Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
He might be one of the sell out with dean crowds after we returned from gillingham when in the lowest league. How do you wave a banner about modern football when you hv used administration twice to not pay your way,enjoy goal music, fly an eagle around before games and You fans choose to bang drums whilst not turning up into you reach the premier league? Truly absurd!

I'll bite...How was Stamford bridge yesterday WCP? Or were you at Arsenal v Wigan instead? We all know you weren't at the Brighton game. If we really want to talk about the problem with the modern game WCP, its fake accounts like you who are honest about just one detail and that is you sit in a pub watching anyone but 'your team' play. Congratulations WCP, whilst the rest of Brighton fans are just premier league ready fans, you are the embodiment of the modern day plastic premiership fan. Congratulations.

Feb 14, 2010
I'll bite...How was Stamford bridge yesterday WCP? Or were you at Arsenal v Wigan instead? We all know you weren't at the Brighton game. If we really want to talk about the problem with the modern game WCP, its fake accounts like you who are honest about just one detail and that is you sit in a pub watching anyone but 'your team' play. Congratulations WCP, whilst the rest of Brighton fans are just premier league ready fans, you are the embodiment of the modern day plastic premiership fan. Congratulations.

You see mate, this is why palace shouldn't wave banners about modern football. Why do you think we want to be "premier league fans in waiting". I witnessed the serial decline from the mid 80s all the way through to Archer and then the slow rebuilding starting with getting back to Brighton from Gillingham. Maybe that is why Brighton fans laugh at fans who think that "premier league fans in waiting" is a compliment. Take all your drums, all your at Pauli, all your flying eagles and your goal music and stick them somewhere. premier league fans in waiting? Get stuffed, no thanks, give me Rochdale, wolves, brighton and the like anyday

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think my next door neighbour is a Palace fan, he got a promotion at work,and his house, which he has allowed to become derelict over the years, has suddenly sprouted cladding, his kids( of which there seem ti be a lot more this year) are all wearing black now, and banging a drum, and every time he has sex with his missus, he plays loud music, and shouts his christain name, to which his kids shout his surname. Quite bizarre

Feb 14, 2010
I think my next door neighbour is a Palace fan, he got a promotion at work,and his house, which he has allowed to become derelict over the years, has suddenly sprouted cladding, his kids( of which there seem ti be a lot more this year) are all wearing black now, and banging a drum, and every time he has sex with his missus, he plays loud music, and shouts his christain name, to which his kids shout his surname. Quite bizarre

Quality!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Don't forget defaulting on his mortgage twice and continuing to boast about well he's doing!

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
You see mate, this is why palace shouldn't wave banners about modern football. Why do you think we want to be "premier league fans in waiting". I witnessed the serial decline from the mid 80s all the way through to Archer and then the slow rebuilding starting with getting back to Brighton from Gillingham. Maybe that is why Brighton fans laugh at fans who think that "premier league fans in waiting" is a compliment. Take all your drums, all your at Pauli, all your flying eagles and your goal music and stick them somewhere. premier league fans in waiting? Get stuffed, no thanks, give me Rochdale, wolves, brighton and the like anyday

I suspect the other 99.9% of more sane Brighton fans might disagree WCP. Don't get me wrong, I loved the championship and like you I've also seen a lot of lower league and conf football too. It is fun and if we go down again then I'd be delighted at being able to take in the delights of Donny again. It'd be nice to go to Yeovil as well. That said I'm glad my team is competing in the premiership even with all of the trappings that involves. We might finally be able to improve Selhurst park without having a rich benefactor buy us a ground as well that way.

As for my comment regarding 'premier league ready' fans. I believe its your own fans that have been referring to you as plr for the past two years. You might want to throw that particular criticism at them not me :)

Feb 14, 2010
I suspect the other 99.9% of more sane Brighton fans might disagree WCP. Don't get me wrong, I loved the championship and like you I've also seen a lot of lower league and conf football too. It is fun and if we go down again then I'd be delighted at being able to take in the delights of Donny again. It'd be nice to go to Yeovil as well. That said I'm glad my team is competing in the premiership even with all of the trappings that involves. We might finally be able to improve Selhurst park without having a rich benefactor buy us a ground as well that way.

As for my comment regarding 'premier league ready' fans. I believe its your own fans that have been referring to you as plr for the past two years. You might want to throw that particular criticism at them not me :)

You miss the point. Brighton can play premier league football but that is the players. Premier league fans? Well that is an insult for a proud club whose fans fought to have a club . Palace just don't get it and that's why you shouldn't wave banners around about stuff you know nothing about.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
You miss the point. Brighton can play premier league football but that is the players. Premier league fans? Well that is an insult for a proud club whose fans fought to have a club . Palace just don't get it and that's why you shouldn't wave banners around about stuff you know nothing about.

You're right of course WCP, our fans haven't had to endure two administrations including one that was minutes from seeing palace go out of business through no fault of our fans. We haven't had to see our club sold to a naive business man who bought only the name of the club and forgot to buy the ground as well. We haven't had another owner who lied to the fans about rebuying the ground. We haven't had to see historic rivals buy their way to success. We haven't had to contend with home grown products of our academy getting snapped up for a pittance by premiership clubs who get the full backing of the fa when it comes to poaching talent.

Yes WCP, palace fans just don't get it at all.

Feb 14, 2010
You're right of course WCP, our fans haven't had to endure two administrations including one that was minutes from seeing palace go out of business through no fault of our fans. We haven't had to see our club sold to a naive business man who bought only the name of the club and forgot to buy the ground as well. We haven't had another owner who lied to the fans about rebuying the ground. We haven't had to see historic rivals buy their way to success. We haven't had to contend with home grown products of our academy getting snapped up for a pittance by premiership clubs who get the full backing of the fa when it comes to poaching talent.

Get out of it. Your two administrations helped you pay for a team you couldn't afford. Did you lose your ground? did you spend decades in the lowest leagues ? Did you play 140 round trip from home? You lot sat there failed to pay debts, kept your ground, bought more players, kept Zaha and got promoted. If you want to wave banners then before you do just read Build a Bonfire and More than 90 minutes. You don't have a flipping clue.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Did your 'historic rivals'buy their way to success with someone elses money, and did they only repay 2p in the pound when it all went tits up? And then did their fans boast about how well they are doing when the debts were written off and the fact they havent been in the two lowest leagues for over thirty years? If they did, thats real hypocrisy for you

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Get out of it. Your two administrations helped you pay for a team you couldn't afford. Did you lose your ground? did you spend decades in the lowest leagues ? Did you play 140 round trip from home? You lot sat there failed to pay debts, kept your ground, bought more players, kept Zaha and got promoted. If you want to wave banners then before you do just read Build a Bonfire and More than 90 minutes. You don't have a flipping clue.

You do make me laugh Pridey, I'm still not sure if you are one big WUM, or you actually believe the utter bollocks you write. That's by the by, fact is your club lost £14.7m last season didn't they? Palace got put into administration last time for £4.5m. Sobering thought eh Pridey. Now try and engage your grey matter before posting there's a good lad

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
We've not spent decades in the lower leagues. We did keep zaha and we did get promoted. The fans didn't want admin. Admin didn't help the fans either time. But if we're going to blame fans for the actions of owners then I guess we can blame your fans for all that befell Brighton then? Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

To be honest WCP, you just come across as bitter and somewhat up your own arse regarding anything. If we want to do an immediate head to head though, despite your oh so much higher attendances last season you lost £10m. You also paid the wages of champions league players like Wayne Bridge. To me it seems a little silly for you to mouth off too loudly. Especially if Bloom was to ever decide to recall the money BHA owes him

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Did your 'historic rivals'buy their way to success with someone elses money, and did they only repay 2p in the pound when it all went tits up? And then did their fans boast about how well they are doing when the debts were written off and the fact they havent been in the two lowest leagues for over thirty years? If they did, thats real hypocrisy for you

Nearly as hypocritical as owing one bloke 150 odd million quid and not batting an eyelid, yet still berate other clubs for owing money. Couldn't make you lot up, I put it down to the sea air and too much candy floss

Feb 14, 2010
Nearly as hypocritical as owing one bloke 150 odd million quid and not batting an eyelid, yet still berate other clubs for owing money. Couldn't make you lot up, I put it down to the sea air and too much candy floss

Mate, a fan as that is what Bloom is as was his entire family has paid for a new ground because someone sold ours. Your debt was on players that for a club with your fan base you couldn't afford. Bha are pushing for FTP. Reason being that with out fan base that puts us at an advantage over debt dodgers like yourselves. But this is about palace waving banners about modern football! Of all the clubs, goal music, drums, administration savvy and never been close to fighting for your club like brighton have then really it's ridiculous. Just read bold a bonfire and learn something.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As you say, we owe ONE man the money, not the tax man, St Johns Ambulance Brigade, Old uncle Tom Cobbley and all, you just cant come to terms with the fact, that one man is a life long fan, who's family has a long history with our club, and has taken shares in the club for the long term, and we have never shafted anyone.

And btw, I hate candy floss

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As a side issue, on the championship highlights, it had your attendance at 15,000 ?
Was this a mistake, or was it the amount actually in attendance ?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Mate, a fan as that is what Bloom is as was his entire family has paid for a new ground because someone sold ours. Your debt was on players that for a club with your fan base you couldn't afford. Bha are pushing for FTP. Reason being that with out fan base that puts us at an advantage over debt dodgers like yourselves. But this is about palace waving banners about modern football! Of all the clubs, goal music, drums, administration savvy and never been close to fighting for your club like brighton have then really it's ridiculous. Just read bold a bonfire and learn something.

Oh do have a day off you are Brighton mate, not Real Madrid! Historically a third tier seaside club that nobody outside Sussex (and even they didn't until they got a spanking new ground) really cared about. As I have said before I sort of admire the way you big up your club but really???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here