Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, no balloons etc at Liverpool.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Feb 14, 2010
It'll make us look like Exeter or some noddy outfit. Ok, It's the 5th round but we'll be here more than the lower teams.

Didn't see Wrexham bring balloons etc to ours.

Just turn up and sing and support the lads.

Spot on bigbelly. Problem these days is that kids have been brainwashed by sky tv and they all want to act like Watford or palace fans with drums and ultras. Sad really, but will be funny when they get into Anfield with their balloons as they will think, actually, this isnt such a great ground after all.

They will then notice that you can hear a pin drop in the ground apart from the away fans, and the ramp up "you'll never walk alone" is so cheesy that's its laughable.

Still they wont be told and if they want to look Noddy then its up to them really. kids today, i don't know, they seem to lack pride and dignity. Especially the Harry Potter lookalikes!

All clubs are turning into Nigels these days, its not just palace, although thankfully at least we dont have goal music and some teenager with a drum like that shower in the surrey suburbs.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
It'll make us look like Exeter or some noddy outfit. Ok, It's the 5th round but we'll be here more than the lower teams.

Didn't see Wrexham bring balloons etc to ours.

Just turn up and sing and support the lads.

Well who cares? Let someone else enjoy themselves. away at anfield is a HUGE occasion for us.

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Feb 14, 2010
Well who cares? Let someone else enjoy themselves. away at anfield is a HUGE occasion for us.

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Pack it in, its embarrassing. Grow a backbone, or as they say these days "man up". Balloons, I ask you, go and support palace, palace embarrassed themselves at the cup semi final doing that.. which I seem to remember they also failed to sell all their tickets for..

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I actually agree with you. Balloons make us look small-time and tin-pot. And to those saying it's our biggest game in years, for me this is like Stoke last season, Liverpool have past it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wasn't going to buy any balloons - but I've changed my mind now. I've going to bring LOADS.

Interesting posts above regarding the SKY effect.. mmmmm

I can remember flags, dodgy plastic hats, pointy fingers - even balloons well before Murdoch was around. All the fun of FA cup me thinks.

Even Manchester United had official flat caps at the final. Possibly you couldn't make it ?

If anyone has been affected by the modern coverage and interpretation of the game it's the original poster.

Last edited:

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Anyone over the age of 12 who takes a balloon to a football match is a bit weird in my book. And as for jester hats, blue and white wigs, face paint, unless you're a young child - NO!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Anyone over the age of 12 who takes a balloon to a football match is a bit weird in my book. And as for jester hats, blue and white wigs, face paint, unless you're a young child - NO!

Hi everyone! Apparently, we're all a bit weird in my house :)

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I don't normally agree with Bigbelly as he normally spouts quite a lot of crap, but on this occasion I do think he has a point. Balloons and the like is a touch cringeworthy.
It smacks of the big club - small club mentality and we aren't a small club anymore !

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Spot on bigbelly. Problem these days is that kids have been brainwashed by sky tv and they all want to act like Watford or palace fans with drums and ultras. Sad really, but will be funny when they get into Anfield with their balloons as they will think, actually, this isnt such a great ground after all.

They will then notice that you can hear a pin drop in the ground apart from the away fans, and the ramp up "you'll never walk alone" is so cheesy that's its laughable.

Still they wont be told and if they want to look Noddy then its up to them really. kids today, i don't know, they seem to lack pride and dignity. Especially the Harry Potter lookalikes!

All clubs are turning into Nigels these days, its not just palace, although thankfully at least we dont have goal music and some teenager with a drum like that shower in the surrey suburbs.

I really don't understand. Why do you care what a load of scousers think? I honestly could not be more uninterested in how they see us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Love colour at football. Also agree with Le Grand Belly to a degree so I'm a bit on the fence on this one.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Didn't we have balloons at spurs a few years ago and wasn't the spurs fans impressed?

It's funny how people go to a football match and all they worry about what the other teams fans think of us..... More balloons I say.. Let the kids enjoy it and some adults too.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
The FA Cup was traditionally always a bit more flamboyant than your usual bread and butter games, and gave a good excuse for a bit of extra colour. Sort of Bank Holiday atmosphere.

Remember those tin-foil replica FA Cup trophies, or the elaborate top hats that people used to make specially for the day ? On FA Cup Final day itself, part of the fun was spotting the banners that fans had created which were often quite funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here