[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Mate it's your lot who bang drums, shout back goal scorers names whilst prancing around to goal music. Read Build a bonfire before you even think about waving such banners. Really palace! Who next mk dons shouting about the soul of football? Truly one of the funniest things I've heard about football.
I'd much rather be kicked out of the Amex and banned for creating an atmosphere than have a stadium enjoying themselves...

The lack of atmosphere is modern football. You are the shining example. Clapping the opposition players? What a bunch of numpties.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
So, where did you get all the inside information on a football club you dont support? Tony Bloom has already stumped up the thick end of 150 mil, as you say, we have been playing catch up for the last three years in this division, and hopefully, our debt is now going to reduce as more finacial resources come on stream. As for being deluded, I supported this club when we were really in the cack, it tends to destroy any delusions, believe me
We don't need to believe you.

I certainly don't... having been stood outside the bank that was holding our future in their hands for 6 hours in the pissing rain, I know full well the feeling that your club may cease to exist in a matter of minutes.

Feb 14, 2010
Better than a club whose players were accused and then cleared of unlawfully banging a woman.

Tell me something, world-wide and UK-wide, who has a great atmosphere in your Tarquin class opinion?

Palace in the championship playing Yeovil on a midweek would have say 12000 odd and a kid with a drum. Brighton around 28000 and no drums. Now your plastics turn up for premier league football and still bang drums then don't kid yourselves that people are not laughing at you still. Really palace talking about modern football. You just don't have a clue. Build a bonfire might make you understand just why we find your banner comedy gold

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
We don't need to believe you.

I certainly don't... having been stood outside the bank that was holding our future in their hands for 6 hours in the pissing rain, I know full well the feeling that your club may cease to exist in a matter of minutes.

I agree it must have been hard waiting outside that bank in the rain. The upside was that you could all fit under one umbrella.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Palace in the championship playing Yeovil on a midweek would have say 12000 odd and a kid with a drum. Brighton around 28000 and no drums. Now your plastics turn up for premier league football and still bang drums then don't kid yourselves that people are not laughing at you still. Really palace talking about modern football. You just don't have a clue. Build a bonfire might make you understand just why we find your banner comedy gold
Really?

Let us discuss a simple question.

You could not sell out the Withdean, but have gained 22,000 extra fans.

Reasons such as "I wouldn't want to watch football at that shit hole but I'll go the AMEX" were part of this forum at the time.

Answer this...

You are supporters of a stadium. Not your football club. Your stadium.

Slightly embarrassing.

The real fans were the 4000 who had Season Tickets at the Withdean. I hope they look around every week and are disgusted with the plastics that turn up week after week, just as I am with the 8000 we have gained this season.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Really?

Reasons such as "I wouldn't want to watch football at that shit hole but I'll go the AMEX" were part of this forum at the time.

Answer this...

Slightly embarrassing.

The real fans were the 4000 who had Season Tickets at the Withdean. I hope they look around every week and are disgusted with the plastics that turn up week after week, just as I am with the 8000 we have gained this season.

So what about the crowds before Withdean at The Goldstone?

Feb 14, 2010
Really?

Answer this...

Slightly embarrassing.

Someone tell him with dean sold out for 3/4 if the first seasons there. Don't also tell us who real fans are. They 30000 in div three against say Darlington didn't care about being called real fans. That's brighton just under stated. Your lot had to beg people to watch you last season with two for one deals, you prance around to goal music, you shout back scorers names you bang drums and you Double your gate when in the top flight. Don't even start to compare your shower with us. Read build a bonfire and learn something. The world heard of brighton after the York game and you lot try and say that failing to pay your debts to pay Zaha wages is comparable to what happens at brighton. It's such a ridiculous claim that you must write the stories for the old Sunday Sport.. Because it is as funny as World War Two plane found on the moon

Feb 14, 2010
Really tho how can you bang a drum, prance around to goal music and wave banners about modern football? It's well just the funniest thing I've heard in football for a very long time!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Really tho how can you bang a drum, prance around to goal music and wave banners about modern football? It's well just the funniest thing I've heard in football for a very long time!

You're trying a bit too hard now Major !

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Someone tell him with dean sold out for 3/4 if the first seasons there. Don't also tell us who real fans are. They 30000 in div three against say Darlington didn't care about being called real fans. That's brighton just under stated. Your lot had to beg people to watch you last season with two for one deals, you prance around to goal music, you shout back scorers names you bang drums and you Double your gate when in the top flight. Don't even start to compare your shower with us. Read build a bonfire and learn something. The world heard of brighton after the York game and you lot try and say that failing to pay your debts to pay Zaha wages is comparable to what happens at brighton. It's such a ridiculous claim that you must write the stories for the old Sunday Sport.. Because it is as funny as World War Two plane found on the moon
You know, we had 52000 for a game once as well.

The World heard of Brighton. I'm sure they were delighted.

3-4 SEASONS of sell-outs... WOW!

Just Wow.

So, what you are saying is that because you wasn't doing very well, people stopped going? Shocker. Absolute shocker.

As for mentioning Wilf's <£1000 a month wages at the time, he says this.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

Just Wow.

So, what you are saying is that because you wasn't doing very well, people stopped going? Shocker. Absolute shocker.

Answer my question about the Goldstone. People stopped going because the ground did not have enough seats for them all. All Palace idiots base our Withdean crowds as the true figure and Amex just full of plastics it's simply not true and the stats bare that out.

Feb 14, 2010

Just Wow.

My friend, it's your lot with banners about modern football and your lot who double your gate when premier league and your lot that bang drums and dance to goal music. As for the goldstone, gillingham then with dean, well don't compare failing to pay your debts to pay for players to mount a promotion push. Really it's the most ridiculous rewrite of events. Read build a bonfire then think on. You are as embarrassing as drums in football

Feb 14, 2010
And there you have the root problem, you say 3000 yet it was reported as 200 at the time.

And my heart bleeds. A bit if rain and then wam they have kept their ground and are back bidding for players. If they only had a clue what Brighton fans had to do. They are so one eyed it's beyond a joke

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Just Wow.

Don't tell us its going to be 4th season syndrome next season, oh wait....... 91% season ticket renewal rate this season so will it now be 5th season syndrome :lol:

As for your 52000 gate, wasn't it 4 years later it was 6000 or something? The definition of plastic support IMO

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Good grief have you lads got nothing better to do??

Me take on this season is, both clubs are doing well and they are both well supported.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
My friend, it's your lot with banners about modern football and your lot who double your gate when premier league and your lot that bang drums and dance to goal music. As for the goldstone, gillingham then with dean, well don't compare failing to pay your debts to pay for players to mount a promotion push. Really it's the most ridiculous rewrite of events. Read build a bonfire then think on. You are as embarrassing as drums in football

Failing to pay my debts?

I paid for my season ticket? :whistle:

I have no debts at all.

It has however you have provided me an afternoon of enjoyment while I watch our fellow Premier League teams on the TV.

I can imagine you, frothing at the mouth as you find more ways to repeat yourself without seeing the simple fact that however good you become, you will never be better than us again. Bragging rights for about 50 days after 30+ years without them.

puncheon_1894641a.jpg

Ouch.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Don't tell us its going to be 4th season syndrome next season, oh wait....... 91% season ticket renewal rate this season so will it now be 5th season syndrome :lol:

As for your 52000 gate, wasn't it 4 years later it was 6000 or something? The definition of plastic support IMO

You know as well as I do that "next season syndrome" is purely banter. You were all lauding it over us until recently saying we'd get relegated and we said your crowds would drop etc etc.

Both are looking to be the exact opposite, stupid fans the lot of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports