Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace fans who said we wouldn't make the play offs

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
And the goals are going to count for absolutely sweet fa by season's end. Love it.

A Brighton fan that already thinks they are in the Premiership - shock horror! As we all know anything can happen in the playoffs, the semi final is a 2 leg affair and this season over 2 legs the score between us is 3-3. On paper you are certainly looking the team in form but I wouldn't count your chickens too early.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A Brighton fan that already thinks they are in the Premiership - shock horror! As we all know anything can happen in the playoffs, the semi final is a 2 leg affair and this season over 2 legs the score between us is 3-3. On paper you are certainly looking the team in form but I wouldn't count your chickens too early.

Sorry? Where exactly in my post did I say that then?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bellendery is such a classic non grammatical word, I need to use it.

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013
Sorry? Where exactly in my post did I say that then?

Basically what you are implying by saying that Glen Murrays goals will count for nothing at the end of the season - anything could happen so don't get too excited!

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
...and this is the reason why I can't stand Brighton anymore! I used to be neutral towards you but now that you've had a bit of success and all of a sudden you have the most deluded fans of anyone! You do realise don't you that we have been above you in the table for the majority of the season and made you look like a pub team when you played us at our place?! We are crap at the moment, I'm not going to deny that but we are were we are in the table because of how we have performed the rest of the season. Everyone in the table has had a dip in form at some stage this season, even the (not so) almighty Brighton.

So what you're really saying is.... You hate us more now because we have become successful?
How do you expect the fans of any team to react toward their rivals (who have been constantly belittling us for 15+ years) Of course we are going to enjoy it and do some mocking of our own!
You my friend are the deluded one....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
...and this is the reason why I can't stand Brighton anymore! I used to be neutral towards you but now that you've had a bit of success and all of a sudden you have the most deluded fans of anyone!

If you honestly think that this trait is exclusive to Brighton football fans then you are a complete idiot. I suppose fans of (insert the name of any football club on the planet) are somehow exempt from any form of lauding it, bigging themselves up, having delusions of grandeur at times, being short-sighted, complete bellends etc. It's human nature, it's not a gene exclusive to any one set of fans who support one football club no matter how much you might look at it through your red and blue glasses. Feel free to list the football clubs you know who have an entire fanbase exempt from any of the above traits:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So what you're really saying is.... You hate us more now because we have become successful?
How do you expect the fans of any team to react toward their rivals (who have been constantly belittling us for 15+ years) Of course we are going to enjoy it and do some mocking of our own!

Enjoy what exactly? the fact that you are in the play offs and we are not? the fact you beat us 3-0? the fact we are on a barren spell? we are pretty much in the same place.

Either way I think it is fate, if we do meet it will be the match to end all matches. If you win then the history can be forgotten and you will definitely have bragging rights until we may one day get the chance to do exactly the same to you OR we win and then we can basically say nearly there but not quite, good effort though.

What will really hurt the other is if one side goes onto get promoted, then it will be almost the end of the rivalry as that will definitely be one side with the ultimate upper hand, unless of course we are battling for the Premiership title or the FA cup one day but I doubt that will happen in my lifetime and im only 34.

A Palace fan that already thinks they are in the Play-Offs - shock w*nker !

OnParr

Feb 8, 2013

Nope never said that at all sir! I visited The Goldstone on nurmerous occassions growing up, I even wore on of my Palace shirts there once when fans from other football teams were encouraged to join together to help out a club in need. I am also distantly related to Dean White who true Brighton fans will know (not so sure about some of the new 'plastic' fans mind) so as I said I was very neutral, I maybe even had a little soft spot for Brighton. I actually enjoy the fact that you are once again in the same division as us and the battles between us have been awesome to watch (not so good for the old heart though) and fair play to you for a great season but [some of] your fans go on like you are Barcelona and that you have a devine right to be in the Premiership all of a sudden. Apparently according to some we have a lower half squad, even though the table doesn't lie and we are just 1 place behind you. I don't hate the fact that you are successful, I hate the fact that all of a sudden all these deluded idiots have come out of the woodwork sprouting crap about you being the best team in the world. By all means enjoy your success, you've earn't it but don't be ridiculous and don't get too big for your boots!
I love the fact that Palace are having a great season and if at the end we don't go up then it will still be a great season for us considering we were favourites to go down at the start of the season and I will still be proud to be a Palace fan guess thats because I am not deluded and I take each win and each loss as they come!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As has been said, lots of yours were saying you wouldnt reach the playoffs at various stages of the season.
I still reckon we'll be 6th, and will play Hull.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As has been said, lots of yours were saying you wouldnt reach the playoffs at various stages of the season.
I still reckon we'll be 6th, and will play Hull.

I hope so.

Personally don't want all the hassle that will go with the two games between us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You do realise don't you that we have been above you in the table for the majority of the season and made you look like a pub team when you played us at our place?!
We were down to 10 men from about the 4th minute, and we would have gone in level at half time had the officials not incorrectly given you a corner, and the penalty for your second goal was a standard Murray dive. Palace were never as good as a few of your deluded fans thought.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I hope so.

Personally don't want all the hassle that will go with the two games between us.

Could be worse on Tuesday !
Millwall are in serious trouble, Jackett is getting dog's abuse, and their points cushion and games in hand are nearly gone.
Lose or draw to us and they are in for a nervous last day, it could be an interesting journey home on Tuesday night !!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nope never said that at all sir! I visited The Goldstone on nurmerous occassions growing up, I even wore on of my Palace shirts there once when fans from other football teams were encouraged to join together to help out a club in need. I am also distantly related to Dean White who true Brighton fans will know (not so sure about some of the new 'plastic' fans mind) so as I said I was very neutral, I maybe even had a little soft spot for Brighton. I actually enjoy the fact that you are once again in the same division as us and the battles between us have been awesome to watch (not so good for the old heart though) and fair play to you for a great season but [some of] your fans go on like you are Barcelona and that you have a devine right to be in the Premiership all of a sudden. Apparently according to some we have a lower half squad, even though the table doesn't lie and we are just 1 place behind you. I don't hate the fact that you are successful, I hate the fact that all of a sudden all these deluded idiots have come out of the woodwork sprouting crap about you being the best team in the world. By all means enjoy your success, you've earn't it but don't be ridiculous and don't get too big for your boots!
I love the fact that Palace are having a great season and if at the end we don't go up then it will still be a great season for us considering we were favourites to go down at the start of the season and I will still be proud to be a Palace fan guess thats because I am not deluded and I take each win and each loss as they come!

Yet another palace fan coming on here ( our board ) and basically trying to censor what we talk about, and how we are allowed to view things.

Of course there is a spectrum of opinions on here. If you don't like them, then you really, really don't have to be here :lolol:

The absolute arrogance you are displaying by telling us what we should all think is astounding.

Who are you to say 'how big our boots' should be? ??? :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Brighton do not go up I would love to know how you will fare next season? I doubt Bridge will stay, he can get far more elsewhere. Upson? he could be off. Someone may come in for Bridcutt but I know he has a long contract left, has Ulloa alerted any premier league teams? and not to mention Gus?
I'm also a bit concerned about next season. I don't expect it to be a disaster because I'm sure we'll try and replace those that leave, but if Gus leaves it will be a pain.
Where as we are pretty much only going to lose Zaha, which I will admit is a big loss but we will just have to adapt.
Your problem is that even with Zaha, your current form is the worst in the league, and your manager left and got replaced with a clown.

So a team with a 15mil winger, a striker whos has scored 29 goals and 9 internationals along with others has the quality of a lower half team??? See what I mean... deluded!
Yet you called a team that's above you a pub team. So are you deluded? If your comment was banter, perhaps that applies to other comments too?

Enjoy what exactly? the fact that you are in the play offs and we are not? the fact you beat us 3-0? the fact we are on a barren spell? we are pretty much in the same place.
After months of Palace posters coming here and saying 'mind the gap, we're enjoying the fact we've overturned the gap. It's still all to play for. Either one of us could get promoted, or (as is more likely) we could both be here to fight it out again next year.

But as has been said, there's a big difference between Brighton fans saying they don't think it's going well and they're not confident of reaching the playoffs, and Palace fans coming here giving it the big'n and saying "We will be in the play-offs and you wont, and that is a fact." :laugh:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I love the old 'plastics' crap you morons trot out at every opportunity. Now we're on an even playing field with you lot (apart from screwing our creditors twice to remain in the second tier) you don't know how to handle our recovery. From a ground that initially held 6000 to 24,000 season ticket holders is something your club can only dream about. Yes, there are new fans at The Amex but why are they new fans? Priestfied for 2 years, Withdean for 12, what would your fan base have done? We can see it already-Groupon deals, buy 1 get 2 free to replace a disappearing set of 'supporters'. We have loads of returning supporters plus their kids and grand kids-I'm happy we have decent numbers returning to the club. Even happier that we are attracting new fans-you know, the people who will be looking after our club well into the future. Call them plastics if it helps you block out your vanishing fan base and imminent closure of 2 stands predicament.

The majority of Albion fans are not too big for our boots-we are delighted to be able to compete with you lot again.It's the arrogance of too many Palace trolls on here, lauding it over us about not being outside the top 2 divisions for 25 years whilst ignoring the fact that your club managed to do that by being dishonourable to its creditors and the taxman.

I think I prefer plastics.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm also a bit concerned about next season. I don't expect it to be a disaster because I'm sure we'll try and replace those that leave, but if Gus leaves it will be a pain.
Your problem is that even with Zaha, your current form is the worst in the league, and your manager left and got replaced with a clown.

Yet you called a team that's above you a pub team. So are you deluded? If your comment was banter, perhaps that applies to other comments too?

After months of Palace posters coming here and saying 'mind the gap, we're enjoying the fact we've overturned the gap. It's still all to play for. Either one of us could get promoted, or (as is more likely) we could both be here to fight it out again next year.

But as has been said, there's a big difference between Brighton fans saying they don't think it's going well and they're not confident of reaching the playoffs, and Palace fans coming here giving it the big'n and saying "We will be in the play-offs and you wont, and that is a fact." :laugh:

It's a fans forum Trig !!
Differences of opinion and wind ups do occur occasionally .
Unless you ban all non Brighton fans, it will carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here