Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] My Irrational Hatred of Beheady Howe

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we've all covered Howe enough over the years- can I just also raise the fact that he speaks with his teeth clenched together constantly, and I don't know why that makes me suspicious but it does.

That said, Smug Eddie does clearly have qualities that allow him to engage with players and motivate them, and probably also with referees, judging by the long list of scandalous decisions his teams have got against us one the years (still haven't forgiven that penalty against Calderon at the Amex).

Let's get on to Tindall however. An absolute waster, a failed manager in his own right, who is condemned to spending the rest of his life following his mate around the country, hoping that wherever he goes, Eddie gives him a job. Imagine being that unskilled that you are only ever going to gain employment if your much more talented friend gives you a position? To compensate for his lack of ability, he's forced to push himself to the forefront of every match situation, desperately trying to get his face on camera and trying to convince the world that he actually does something, when in reality his job consists of getting the cones in after training and clapping a lot while shouting "COME ON THEN LADS" after Smug Eddie finishes the pre-match briefing or half time team talk.

I mean, he's probably on £250,000 a year for being Head of Cone Collection, so I suppose he's the one laughing all the way to the bank, but it doesn't make him any less of a whopper, does it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He didn’t work wonders at Bournemouth, they had an extortionate wage bill.

There never was a Plucky/Howe miracle. For example 2018/19.

Squad cost:
Plucky £209m
Albion £152m

Accounts loss:
Plucky £32m
Albion £16m

[Infrastructure spend at that time:
Albion £177m
Plucky - a confidential contract with Lego]

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Breaking FFP to get promoted then just paying the fine would tend to lessen his achievement.

Plus before VAR his team always seemed to get penalties when playing us, despite no one in the ground including the Bournemouth players appealing for one.
Ahhhhgggghhhhaaaarrr! Bournemouth hand ball outside of our penalty box and they get a sodding penalty. Unbelievable. Why did you remind me? So many years ago now but still so raw

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ahhhhgggghhhhaaaarrr! Bournemouth hand ball outside of our penalty box and they get a sodding penalty. Unbelievable. Why did you remind me? So many years ago now but still so raw

Even from the Withdean SS, in real time it was obvious what happened. The League One officials an embarrassment.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we've all covered Howe enough over the years- can I just also raise the fact that he speaks with his teeth clenched together constantly, and I don't know why that makes me suspicious but it does.

That said, Smug Eddie does clearly have qualities that allow him to engage with players and motivate them, and probably also with referees, judging by the long list of scandalous decisions his teams have got against us one the years (still haven't forgiven that penalty against Calderon at the Amex).

Let's get on to Tindall however. An absolute waster, a failed manager in his own right, who is condemned to spending the rest of his life following his mate around the country, hoping that wherever he goes, Eddie gives him a job. Imagine being that unskilled that you are only ever going to gain employment if your much more talented friend gives you a position? To compensate for his lack of ability, he's forced to push himself to the forefront of every match situation, desperately trying to get his face on camera and trying to convince the world that he actually does something, when in reality his job consists of getting the cones in after training and clapping a lot while shouting "COME ON THEN LADS" after Smug Eddie finishes the pre-match briefing or half time team talk.

I mean, he's probably on £250,000 a year for being Head of Cone Collection, so I suppose he's the one laughing all the way to the bank, but it doesn't make him any less of a whopper, does it?
I am normally in agreement with your perspective but on this occasions I wonder whether your sweeping generalization may not be a little wide of the mark, regarding side-kicks who provide little.

1693940774186.png
1693940822694.png

1693940797242.png

1693941084545.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I get the impression you've been saving that up for a while :wink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am normally in agreement with your perspective but on this occasions I wonder whether your sweeping generalization may not be a little wide of the mark, regarding side-kicks who provide little.

View attachment 166057View attachment 166059
View attachment 166058

View attachment 166060

But Peter Taylor had a degree of success as a manager in his own right.

Tindall stepped into the AFCML role after Smug Eddie decided to take a break following relegation, only to be a total disaster with a squad that should have walked the Championship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel like that about Steve Cooper - ok manager but fc*k is he not a peach to look at!
Looks like a serious wrong-un in photos. But when he speaks, you can see that he really isn't. Seems like a decent bloke.

And I'll say it again, Howe is OK.

This is what badness looks like

1693941266658.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But Peter Taylor had a degree of success as a manager in his own right.

Tindall stepped into the AFCML role after Smug Eddie decided to take a break following relegation, only to be a total disaster with a squad that should have walked the Championship.
The contrast is not particularly stark. Taylor had one decent season managing us, with Clough's team, then went back to Clough. Tindall is young enough to have one decent season in similar circumstances, sometime in the future. But that isn't my point.

My point was that the management teams are both effective and they are both teams, so denigrating Tindall's role in the team is baseless, as would be denigrating Taylor's role in his team under Clough.

Let's not forget that team has got tea in it, and who doesn't like a lovely cup of tea?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looks like a serious wrong-un in photos. But when he speaks, you can see that he really isn't. Seems like a decent bloke.

And I'll say it again, Howe is OK.

This is what badness looks like

View attachment 166061
I don't think it's 'decent' of him to make the ridiculous comments he made after the match Saturday. Okay they are not as laughable as Jordan Henderson's but still. He knows he lied. Someone like the new Tottenham boss would have just said it how it is.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The contrast is not particularly stark. Taylor had one decent season managing us, with Clough's team, then went back to Clough. Tindall is young enough to have one decent season in similar circumstances, sometime in the future. But that isn't my point.

My point was that the management teams are both effective and they are both teams, so denigrating Tindall's role in the team is baseless, as would be denigrating Taylor's role in his team under Clough.

Let's not forget that team has got tea in it, and who doesn't like a lovely cup of tea?
And for some clubs let's remember there's no f in team!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think it's 'decent' of him to make the ridiculous comments he made after the match Saturday. Okay they are not as laughable as Jordan Henderson's but still. He knows he lied. Someone like the new Tottenham boss would have just said it how it is.
Big Ange?

Let's see how honest and gracious he is when his team get rodgered into next Tuesday in a must-win match.

Mate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m with you on this all his films are shit I don’t get the hype.
The thing is, with a film, you don't have to watch.

When The Albion play a team managed by someone you don't like, you do have to watch.

That. Is. A. Disgrace.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is NSC and it's all about opinions. If I want to rip into Jason Tindall's role as head of Cone Collection and Dressing Room Bantz, then I bloody well will :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is NSC and it's all about opinions. If I want to rip into Jason Tindall's role as head of Cone Collection and Dressing Room Bantz, then I bloody well will :lol:
Good point. Detachment and justifiable suppositions are so real world. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He really should of said we had a few early chances until De Zerbi tweaked his formation and I was completely baffled, my mate sun tan Tindal didn’t have a clue either 😏
I hadn't realized Eddy's assistant is Korean. Every day's a school day on NSC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here