Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match party on Saturday

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was in the North stand concourse for one drink before going round to the East for the party. I walked right through to the shop to collect my Monopoly, and then back to my mates. I walked right through to the other end to go to the East. I didn't see any Palace scarf.

I will believe it when I see a photo :)
I think someone saw a kid in a Barcelona shirt at one match and went spare :wozza:
Edit- thinking it was a Palace shirt

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I will believe it when I see a photo :)
I think someone saw a kid in a Barcelona shirt at one match and went spare :wozza:
Edit- thinking it was a Palace shirt

I have to say about 10 minutes after the game finished i was standing at the entrance to the NS and opposite me was a chap who had a black and white scarf on with Ultras written on it, it also had 1975 written on the bottom, and close to him was a young chap with what i thought was a Palace shirt on.
They disappeared into the concourse i believe.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Slightly different at an organised charity football match though isn't it.

No this was a league game that palace were at home...can't remember who they were playing

Ed and ros did the same....in fact there were a few of us who did that a few years ago....in fact at the palace brighton game the much missed tony langridge presented a local Croydon team with a cheque with the palace girls in his brighton shirt.

It has been done a few times.

No this was a league game that palace were at home...can't remember who they were playing

Ed and ros did the same....in fact there were a few of us who did that a few years ago....in fact at the palace brighton game the much missed tony langridge presented a local Croydon team with a cheque with the palace girls in his brighton shirt.

It has been done a few times.

Not just Roz and me. I think there were eight of us. We all met up with the Palace lads at the Woolpack, which at the time was the pub of choice of Pete the Seagulleater and his chums. After escaping the clutches of a van full of the Met' s finest who, for some reason, were anticipating a bit of trouble, we set off for Selhurst Park, where seven of us sat with the Norwich fans, who were somewhat bemused by a bunch of people wearing the Albion's stripes. The eighth member of our party, the young Miss Bracknell, sat with the Seagulleater in the Arthur Waite Stand. Highlight of the afternoon was having the entire Holmesdale end hurling abuse and traditional songs at us, once our stripes had been seen, while the Norwich supporters just got more confused than usual.

A helpful Met police sergeant did warn me that it might be wise to cover up the stripes before we walked into the streets after the game. I remember telling him not to worry. "We're drinking in the Woolpack afterwards".

The point of all this was, of course, to promote a REMF game, but I guess there were more than a few thousand Palace fans who never got the message. But, thankfully, the Seagulleater and his mates were hardened veterans of many a Boxing Day and proved very capable of looking after us.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not just Roz and me. I think there were eight of us. We all met up with the Palace lads at the Woolpack, which at the time was the pub of choice of Pete the Seagulleater and his chums. After escaping the clutches of a van full of the Met' s finest who, for some reason, were anticipating a bit of trouble, we set off for Selhurst Park, where seven of us sat with the Norwich fans, who were somewhat bemused by a bunch of people wearing the Albion's stripes. The eighth member of our party, the young Miss Bracknell, sat with the Seagulleater in the Arthur Waite Stand. Highlight of the afternoon was having the entire Holmesdale end hurling abuse and traditional songs at us, once our stripes had been seen, while the Norwich supporters just got more confused than usual.

A helpful Met police sergeant did warn me that it might be wise to cover up the stripes before we walked into the streets after the game. I remember telling him not to worry. "We're drinking in the Woolpack afterwards".

The point of all this was, of course, to promote a REMF game, but I guess there were more than a few thousand Palace fans who never got the message. But, thankfully, the Seagulleater and his mates were hardened veterans of many a Boxing Day and proved very capable of looking after us.
I was sitting a few rows back with my Norwich mates that day and enjoyed the banter at the time I just thought it was a wind up until later. I meet the seagulleater at one of the REMF football matches when he showed of his tattoo.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There was a guy wearing a Palace Ultras scarf around his neck on the NS concourse post match in full view of everyone.
I'll leave the rest up to you.

There was somebody at the front of the NS with a SevillaUltras scarf are you sure you read it right.

leo.eyles

May 7, 2015
There was somebody at the front of the NS with a SevillaUltras scarf are you sure you read it right.
If I'd have known I would have worn my Betis scarf. It was the Sevilla Derby last night which finished goalless. No love lost at that fixture.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here