genre.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will have to give this a swerve as out in Worthing tonight - China Palace here we come

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Great to see a Osborne-esque U-turn on this one and that common sense has prevailed.

I'm still borderline. Any chance of an approximate breakdown of numbers per genre.

Which U-turn was that? The one where I've not said what I'll be playing?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Season of goodwill and all that.

A few Christmas ditties wouldn't hurt :rock:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Which U-turn was that? The one where I've not said what I'll be playing?

The one where you fellow DJ stated pretty clearly no Christmas music and that anybody who wants Christmas music should go elsewhere. And now we have not just Christmas music.....but CHEESE as well

A much welcomed U turn

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Soul finger, If you are the DJ you should be playing cheese, cheese and a bit more cheese. It's a football stadium catering for the masses. Not funk and soul afternoon at the Funky Buddha. wonderwall, wizard and madness and you can't go wrong.

Instead looks like we get some pretentious drum and base from western Columbia that everyone dissapears to.

Merry Christmas

Agreed. Plenty of time for 'cool' music, a post match party at a football stadium is neither the time or the place. I'm sure the majority of attendees (myself inc) would be more than happy with a set of cheese / xmas songs and I'm certain that it would be far more conducive to a party atmosphere than a load of obscure funky northern soul music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports