palace fans who said we wouldn't make the play offs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a fans forum Trig !!
Differences of opinion and wind ups do occur occasionally .
Unless you ban all non Brighton fans, it will carry on.
I know, I like it as it is, I'm not sure what your point is? Palace fans were here giving it large (about how Palace were so much better, 'mind the gap', and how they'd probably go up automatically, whilst we wouldn't make the playoffs. Now we're laughing. What's the problem?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I know, I like it as it is, I'm not sure what your point is? Palace fans were here giving it large (about how Palace were so much better, 'mind the gap', and how they'd probably go up automatically, whilst we wouldn't make the playoffs. Now we're laughing. What's the problem?

No problem at all, that's what a rivalry's all about.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So a team with a 15mil winger, a striker whos has scored 29 goals and 9 internationals along with others has the quality of a lower half team??? See what I mean... deluded!

£15m for only 6 goals and 8 assists ???

Sorry is that the same tool whos has scored 29 goals this season???

A Palace fan posts occasionally under the name of [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION], unless we win :lolol:

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I love the old 'plastics' crap you morons trot out at every opportunity. Now we're on an even playing field with you lot (apart from screwing our creditors twice to remain in the second tier) you don't know how to handle our recovery. From a ground that initially held 6000 to 24,000 season ticket holders is something your club can only dream about. Yes, there are new fans at The Amex but why are they new fans? Priestfied for 2 years, Withdean for 12, what would your fan base have done? We can see it already-Groupon deals, buy 1 get 2 free to replace a disappearing set of 'supporters'. We have loads of returning supporters plus their kids and grand kids-I'm happy we have decent numbers returning to the club. Even happier that we are attracting new fans-you know, the people who will be looking after our club well into the future. Call them plastics if it helps you block out your vanishing fan base and imminent closure of 2 stands predicament.

The majority of Albion fans are not too big for our boots-we are delighted to be able to compete with you lot again.It's the arrogance of too many Palace trolls on here, lauding it over us about not being outside the top 2 divisions for 25 years whilst ignoring the fact that your club managed to do that by being dishonourable to its creditors and the taxman.

I think I prefer plastics.

Top post :thumbsup:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Hope not. Poorest side in the top eight. Woeful support and dreadful ground. Prem will be praying this bunch of muppets balls up their last two games and fall out of play offs.

Once again, as predicted by myself all season (check it out), we will finish above them in the league. We are superior in every way.

Never forget we're you come from , been very lucky a rich fella fell in love with Brighton decided to part with all his money and still bank rolls a 8 million loss this season if it was not for him you would be in a far worst state than palace ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Never forget we're you come from , been very lucky a rich fella fell in love with Brighton decided to part with all his money and still bank rolls a 8 million loss this season if it was not for him you would be in a far worst state than palace ?

You are such a ****... end of.

Always liked your posts fella, don't wind me up at all... keep up the good work, hate your club but you put a decent view across.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed, I wouldn't be without Palace.

Cracking piece of business from Palace - except they would have expected him to do better this year, he's not been the same since #ZahasFault England debut.

We are indeed very lucky now. TB is not a rich fella that fell in love with Brighton, he's a Brighton fan that got rich. Without him we'd still be at the Withdean, trying to get the funds to build the Amex. But without your rich owners you'd have been liquidated, so you're lucky too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I find it ironic Palace fans can come on here preaching crap like this. I don't think there is a Brighton fan who doesn't realise how lucky we are to have Tony Bloom. However, we hardly had much luck before that, did we? Our ground being sold, two years at Gillingham, 12 years at Withdean, constant problems getting planning permission for the Amex etc. I think we were due a bit of "luck" as you put it.

All the time, you were going into administration twice so you could continue to stay in the top 2 divisions.

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013

A Palace fan posts occasionally under the name of [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION], unless we win :lolol:

We still got 15mil for him though didn't we and I've already realised my mistake for the Glenn-Murray comment.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
F**k me, you still here? maybe we'll get that beer after all, athough i'm hoping we (the teams) don't meet, what will be will be

My work here is not done !
Yep, if our teams do meet in the semi's, you know where I'll be, I shall get you that pint and half of coke .

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
We still got 15mil for him though didn't we and I've already realised my mistake for the Glenn-Murray comment.

I am pretty sure that it was Parish (but may have been one of the other buffoons), who said that next years accounts would show £13 million income from transfers. 10 million from Zaha. He was explaining how all sales went in to one set of accounts, yet purchases had to be spread over the course of a contract.

So you can take your £15m and I will see you a more realistic £10 million. Still a cracking bit of business, for a player who in all honesty has very little end product.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Been some rumours that Cardiff will come in for Williams this summer.

Will laugh my cock off

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

The Bloom family has been involved with Brighton for decades, so he was already in love with Brighton. The £8million loss is big, but was expected. You have the stadium expansion, transition from stadium to stadium. Hiring new staff, new training ground and academy, travel subsidies, player wages and transfers.

£8million isn't that big when we look at the impact all of these in the near future, they will pay dividends. The new sponsorship deal is worth a few million, some of the highest season tickets bought in the country etc etc.

So in reality, we haven't been "very lucky". Palace on the other hand, you were lucky cpfc2010 stepped in during administration. Please don't see this as a dig, seeing any club in trouble is worrying. However, I really don't think we'd be worse off than palace. We have had some sensible owners since belloti et al. We haven't really spent more than what we bought in to the point our deficit was uncontrollable, Bloom set us up so we can be more competitive, in the short term, and at first glance we maybe seen as running a debt that's quite high. But in truth, the majority of our debt is owed to our chairman who doesn't want interest or payment back anytime soon, unlike what that BBS poster whose signature insinuates we owe £140m to a random bunch of people...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We still got 15mil for him though didn't we
I think it was 10 up front, the rest isn't certain. But still very good business for you.

It's actually possible I will be supporting Palace on Saturday. If you get a point on Tuesday, and results on Saturday are putting you in 6th place, I could well be cheering you on to finish 5th. I quite fancy facing you in the playoffs (and I fully appreciate I could back and wish we hadn't).

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
A Brighton fan that already thinks they are in the Premiership - shock horror! As we all know anything can happen in the playoffs, the semi final is a 2 leg affair and this season over 2 legs the score between us is 3-3. On paper you are certainly looking the team in form but I wouldn't count your chickens too early.
Yes,you were flummoxed at the Amex...you had to play 11 men and not 10....and you did'nt get any penalties....oh dear!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After all the arrogance from palace on this board about getting automatic promotion, being the best team in the league, and how we'd miss out on the playoffs etc. , surely we'd all be laughing from now until well into August if they finished 7th or 8th and missed out :lolol:

Would Holloway be sacked via Twitter if this happened? ???

I'd seriously love a Millwall win on Tuesday. Would set up a fantastic Saturday, with 4 teams going for the 2 remaining playoff places.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So a team with a 15mil winger, a striker whos has scored 29 goals and 9 internationals along with others has the quality of a lower half team??? See what I mean... deluded!

Who's this £15 mil winger? Have u signed him on a free today or something?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who's this £15 mil winger? Have u signed him on a free today or something?

I think he is talking about Winifred :lol: £5M of the £15M is still hypothetical especially if Manure decide to send him out on loan instead of him playing in the reserves.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing

Proberly taken out of contence I do feel Brighton deserved their luck

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports