Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace fans who said we wouldn't make the play offs

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

We will be there to, its not over yet. Don't count your chickens, as when you do it can come back to bite you. When I wrote that we were the better team, unfortunately we got Holloway. I am just hoping he comes good for the playoffs, but who knows

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We will be there to, its not over yet. Don't count your chickens
Yes you should be there too, and I'm not counting chickens. Whoever we play in the semis, we could lose. But regardless of that, it's worth having a laugh at the posts by misguided, arrogant Palace fans.

When I wrote that we were the better team, unfortunately we got Holloway.
No, you wrote that on the 11th March. You were ahead of us on past results, but we were already better than you by then, and catching up. In fact, I don't think you've won a single game since you posted that. Maybe it's your fault :D

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
We will be there to, its not over yet. Don't count your chickens, as when you do it can come back to bite you. When I wrote that we were the better team, unfortunately we got Holloway. I am just hoping he comes good for the playoffs, but who knows

Both the teams you have left to play are in the battle, this is a funny old league where predictions rarely come true. A serious question, is it really Holloway or a mixture of things?, ZAHA (man u) etc....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should we happen to play Palace again this season.

The Palace fans who haven't shown up here since St Patrick's Day IMO should be banned.

I don't care if it looks like sour grapes or us being unable to 'take a joke', they don't deserve us taking the moral high ground.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair, a number of our own "fans" were convinced we wouldn't either

Exactly, the only difference being the tone of 'voice': Palace fans: "You won't make the play-offs! Ha! Ha!" Brighton fans: "Grrr! We won't make the play-offs! How much longer has Poyet got?"

I accept that everyone's entitled to their opinion, but quite often you know they're woefully wrong and consequently it IS quite amusing to see all these bounced threads with people's inaccurate rubbish coming back to haunt them like a three-flush floater. It's a forty six game season over nine months and it won't be all sweetness and light, so many people forget that.

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
Hope not. Poorest side in the top eight. Woeful support and dreadful ground. Prem will be praying this bunch of muppets balls up their last two games and fall out of play offs.

Once again, as predicted by myself all season (check it out), we will finish above them in the league. We are superior in every way.

...and this is the reason why I can't stand Brighton anymore! I used to be neutral towards you but now that you've had a bit of success and all of a sudden you have the most deluded fans of anyone! You do realise don't you that we have been above you in the table for the majority of the season and made you look like a pub team when you played us at our place?! We are crap at the moment, I'm not going to deny that but we are were we are in the table because of how we have performed the rest of the season. Everyone in the table has had a dip in form at some stage this season, even the (not so) almighty Brighton.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and this is the reason why I can't stand Brighton anymore! I used to be neutral towards you but now that you've had a bit of success and all of a sudden you have the most deluded fans of anyone! You do realise don't you that we have been above you in the table for the majority of the season and made you look like a pub team when you played us at our place?! We are crap at the moment, I'm not going to deny that but we are were we are in the table because of how we have performed the rest of the season. Everyone in the table has had a dip in form at some stage this season, even the (not so) almighty Brighton.

There's only one person who is deluded around here.

Palace have the quality of a lower half team and, by rights, you should be sweating it out with Wolves et al down the bottom.

You had one good run which gave you a lot of confidence and you managed to keep it going longer than most. Credit where it's due - you were all but unplayable in that run, particularly at Selhurst.

The table doesn't lie after 46 games - let's see what it says about our respective teams at that time...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Unfortunately for you that dip has come when it actually really matters

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Both the teams you have left to play are in the battle, this is a funny old league where predictions rarely come true. A serious question, is it really Holloway or a mixture of things?, ZAHA (man u) etc....

I would say 70% Holloway if I had to put a figure on it. I know managers like to put their mark on a team but if it aint broke then why fix it? he does some weird things with substitutions, writes about internal club matters in his mirror column, goes attack attack attack but forgets about defence, the attacks are not working like they were. When Holloway was at Blackpool I loved him when I used to see his comments after the game as he was funny and controversial. When I heard he was taking us over I knew he was not right for us(see earlier posts if you can be arsed).

Zaha, seems to not be firing on all cylinders like he was but I think that is a mix of a dip in form and the team not playing how they were.

Murray, he cannot be blamed as he is not getting anything like the delivery he was.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Palace have the quality of a lower half team and, by rights, you should be sweating it out with Wolves et al down the bottom.

You had one good run which gave you a lot of confidence and you managed to keep it going longer than most. Credit where it's due - you were all but unplayable in that run, particularly at Selhurst.

The table doesn't lie after 46 games - let's see what it says about our respective teams at that time...

If the table does not lie then surely we cannot have the quality of a lower half team? you are contradicting your own example.

If Brighton do not go up I would love to know how you will fare next season? I doubt Bridge will stay, he can get far more elsewhere. Upson? he could be off. Someone may come in for Bridcutt but I know he has a long contract left, has Ulloa alerted any premier league teams? and not to mention Gus?
Where as we are pretty much only going to lose Zaha, which I will admit is a big loss but we will just have to adapt. Then again I do not think adapt is in Holloway's vocabulary, then again I doubt vocabulary is in his erm vocabulay either

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Ha! The irony! It's been the constant deluded arrogance and bellendery of that tool Glenn-Murray banging on, on here which has had the same effect on those that were more 'neutral' towards palace.

And there was only one pub team on St Patrick's Day.

Agree that you are below us, as you say, because you haven't performed as well over the season.

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013

So a team with a 15mil winger, a striker whos has scored 29 goals and 9 internationals along with others has the quality of a lower half team??? See what I mean... deluded!

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
Ha! The irony! It's been the constant deluded arrogance and bellendery of that tool Glenn-Murray banging on, on here which has had the same effect on those that were more 'neutral' towards palace.

And there was only one pub team on St Patrick's Day.

Agree that you are below us, as you say, because you haven't performed as well over the season.

Sorry is that the same tool whos has scored 29 goals this season???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry is that the same tool whos has scored 29 goals this season???

No. The deluded palace poster who inundated our forum with rubbish until the St. Patrick's day massacre. He hasn't shown his face since. You're not him are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here