Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace fans who said we wouldn't make the play offs

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Both on here and the BBS - seems Palace don't want to talk footie or league tables anymore - just our debt :lolol:

As long as it isn't attendances I don't give a fu ck .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We don't have any debt really though... a controlled loss that has been paid for isn't debt... or do they mean the interest free loan?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We don't have any debt really though... a controlled loss that has been paid for isn't debt... or do they mean the interest free loan?

So is tone covering the £8 m losses this season and next as well ? God he is generous !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So is tone covering the £8 m losses this season and next as well ? God he is generous !

Yep, expect so.

May take some of his money back if we get to prem tho but its not anything important or to worry about... (source=Tony Bloom)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It will be very funny when, as seems almost certain, Haha does turn out to be a turkey of a signing (i.e. nowhere near good enough for Premier League title-chasing)...

A consensus of the Man Utd scouts who have actually seen young Winnie play told Ferguson not to buy him but Sralex backed the judgment of his boy Darren.

Apparently the last time Fergie went out on a limb like this it was also on some overhyped kid who turned out to be average

The one thing I did wonder throughout January was how little interest (number of clubs rather than size) there was in him, considering the media wankfest in the months leading up to the window, the England cap, the rumours of club after club queueing up, and Palace crowing from the rooftops about how good he was. It just seemed strange to me (if he really is as good as Palace think he is), that Man U were the only bidders. Why would clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham (with proven track records of developing prospects) or City/Chelsea (with a vested interest in beating Utd to the best talent) let SAF walk in and pick him up for (whilst a very large sum to any of us in this league) a relatively measly £10m by top club standards?

I don't think he's a bad player, on his day he has torn apart enough teams to prove he's a very good player - but I do think Palace overrate him and got a little wrapped up in their own hyperbole. See St Patricks Day for example - turns out if you don't leave him 1-on-1 with an isolated fullback, and don't dive into tackles allowing him to skip past/dive over, he just does six stepovers and tricks and flicks without releasing it to half a dozen Palace players waiting for the ball, then loses it or falls over. He was quite frankly all fart and no poo - and in the Prem he'll learn very quickly that it's all very well having a box of tricks but sometimes the best trick is the most obvious one...a five yard pass to an unmarked teammate.

But back to the point of the thread - yes, I've really enjoyed their demise, not just because of rivalry-fuelled schaudenfreude, but because the sheer persistence and repetition of their gloating was setting them up for a very big fall. And now it's come (for now, mind - the season's not over yet) I will continue to enjoy it. I just hope we still have the last laugh come May 28th.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As long as it isn't attendances I don't give a fu ck .
I can understand that.
Well he owns the club, so if the club is losing money it's a) because of how he's chosen to spend money, and b) it's his money, so of course he's covering it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here