Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match party on Saturday

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are we at the stage yet where some helpful soul suggests that if anyone wants Christmas music they could organise it themselves ???

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Won't hurt to put a bit of Pogues on between tunes? Would be LOLS with a load of pissed up fans singing along IMHO. Carl Cox and Fatboy slim have done it in the middle of house and Techno sets so if it is good enough for them......

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Are we at the stage yet where some helpful soul suggests that if anyone wants Christmas music they could organise it themselves ???

What I tend to do if there's an event on where the music isn't to my liking - I simply don't attend. I don't whinge and moan about it on a football message board.

The stadium has loads of 'community' space and in the East Stand concourse on Saturday two blokes will be playing a broad selection of music that won't include Christmas music.

As Mr Valkyrie suggests, maybe someone could organise an event with two hours of Christmas music?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Is that miserable fecking Steward going to be guarding your decks like for the Norwich match:moo:
I'll bring some cotton wool for his ears:)

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
So "everyone you spoke to" didn't want Christmas music and yet - lo and behold - the majority of people who have expressed an opinion on here would like to hear some seasonal tunes

Can't help but feel that the people you spoke to just told you what you wanted to hear (if you spoke to anyone at all) and that you are simply playing music that you like and want to hear - which baiscally appeals to a handful of Albion fans who will be at the game

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Is that miserable fecking Steward going to be guarding your decks like for the Norwich match:moo:
I'll bring some cotton wool for his ears:)

Ah yes, I remember him.

He didn't crack a smile the whole time, including during the conga!

He wouldn't let me back behind the deck and I was holding a record!

Bring some cotton wool, and a feather duster to tickle him with.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What I tend to do if there's an event on where the music isn't to my liking - I simply don't attend. I don't whinge and moan about it on a football message board.

The stadium has loads of 'community' space and in the East Stand concourse on Saturday two blokes will be playing a broad selection of music that won't include Christmas music.

As Mr Valkyrie suggests, maybe someone could organise an event with two hours of Christmas music?

I'm convinced.

I'll give it a swerve, then.

Shame.

Nobody has suggested two hours of Christmas songs, by the way. Just in case you thought they had.

I guess it's your party, rather than an event aimed at those at the game.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I guess it's your party, rather than an event aimed at those at the game.

No, it's a party for people who like soul, funk, disco, and Indie classics.

I'm struggling to work out what is so hard to understand about it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If you want Xmas songs then feck of home and tune into Heart or better still turn on Sky channel 355.

Good work to those that are organising, play the music of your choice and those that want to be there will be there, the others can head to Dicks or congregate in the North Stand concourse and sing Silent Night.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have we reached a sensible compromise such that there will now be a few seasonal tunes to, as the Albion put in their release make it "the perfect way to begin the holiday season"?

Or shall I just do the usual post-match WSL concourse - train - Cyclist/BoT thing?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
No, it's a party for people who like soul, funk, disco, and Indie classics.

I'm struggling to work out what is so hard to understand about it?

Surely given the time of year and the requests on here to play xmas music it wouldn't hurt to stop trying to be 'I'm way too cool to play xmas tunes as I've got far superior music taste' and actually play some xmas music?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here