[Football] My Irrational Hatred of Beheady Howe

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Him and Christian Horner (Red Bull F1 boss) are on the same level as smug to55ers I could never tire of punching!
Horner = the smuggest bastard in sport. Howe is very smug but he doesn't even come close to the Red Bull boss. Not far behind him is Verstappen, an arrogant twat.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The most punchable face in football.
IMG_7855.jpeg

Closely followed by ^^^^

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Does anybody else have a completely irrational hatred of the super-glum Newcastle boss?

I'm 53 and I've never really experienced this before.

Will it go away?

Please help.
I think he could be the first to be fired.

If Brentford and ourselves can beat them and heads are down, then I can see the Blades lifting their game to get something. Would love it if they chopped his tenure short :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think he could be the first to be fired.

If Brentford and ourselves can beat them and heads are down, then I can see the Blades lifting their game to get something. Would love it if they chopped his tenure short :)
Until Dan Ashworth hires De Zerbi to replace him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Didn't actually used to mind him, there is no denying he did superb at Bournemouth.

But when the Saudi's arrived he should have walked, he didn't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I just say…. ‘BEHEADY HOWE’ deserves some huge recognition 🙌👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
What pisses me off is that since he took over they have spent nearly half a BILLION pounds on players and yet he’s being hailed as some kind of miracle worker for the job he’s doing at Newcastle.

He’s achieving the minimum for that level of investment.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not keen, but I suspect I’d get behind him if he were to become England manager.

Yes he’s smug, but I find I irrationally dislike any manager who is disingenuous … Wenger being the king of that role.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You might be right. A company car that he's worked out a tax efficient way of getting. He's also worked out the exact point at which the efficiency of the car is lessened by the weight of the fuel he puts in and scrupulously keeps it under that level. He once reached 65mph on the motorway just outside Derby and the thrill of it still makes him smile, but only if no-one is watching.
In this day and age it would be an EV through a salary sacrifice scheme. I don't reckon he'd have a TT anyway – it would be a saloon (maybe Audi, but most probably a BMW) that would look sporty but actually be a base model. As long as he was able to hang his jacket off the hook above the rear seat.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I am a long standing Howe hater. His Bournemouth and Burnley teams were the most cynical cheating sides around but it seemed to go unnoticed by the media because of his supposed nice guy image. People are starting to realise what kind of person he is now that he’s managing sportwashers fc but he still gets a much easier ride than he should do.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Eddie Howe JUST about gets away with it with me although he could of got the part of Gavin in Gavin and Stacey, who for some reason riles me with his smugness. BUT DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON SUNBED WIDE-EYED TWATTY TINDALL. THE BLOKE HAS ROBBED A LIVING OFF HOWES BACK...WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE PAIR FALL OUT WITH EACH OTHER

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Didn't actually used to mind him, there is no denying he did superb at Bournemouth.
Breaking FFP to get promoted then just paying the fine would tend to lessen his achievement.

Plus before VAR his team always seemed to get penalties when playing us, despite no one in the ground including the Bournemouth players appealing for one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would have thought Eddie is safe for now. There are too many other peaceful folk that the Crown Prince is upset about.

I'd keep your mouth shut if you don't like the transfer activity this summer, Eddie

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's not irrational, the bloke's an annoying twat!

You can tell he's trying to be all Mr sensible and level headed, but scratch the surface and you can tell he's always super pleased pleased himself. I find him very passive aggressive. People like that are almost always a snake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports