Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meltdown at the Palace

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Elsewhere [MENTION=13585]little al[/MENTION] seems to have got himself into a bit of bother :lolol:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241342

I'm particularly fond of the time this post was made:

Old 17-03-2013, 02.00 pm
potential horse

It is easy to say you are not 100% confident after the fact, Al made a bold statement and until we started losing he was a little bit correct. I doubt we can win the game now but lets not give up hope.

:laugh:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The Albion provided Palace fans with Croydon beer. We gave them padded seats. We showed them a film of Palace Legends. We did not inflict vulgar goal music on them after we scored. We did not keep them locked in the ground for an hour after the game, whilst the bloke on the public-address system taunted them after their loss.

Frankly, the way Palace treat Albion fans at Selhurst Park is a disgrace.

I hope that Crystal Palace watched and learned. That is how to treat away fans with dignity. That is how to win with a touch of class, on and off the pitch.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
3 nil up versus your rivals and thousands leaving from 80 mins on. Not having a dig just saying I was surprised.

Yes it happens a lot at man ute and arsenal. Not many other clubs to this scale IMO. Not sure what roads are like to be fair but i left the ground 5 mins after the final whistle, walked back to station and was on a train to Brighton within minutes.

Well what do you know, it seems Palace have the same moan's, 7 pages of it.

Leaving Early - CPFC BBS

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
3 nil up versus your rivals and thousands leaving from 80 mins on. Not having a dig just saying I was surprised.

Yes it happens a lot at man ute and arsenal. Not many other clubs to this scale IMO. Not sure what roads are like to be fair but i left the ground 5 mins after the final whistle, walked back to station and was on a train to Brighton within minutes.

Perhaps the fact that 2000 Pikeys were going to be herded into a queuing channel and that it was pissing down with rain meant that older fans and families with children may have tried to get one of the first trains or get to the park and ride before the Neanerthals were released, plus the river of tears near the Park and Ride stairs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They were supporting arsenal, Liverpool at the time too :p

Fair one. I guess they're not amongst the 25,000-30,000 who turned up to watch the Albion in the 1970s and 1980s. Who KNOWS what happened to those people. Oh- hold on. Perhaps they've come back?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it just me but I didnt think that Williams did much and was well shackled for most of the first haf without looking menacing as was Bolasie so in Holloways defence being 2 down would have done exactly the same as he did. I was concerned when Philips came on and said to my brother the next goal is crucial as it happened we scored it but had we not it may well have been a different story.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
So why did he take Bolasie off then also at half time

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh My Goodness – the Nigels have not taken the 3-0 defeat well have they.

It would appear that Steve Parish has got himself embroiled in a public slanging match on Twitter again with Palace fans as he had the downright cheek to congratulate us on our win. This has led to the rehashing of an old argument with certain fans still furious at his treatment of Freedman. It’s descended into Parish asking other fans to grass up the Twitter bullies so he can set the force of the law on them and also ban them from Selhurst for life. Palace players have also got themselves in Twitter fest arguments about their commitment following the St Patricks Day Rout.

Holloway ,apparently, IS a West Country idiot- he got the tactics wrong - the substitutions wrong - he complained at getting his coat wet while thousands of Palace stood in the soaking wet in abject humiliation - he also dismissed the game as just another game and he doesn’t get the rivalry – Gus does! Fans are turning on fans on the internet as they argue about the defeat.

Some now say we aren’t their true rivals – others disagree. To the game itself – they bossed it until we scored ! we shouldn’t have scored – we are cheating diving injury feigning nancy boys – the ref gave everything to us – it rained – the pitch was wet which suited our hoof ball style – it shouldn’t have rained – it was the wrong rain – they got wet we didn’t.

Kuszczak should be arrested for inciting a riot – the vertical finger pointing Zaha of last week apparently forgotten – Williams ran the show – their fullbacks had bad games – Dikgacoi should never play for them again.

We never sang – they didn’t like our songs – we left early – they never leave early – the Palace who did leave early got held back by Police in the rain – The Police marched them too far aimlessly up & down Queens Road pre match – post match The Police made them stand on Falmer station in the rain – it was cold – it had puddles on it – it never rains in Croydon.

Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex – they didn’t like that –more people turned up than expected – a Selhurst first! - the picture quality was poor – the beer ran out – it was too expensive (£15) – the food was shite – they lost 3-0.

And so it goes on and on – and to think we suffered a heartbreaking last minute 2-3 defeat at Withdean , the 5-0 & 3-0 defeats at Selhurst and the 1-3 Amex humiliation. We were upset and down but I don’t recall us turning on each other to this degree – some Clubs just don’t have any class.

Can you tell me who your ghost writer is mate ? :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So why did he take Bolasie off then also at half time

Because is utter tripe. His first half performance absolute stank out the place. Even more than Dikgacoi and Wilbraham...
[MENTION=21798]TheMajor[/MENTION], fantastic post. :bowdown: Love a good Palace meltdown after we've THRASHED them in the rain.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Because he'd been about as much use as a fillet steak at a Vegetarian Society supper I think.

Quite agree, I was asking Bens Grandad (Post 91) cos he was more impressed with Bolasie than Williams.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Aren't proper rivals? Why are they losing their minds about it then? Holloway was a terrible appointment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sour grapes?

I've just complimented your performance, ground, police and general organisation of your club. I even said the West stand sounds good when you sing albioooon. Not sour at all. As many of your own fans have said the atmosphere was not as good as it should have been.

Is the atmosphere at the Amex decent? Yes, especially for a new ground with many new supporters!
Is it like visiting galatasary? No

Many of our fans have said atmosphere was great as it was where I was sitting .. Pity yur lot gave up before halftime ..as regards to tht Turkish club not many places are as hostile as that and I'm not sure I 'd want it to be considering done of the unsavoury incidents tht have happened there ..strange one for you to compare

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here