• No

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
After yet another shocking story I find myself thinking that a jail sentence is just not enough for what these people have done. Would you bring in the death sentence for these offences? Poll to follow.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
After yet another shocking story I find myself thinking that a jail sentence is just not enough for what these people have done. Would you bring in the death sentence for these offences? Poll to follow.

If death sentences are mandatory, then possibly more children will end up dead as the perpetrator would have nothing to lose.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If death sentences are mandatory, then possibly more children will end up dead as the perpetrator would have nothing to lose.

I guess this is a very fair point.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I voted yes but the treatment these guys get in prison I wouldn't wish on anyone except these sick fucks!

However the length of sentence is just not long enough which is why I voted yes.

When they get out they will start again. They need physchotherapy (or whatever it is) because I find it hard to believe that anybody is born capable of such sick and cruel actions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No as there appear to be so many mis-carriages of justice these days.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I voted No because Capital Punishment just does not work as a deterant. If you are a Paedophile and willing to act on your f***ed up thoughts then you will no matter what the punishments are. Look at the US. Many crimes have the option of CP there and yet it doesnt stop people. Also in this day and age it often costs more in legal fee's due to appeals to execute a person than imprison them for life. Again look at the states where most people spend 20 years on death row before 'riding the lightning'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I because I find it hard to believe that anybody is born capable of such sick and cruel actions.

It IS a human sexual preference that people are born with. Just like Hetreosexuality and Homosexuality.

By modern standards we find it appaling that someone would view our children in such a way.

But throughout mankinds history up until the Victorian times is was quite common within many eras and cultures.

Ancient Greece is attibuted with some of the greatest minds ever as well as giving us te concept of democracy was fife with paedophilia. Not only was it accepted, but young boys were worshipped by certain parts of Greek society.

I'm not saying I agree with what they do in the slightest, but to kill people because of the way they are born is tant amount to what the Nazis did to the Jews, The Gypsies, the Handicapped, the Homosexuals.

D

Deleted User X18H

To be fair they get treated so bad in prison by the other criminals.

Yep two or three years of that THEN capital punishment or maiming certainly a public penectomy without anesthetic.

Castration. And allow voluntary castration for those who believe themselves capable and liable to, should they have the wherewithall to admit it to that extent.

Since some priests have taken vows and decided to supress their desires - why not make castration a mandatory part of their work?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Chemical castration most definitely. Plus an increase in the length of prison sentences for those found guilty.
Plus an icrease in police funding to cover these foul and unwanted sad bas*ards.

needs to be sorted , now.

TNBA
TTF

macky

Dec 28, 2004
To be fair they get treated so bad in prison by the other criminals.

oh how little you know They have there own prisons where they are treated better than normal prisoners

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It IS a human sexual preference that people are born with. Just like Hetreosexuality and Homosexuality.

By modern standards we find it appaling that someone would view our children in such a way.

But throughout mankinds history up until the Victorian times is was quite common within many eras and cultures.

Ancient Greece is attibuted with some of the greatest minds ever as well as giving us te concept of democracy was fife with paedophilia. Not only was it accepted, but young boys were worshipped by certain parts of Greek society.

I'm not saying I agree with what they do in the slightest, but to kill people because of the way they are born is tant amount to what the Nazis did to the Jews, The Gypsies, the Handicapped, the Homosexuals.

This

Going out on a limb here: I almost feel sorry for them, if they are of sound enough mind to realize its socially unnacceptable and have to wrestle with innate sexual urges while acting withing the laws of the land and they succeed then I actually have a lot of respect for them because I couldn't imagine having to do that my self...

Obviously those who act on their urges and desires should be made to account and be punished for them but killing some one for this crime (or any crime)? Doesn't sit well. Too many errors could be made and the fact you can kill people for crimes they were always going to committ makes me feel just as sick as those hearing about those crimes we'd be punishing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I should imagine the whole medical world is awaiting the publication of your research papers as this would be a major breakthrough.

Or just another teenager who knows everything ? :rolleyes:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I should imagine the whole medical world is awaiting the publication of your research papers as this would be a major breakthrough.

Or just another teenager who knows everything ? :rolleyes:

I'm not even close to a teenager.

It just takes an open mind to realise if people are doing this kind of thing then it is in fact very much a human trait.

Why do you wank? Did your Dad first teach you too?

I'm guessing he didn't and that it was that imprinted message in your brain that creates sexual urges that lead you to first do it.

Well guess what, the same chemical process which occurs in the brain that gives you a hard on for women/men gives these people an arousal over a different thing.

But just to show you the "medical world" has researched this subject...

Due to the frontotemporal dysfunctions, pedophilia shares neural characteristics with psychiatric disorders that fall in the range of the obsessive-compulsive (OC) spectrum. These impulsive disorders include pathological gambling, kleptomania, and even Tourettes syndrome. While some debate this claim (Schiffer et al., 2007), there is substantial evidence for the existence of physiological and genetic overlaps. In particular, studies have shown that alterations in the frontostriatal circuitry are a major abnormality leading to obsessive-compulsive behavior. Pedophiles tend to act inappropriately and exhibit poor judgment because they lack the ability to control their impulses.

These structural alterations underlie the antisocial behaviors exhibited by someone with pedophilia. Pedophiles are burdened with repetitive thoughts and urges. Consequently, they seek to fulfill these desires through behavior that is socially unacceptable and at times, even illegal. Most pedophiles express shame and guilt after partaking in their immoral behavior because their neurological dysfunctions deal strictly with urges and not emotions (Schiffer et al., 2007).

So there you go, scientic research which indicates they are very much ruled by a disorder they were potentially born with.

Before having someone killed I prefer to actually find out why they are like they are.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Not capital punishment, but lock them away forever. It's no use trying to sympathise/empathise with them and a pre-condition they were born with. What about the poor children who they violate, and whos lives are affected. It's wrong, it will always be wrong, and just because, in some way back civilisation, it happened, doesn't mean it was right then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here