Should we bring in the death sentence for Paedophiles

• Yes

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Capital Punishment should be brough back. The knock on effect it can have on society is masive. Stuart, a life backwards had a giant effect on me.

9780007200375-l.jpg

Brilliant, brilliant book. Very depressing though.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Wouldn’t like to see capital punishment as such but would like them to face the guillotine, not the head but get them laid down and cut threw their Waist so they down have a lower body. They’ll have to carry a plastic bag in their wheelchair to catch the waste and then sent to prison for the rest of their natural life.

Think that’s a suitable punishment.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I voted No because Capital Punishment just does not work as a deterant. If you are a Paedophile and willing to act on your f***ed up thoughts then you will no matter what the punishments are. Look at the US. Many crimes have the option of CP there and yet it doesnt stop people. Also in this day and age it often costs more in legal fee's due to appeals to execute a person than imprison them for life. Again look at the states where most people spend 20 years on death row before 'riding the lightning'.
This.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You cannot seriously think some one would ACTUALLY choose to learn to want children. At what point do you "learn" pedophillia? And why would some one want to?

A lot of child molesters were victims themselves. Whilst it doesn't excuse this behaviour it does help explain it. The death penalty would make no difference because if the paedophile had the presence of mind to consider the consequences of being caught for their crimes then they would also stop to to think about what they were doing. Sadly with so many it's an uncontrollable urge which death will prevent am individual committing further acts however it won't stop others.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
A lot of child molesters were victims themselves. Whilst it doesn't excuse this behaviour it does help explain it. The death penalty would make no difference because if the paedophile had the presence of mind to consider the consequences of being caught for their crimes then they would also stop to to think about what they were doing. Sadly with so many it's an uncontrollable urge which death will prevent am individual committing further acts however it won't stop others.

Sorry, i'm aware of this complex. I meant more you "learn" it by practice or by choice. Of course you can learn it like this, its the Social Learning theory (for those who don't know) and is used a lot in psychology.

The idea we kill some one for acting on uncontrollable urges is barbaric. All this "bring back capital punishment, no help from the state, i'm not being racist but... god bless the royals" kind of personality bugs me. Things were not all dandy back "in the day".

There is a reason why we don't use capital punishment now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

and that is what mate. exactly.

capital punishment in most human societies since the beginning of recorded time v a mere 50 years of unimaginable wealth in the west and corresponding more liberal views. experience tells you what. my boy tells me he doesnt need to eat vegetables fact but he is 12 has more food in the fridge than he knows what to do with is spoilt and thinks he knows best. not necessarily true.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
capital punishment in most human societies since the beginning of recorded time v a mere 50 years of unimaginable wealth in the west and corresponding more liberal views. experience tells you what. my boy tells me he doesnt need to eat vegetables fact but he is 12 has more food in the fridge than he knows what to do with is spoilt and thinks he knows best. not necessarily true.

But you can kill him because he wont eat his vegetables surely ?

Best option is for the paedophile to be bricked up in a room the size of a phone box with a small slot for passing bread and water through,eventually the room will become filled with shit and piss and the individual will rot in his/her own filth,cheap and cheerful and would hopefully take ages.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
and that is what mate. exactly.

You can't have laws of the land inplace that prohibit murder, only then to have those who are supposed to uphold those laws commit the same crime. That's hypocritical.

You point out that capital punishment has been with humans since the dawn of time as a reason it is acceptable. Yet paedophilia has been around even longer than capital punisment has and it's only a recent occurence in the scheme of the world that it's become incredibly taboo.

Do you see the contradictions there?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry, i'm aware of this complex. I meant more you "learn" it by practice or by choice. Of course you can learn it like this, its the Social Learning theory (for those who don't know) and is used a lot in psychology.

The idea we kill some one for acting on uncontrollable urges is barbaric. All this "bring back capital punishment, no help from the state, i'm not being racist but... god bless the royals" kind of personality bugs me. Things were not all dandy back "in the day".

The problem is that people find the act so abhorrent it's very difficult to empathise with the perpetrator but it is in effect an addiction to some but by no means all. Those who organise paedophile rings are clearly aware of what they are doing but simply don't care. There people are utterly callous and whilst I don't advocate executing them I do believe that they should be locked away from society permanently, these people are beyond redemption.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
2 things, as horrible as it is paedophilia is a mental illness. Would you murder someone with Alzheimers?

Also, didn't we abolish capital punishment because it wasn't effective in deterring criminals?

One argument for offenders might be chemical castration. Removes the entire libido.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
2 things, as horrible as it is paedophilia is a mental illness. Would you murder someone with Alzheimers?

Also, didn't we abolish capital punishment because it wasn't effective in deterring criminals?

One argument for offenders might be chemical castration. Removes the entire libido.

The best way to consider paedophiles is as people with a disease, an infectious disease. As such they need to be isolated from society.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Things change when you have your own children. Before my daughters I would have planted myself very much in the 'poor people, society has failed them, they need help' brigade. Now, with enforced subjectivity I find myself becoming more hardline. The problem with capital punishment is that no legal system is infallible enough to get it right each time and I just can't condone innocents being punished. However, can we ACTUALLY take these people away from the temptation permanently..... concentration camps on the Isle of Dogs? Enforced castration seems a good idea but it smacks so much of the Nazi and again.. if they are later proved innocent?

I really don't know but I fear that if anythign happened to my kids (heaven forbid) I think you would have to lock up all the knives. Possible innocence woulnd't even cross my mind.

Sometimes I wonder whetehr we just have toa ccept that we humans are not much better than animals and all this 'civilisation' is just window dressing. When push comes to shove we revert back to possibly the most dangerous, selfish, callous and vindictive species on this planet.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Capital punishment rarely works as a deterrant - and the cost of keeping someone on death row while appeal after appeal goes through the courts is dwarfs the cost of keeping someone in a top category prison.

A forward thinking society should not be looking to re-introduce such an archaic and brutal punishment.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Things change when you have your own children. Before my daughters I would have planted myself very much in the 'poor people, society has failed them, they need help' brigade. Now, with enforced subjectivity I find myself becoming more hardline. The problem with capital punishment is that no legal system is infallible enough to get it right each time and I just can't condone innocents being punished. However, can we ACTUALLY take these people away from the temptation permanently..... concentration camps on the Isle of Dogs? Enforced castration seems a good idea but it smacks so much of the Nazi and again.. if they are later proved innocent?

I really don't know but I fear that if anythign happened to my kids (heaven forbid) I think you would have to lock up all the knives. Possible innocence woulnd't even cross my mind.

Sometimes I wonder whetehr we just have toa ccept that we humans are not much better than animals and all this 'civilisation' is just window dressing. When push comes to shove we revert back to possibly the most dangerous, selfish, callous and vindictive species on this planet.

Just out of interest. What if one of those children you would do anything to protect from harm turned out to be a paedophile.

Would you pull the trigger, flick the switch to rid the world of them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here