• Yes

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The death penalty has been proved to be no deterrent for any crime.
This gets quoted time after time with nothing to back it up conclusively, how do you measure the people that have been deterred ? people point to the US and compare the crime rates of states with and without he death penalty, but the non death penalty states always have differing ( better) socio-economic conditions to the death penalty states,the death penalty is a deterrent, how much is anybodys guess.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If anyone touched any of my kids there would be no need for the death penalty, it would be taken care of by me. I would gladly do the time.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is what we need to research on. There's plenty of research in other areas going onto in terms of developing methods to assess a myriad of conditions which might be present before a baby is ever born.

What kind of condition might men have who kidnaps, rapes, tortures a young child then murders them for their sexual kicks.

You really do not need to understand or waste money on doctors to conclude that these men have a condition called depraved perversion that really needed be addressed the first time they offended.

You cannot foresee future behaviour of some of the worst kind of crime, actually it would be a precarious route to use some kind of psychological profiling to then institutionalise anyone on something they havent yet committed.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You cannot foresee future behaviour of some of the worst kind of crime, actually it would be a precarious route to use some kind of psychological profiling to then institutionalise anyone on something they havent yet committed.

Yes you can see sociopathic behaviour in young people/children and forsee future behaviour if untreated.

Causes of Sociopathic Behavior in Children

The causes of antisocial behavior in children may range from abnormal development of the nervous system to certain genetic factors. Here are a list of causes for the development of sociopathic tendencies in children.

Hereditary Basis: Sometimes children may inherit the sociopathic behavioral symptoms from the parents. Research has shown that children who have are adopted and have sociopathic biological parents can display the characteristics of this psychological illness.

Physiological Basis: Researchers believe that abnormalities in the development of the nervous system may result in learning disorders, hyperactivity and persistent bedwetting. In addition to this research, certain brain imaging studies have found that abnormal brain functioning may result in sociopathic behavior in children. While the serotonin (neurotransmitter) has been linked with impulsive and aggressive behavior, the prefrontal cortex and the temporal lobes in the brain help regulate mood and behavior. A dis-functional or abnormality in serotonin levels in these brain regions may result in antisocial behavior in children.

Because of such research society can at least have a chance to deal with such children before their issues manifest itself in something where by other people are in danger because of their condition.

Should we just shoot these people too because they have a condition called "I'll smash your f***ing face in if you look at me you ****"?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If anyone touched any of my kids there would be no need for the death penalty, it would be taken care of by me. I would gladly do the time.

i know what you are saying Perhaps everyone should think about this about every child not just there own I have always been against the death penalty But i think maybe the time has come Oh i just dont know is there a easy answer really ?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i bet most of the people who claim they disagree morally with it would not have cracked a note about it had they lived with it 60 years ago. if in 100 years things have gone full circle you can bet these same people would be falling in behind the received wisdom or prevailing sentiment for their social circle. not many people in this debate have offered much more than that, it appears. just yet more boring pc pavlovian statements about an issue that is a non issue in this country anyway. there are many many people effectively killed or buried by the criminal justice or mental health systems in this country. because their necks dont go snap and its not so scary a concept to the man in the street no one says a word. apart from baaa-ing We Are Better People for not having capital punishment. we may well be but this is a relatively new experiment in human history, dont count your chicks too soon smarty pants.

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
BigGully: There is a condition where adults have unrepressable sexual desires for children. Its called pedophillia. Theres also a condition where you have unrepressed desires for old people, for being shat on, for animals, for anything. It becomes a disorder/disease when the desires and urges become unrepressable.

You show me a pedophile who woke up one day and said "you know what? today i'm going to be a pedophile" and decided to watch children for evermore just on a choice?

Neither Tyrone Biggums or my self (since we have identical views afaict) would say that what a grown man does to babies, to young children, to adolecents is excuseable. Every crime has got its punishments but every crime also has its reasons, its history and its roots. Times when that person hit such a low that it messed them up, times during development in the womb where something went wrong. I'm willing to bet every psychological approach has an opinion on this. Bio to cognitive to psychodynamic, behavioural and social learning. We need to understand why these people do what they do inorder to try to identify, protect our children from having their innocence taken and to stop pedophiles from fighting internally and losing and going on to abuse.

Also pedophiles aren't those who abuse children specifically but those who will masturbate or have urges towards children but not abuse a child. Do they deserve to be shot for having this disorder even though they fight every day with something that may repulse them as much as it repulses society.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
These scum and filth need there f***ing bollocks cut off,they are animals.This is what people do with animals-castration.So why make do f***ing gooders allowances.Prisons are not a deterrant,they go to prison and all rape and have sex with each other.These f***ing do gooders that have played a part in crippling England ,would soon change there tune if there daughter,wife ,niece,mother,brother, son etc had been got at by the diseased filth of society.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
These scum and filth need there f***ing bollocks cut off,they are animals.This is what people do with animals-castration.So why make do f***ing gooders allowances.Prisons are not a deterrant,they go to prison and all rape and have sex with each other.These f***ing do gooders that have played a part in crippling England ,would soon change there tune if there daughter,wife ,niece,mother,brother, son etc had been got at by the diseased filth of society.

You sound like a socio-path. All socio-paths should either be killed or castrated so they can't breed.

Would that be ok?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I do actually see where you are coming from with this, this country has been "rocked" by many "do-gooders" over the years, so much time and money spent on research on many differing things like "what makes people tick" and it seems we are no better off, in fact it seems we are worse off, but is that due to the fact that we are better informed on things these days.
Tyrone Biggums, you say that J2 Dog "sounds" like a sociopath, you make that assumption from 4 lines of an opinionated bit of text, before posting this, i did actually do a "bit" of research into what a sociopath is (so I do not profess to be an expert on this subject) and basically it covers just about each and everyone of us! taking that to a personal level, I can most certainly relate to a couple of the so called symptoms, what I find annoying is, in just about all that i read, the text contained statements like "Some researchers believe" or "Characteristics of people with a disorder may include" basically after much research and vast amounts of money spent, it still comes down to opinions from so called experts, as to what makes these people tick, but it is after the event, how many people who have issues are actually stopped from offending BEFORE they do offend? my guess is the answer to that is None or certainly not many, if that is the case, then maybe the best deterrant is an extremely harsh sentance? in my opinion, it probably is.
What I can say for certain is, if any individual had touched/defiled my kids, todays penalties (sorry about mentioning a penalty at such a sensitive time :lol:) would be nothing like good enough to what I would want done/do to them.

On another note, nice to see that a thread of this nature has gone so long without it getting to binfest / abusive levels, everyones entitled to their opinions, so lets keep it that way :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Errrrrrrrrrr. How do you know that prisoners all "rape and have sex with each other"? If it were my (non-existant) children or my sister the anger and rage would mean i'd want them to die. Without a doubt its part of being close to some one. You want anyone who will hurt them to be prevented from doing it or doing it again if it already happened.

I'd want some one to hold me back though. It IS their fault they acted on their urges but its NOT their fault they have them. As hard it as it is to take, i'd have to try accept that with time.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Errrrrrrrrrr. How do you know that prisoners all "rape and have sex with each other"? If it were my (non-existant) children or my sister the anger and rage would mean i'd want them to die. Without a doubt its part of being close to some one. You want anyone who will hurt them to be prevented from doing it or doing it again if it already happened.

I'd want some one to hold me back though. It IS their fault they acted on their urges but its NOT their fault they have them. As hard it as it is to take, i'd have to try accept that with time.

As a matter of interest, who's fault is it then?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tyrone Biggums, you say that J2 Dog "sounds" like a sociopath, you make that assumption from 4 lines of an opinionated bit of text, before posting this, i did actually do a "bit" of research into what a sociopath is (so I do not profess to be an expert on this subject) and basically it covers just about each and everyone of us!What I can say for certain is, if any individual had touched/defiled my kids, todays penalties (sorry about mentioning a penalty at such a sensitive time :lol:) would be nothing like good enough to what I would want done/do to them.

And that was my point.

People who would have others killed are in fact displaying anti-social behaviour and a disturbing thought process.

If someone is saying they'd rip someones testicles off i'd say without a doubt they have violent sociopathic tendencies themselves.

And fair enough to your eye we might appear no better off.

But I'm sure there's plenty of schizophrenics out there who have benefited from research undertaken on their condition which lead to antipsychotic medication being developed to help control their issues.

If the attitude that we don't have a cure for something yet so no point wasting money on it line was enforced we'd have not discovered cures/treatments for a great many things over time.

Given that people are living longer than they ever have and that child mortality rates are nothing like they used to be even compared to 50 years ago, are you actually worse off?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Having skimmed through this thread, I've seen a lot of references to chemical castration. Rather than do the proactive thing and look this up on the net - can anyone summarise exactly what effect this would have? I'd assume that this would lead to a complete lack of testosterone. Would this then have an effect on a person's body - such as hair growth? Would they still have any desires to have sex due to previous experience, or would this just disappear completely?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Nobodies.

It's just a part of nature.

I do agree with you, it is a part of nature, but surely no amount of research / investment will actually stop the process of nature happening? I'm sure it is all well and good knowing why these type of people do what they do, but stopping them doing it must be more important, thats if they can be stopped before committing an offence, and in my opinion it appears that the offence is committed, the legal system kicks in and it is analysed as to why the person did it, the person is sentanced to prison/ mental hospital (normally) they come out and re-offend (in most cases) maybe i have just given a very easy scenario of what happens, but that to me seems to be what happens in the main.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This gets quoted time after time with nothing to back it up conclusively, how do you measure the people that have been deterred ? people point to the US and compare the crime rates of states with and without he death penalty, but the non death penalty states always have differing ( better) socio-economic conditions to the death penalty states,the death penalty is a deterrent, how much is anybodys guess.

There's no need for statistics as the murder rate is just as high in countries that have a death penalty as those who don't. Few murderers think they'll get caught and the ones that do are people who killed on impulse and not by plan. There's no way that a paedophile would hesitate to abuse a child whatever the possible punishment. I would rather not see these people around either but at the same time I think that the real solution is to permanently remove them from society.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here