Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, no balloons etc at Liverpool.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really don't understand. Why do you care what a load of scousers think? I honestly could not be more uninterested in how they see us.

There was an assumption made that LFC fans would be critical of a fun loving Albion end.
Quite the opposite, they will welcome Brighton, and there will be a positive cup atmosphere all round the ground.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAUTRWUJ.jpg
I got a job lot of these from a bloke called Del if You want them for the game ?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Pack it in, its embarrassing. Grow a backbone, or as they say these days "man up". Balloons, I ask you, go and support palace, palace embarrassed themselves at the cup semi final doing that.. which I seem to remember they also failed to sell all their tickets for..

Why can't you let someone support their club in their own way 'palace did this palace did that' we're not going to embarrass ourselves, we're Brighton & Hove Bloody Albion. We're not just going to drop half of our fanbase.

You seem to be forgetting that we're moving up in the world quite fast. 1/2 seasons ago we were in league 1, in a nasty little picnic stand, and now, we've got a fantastic stadium, bigger support, and are fighting to get past liverpool in the cup.

No, we won't embarrass ourselves...we're in our prime. I mean our fans aren't as fickle as the Palace/Crawley lot. Just mind your own business and let other albion fans get on with it their way. Why don't you grow a backbone and go and scold other abion fans for throwing balloons, or are you just going to sit here bitching to NSC about it?

Feb 14, 2010
Why can't you let someone support their club in their own way 'palace did this palace did that' we're not going to embarrass ourselves, we're Brighton & Hove Bloody Albion. We're not just going to drop half of our fanbase.

You seem to be forgetting that we're moving up in the world quite fast. 1/2 seasons ago we were in league 1, in a nasty little picnic stand, and now, we've got a fantastic stadium, bigger support, and are fighting to get past liverpool in the cup.

No, we won't embarrass ourselves...we're in our prime. I mean our fans aren't as fickle as the Palace/Crawley lot. Just mind your own business and let other albion fans get on with it their way. Why don't you grow a backbone and go and scold other abion fans for throwing balloons, or are you just going to sit here bitching to NSC about it?

Mate I've watched the Albion in the top flight and all the way down to the lowest league. I know we are going places but all this Watford/palace style, jester hats and balloon stuff just isn't the Brighton that I support. What next? Some bloody teenager wearing a replica shirt with a drum? In their own way they are as embarrassing as the teenagers wearing burberry caps and trying to be hard. No i'm not going to Liverpool, been before tho'. As I have to Rochdale on a midweek and 50 or so other league clubs

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Mate I've watched the Albion in the top flight and all the way down to the lowest league. I know we are going places but all this Watford/palace style, jester hats and balloon stuff just isn't the Brighton that I support. What next? Some bloody teenager wearing a replica shirt with a drum? In their own way they are as embarrassing as the teenagers wearing burberry caps and trying to be hard. No i'm not going to Liverpool, been before tho'. As I have to Rochdale on a midweek and 50 or so other league clubs

You forgot to mention that it was freezing cold and wet when you went to Rochdale, that they had run out of pies before you got there, and the coach broke down on the way back.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

trust me, mate, a teenager with a drum is better than a bunch of teenagers going to away games and causing damage/trouble. Rather a drum, jester hats and balloons than a bad reputation from a bunch of kids who think they're being funny and hard.

Feb 14, 2010
You forgot to mention that it was freezing cold and wet when you went to Rochdale, that they had run out of pies before you got there, and the coach broke down on the way back.

It wasn't that cold, was great fun, about 650/700 of us, great atmos and it was a great night. Rochdale fans were superb as well as they all started a "We hate man U" chant as they were playing in the Chamopions League that night. I dont buy food at football and dont understand why people have to be fed every 45 minutes and then have not worked out why they are over weight!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I seem to remember a few people on here at the beginning of the season saying how crap it would be waving flags at the Donny game.

Problem these days is that kids have been brainwashed by sky tv and they all want to act like Watford or palace fans with drums and ultras. Sad really, but will be funny when they get into Anfield with their balloons as they will think, actually, this isnt such a great ground after all.

They will then notice that you can hear a pin drop in the ground apart from the away fans, and the ramp up "you'll never walk alone" is so cheesy that's its laughable.

Still they wont be told and if they want to look Noddy then its up to them really. kids today, i don't know, they seem to lack pride and dignity. Especially the Harry Potter lookalikes!

All clubs are turning into Nigels these days, its not just palace, although thankfully at least we dont have goal music and some teenager with a drum like that shower in the surrey suburbs.

Pack it in, its embarrassing. Grow a backbone, or as they say these days "man up". Balloons, I ask you, go and support palace, palace embarrassed themselves at the cup semi final doing that.. which I seem to remember they also failed to sell all their tickets for..

"Grow a back bone" "drums and ultras" "lack pride" - we're talking about a few balloons at our biggest game of the season at one of the most historic football stadiums in the world. You need to get a sense of perspective and quit all this macho hyperbole.

I dont buy food at football and dont understand why people have to be fed every 45 minutes and then have not worked out why they are over weight!

Do they? Do they really not know? Is there anyone who has to be fed EVERY 45 minutes who does not realise why they are overweight? And what has eating a pie at half time got to do with pride, back bone or the subject of this thread?

You really need to get this chip off your shoulder. Mind you, your username kind of suggests it's a preoccupation with you.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just a few 'oldies' moaning nothing to see here move on :fishing:

On a serious note I remember balloons at most away games of old, West Ham, Orient, Bournemouth there was a patch when everyone did it for all games. Why does it matter if people enjoy it, Some people may find how you dress or support the team as cringe? Do you see thread on here telling you how to behave?

"Grow a back bone" "drums and ultras" "lack pride" - we're talking about a few balloons at our biggest game of the season at one of the most historic football stadiums in the world. You need to get a sense of perspective and quit all this macho hyperbole.

Do they? Do they really not know? Is there anyone who has to be fed EVERY 45 minutes who does not realise why they are overweight? And what has eating a pie at half time got to do with pride, back bone or the subject of this thread?

You really need to get this chip off your shoulder. Mind you, your username kind of suggests it's a preoccupation with you.

Not often I agree with Noodles, but THIS.

Deep breath Pot Noodles, I seem to have hit a nerve. Just observations from too long watching football that's all.

Me have a deep breath? You're the one telling people that they have no backbone because there might be a balloon or two at a footie match and then go off on a "pies at half time" rant. You're the one with the issues.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And I seem to remember the FA Cup semi-final at Highbury where there were balloons aplenty. It was fantastic!

There really are some miserable old gits on here sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here