Meltdown at the Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Weird if they honestly couldn't hear us in the North - I had to stop singing for the final ten minutes because my throat was so sore and my head started pounding from all the jumping around and screaming

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
:)
Oh My Goodness – the Nigels have not taken the 3-0 defeat well have they.

It would appear that Steve Parish has got himself embroiled in a public slanging match on Twitter again with Palace fans as he had the downright cheek to congratulate us on our win. This has led to the rehashing of an old argument with certain fans still furious at his treatment of Freedman. It’s descended into Parish asking other fans to grass up the Twitter bullies so he can set the force of the law on them and also ban them from Selhurst for life. Palace players have also got themselves in Twitter fest arguments about their commitment following the St Patricks Day Rout.

Holloway ,apparently, IS a West Country idiot- he got the tactics wrong - the substitutions wrong - he complained at getting his coat wet while thousands of Palace stood in the soaking wet in abject humiliation - he also dismissed the game as just another game and he doesn’t get the rivalry – Gus does! Fans are turning on fans on the internet as they argue about the defeat.

Some now say we aren’t their true rivals – others disagree. To the game itself – they bossed it until we scored ! we shouldn’t have scored – we are cheating diving injury feigning nancy boys – the ref gave everything to us – it rained – the pitch was wet which suited our hoof ball style – it shouldn’t have rained – it was the wrong rain – they got wet we didn’t.

Kuszczak should be arrested for inciting a riot – the vertical finger pointing Zaha of last week apparently forgotten – Williams ran the show – their fullbacks had bad games – Dikgacoi should never play for them again.

We never sang – they didn’t like our songs – we left early – they never leave early – the Palace who did leave early got held back by Police in the rain – The Police marched them too far aimlessly up & down Queens Road pre match – post match The Police made them stand on Falmer station in the rain – it was cold – it had puddles on it – it never rains in Croydon.

Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex – they didn’t like that –more people turned up than expected – a Selhurst first! - the picture quality was poor – the beer ran out – it was too expensive (£15) – the food was shite – they lost 3-0.

And so it goes on and on – and to think we suffered a heartbreaking last minute 2-3 defeat at Withdean , the 5-0 & 3-0 defeats at Selhurst and the 1-3 Amex humiliation. We were upset and down but I don’t recall us turning on each other to this degree – some Clubs just don’t have any class.

Brilliant post

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It is an absolute treat being on N.S.C at the moment, If I wasn't at work I could seriously sit looking at this board all day with a bucket of popcorn the size of Westminster Abbey. Every minute brings another hilarious palace excuse/meltdown or another magnificent Albion fan jibe at the sore losers. And with no game at the weekend, we can keep directing all our energies on ripping the piss out of them for a while longer, keep it up guys :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is an absolute treat being on N.S.C at the moment, If I wasn't at work I could seriously sit looking at this board all day with a bucket of popcorn the size of Westminster Abbey. Every minute brings another hilarious palace excuse/meltdown or another magnificent Albion fan jibe at the sore losers. And with no game at the weekend, we can keep directing all our energies on ripping the piss out of them for a while longer, keep it up guys :)

Don't worry , The St Patrick's Day Massacre will go down in folklore. You'll be telling your children's grandchildren about March 17th 2013.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Their fans’ reaction to their defeat demonstrates that they think that they have a divine right to beat us.

To be fair to them, the Palace regulars on this board have admitted that the best team on the day won comfortably, but the BBS faithful seem to think that they have been plunged headlong into a parallel universe where the most inexplicable things happen.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I have never been called Uncle Albert before but I can see the likeness although my beard is much tidier.

That was one of the best days I can remember and, amazingly, I can remember just about everything about it despite the first pint of many Guinness' going down at 9.15 am along with my English breakfast at the Savannah.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never been called Uncle Albert before but I can see the likeness although my beard is much tidier.

That was one of the best days I can remember and, amazingly, I can remember just about everything about it despite the first pint of many Guinness' going down at 9.15 am along with my English breakfast at the Savannah.

Well if you are Uncle Albert, I don't mind being Del Boy. Rod/ [MENTION=24092]BIRDMAN[/MENTION] can be Rodney. Jim can have first dibs on Trigger. :smile:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh My Goodness – the Nigels have not taken the 3-0 defeat well have they.

It would appear that Steve Parish has got himself embroiled in a public slanging match on Twitter again with Palace fans as he had the downright cheek to congratulate us on our win. This has led to the rehashing of an old argument with certain fans still furious at his treatment of Freedman. It’s descended into Parish asking other fans to grass up the Twitter bullies so he can set the force of the law on them and also ban them from Selhurst for life. Palace players have also got themselves in Twitter fest arguments about their commitment following the St Patricks Day Rout.

Holloway ,apparently, IS a West Country idiot- he got the tactics wrong - the substitutions wrong - he complained at getting his coat wet while thousands of Palace stood in the soaking wet in abject humiliation - he also dismissed the game as just another game and he doesn’t get the rivalry – Gus does! Fans are turning on fans on the internet as they argue about the defeat.

Some now say we aren’t their true rivals – others disagree. To the game itself – they bossed it until we scored ! we shouldn’t have scored – we are cheating diving injury feigning nancy boys – the ref gave everything to us – it rained – the pitch was wet which suited our hoof ball style – it shouldn’t have rained – it was the wrong rain – they got wet we didn’t.

Kuszczak should be arrested for inciting a riot – the vertical finger pointing Zaha of last week apparently forgotten – Williams ran the show – their fullbacks had bad games – Dikgacoi should never play for them again.

We never sang – they didn’t like our songs – we left early – they never leave early – the Palace who did leave early got held back by Police in the rain – The Police marched them too far aimlessly up & down Queens Road pre match – post match The Police made them stand on Falmer station in the rain – it was cold – it had puddles on it – it never rains in Croydon.

Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex – they didn’t like that –more people turned up than expected – a Selhurst first! - the picture quality was poor – the beer ran out – it was too expensive (£15) – the food was shite – they lost 3-0.

And so it goes on and on – and to think we suffered a heartbreaking last minute 2-3 defeat at Withdean , the 5-0 & 3-0 defeats at Selhurst and the 1-3 Amex humiliation. We were upset and down but I don’t recall us turning on each other to this degree – some Clubs just don’t have any class.
That is by some distance the best post you have ever made on NSC! Classic!:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Aren't proper rivals? Why are they losing their minds about it then? Holloway was a terrible appointment.

You're right, he's kept them within touching distance of 2nd place. Terrible appointment indeed. And if they Google up during the run in and miss the playoffs (unlikely I know) then it will have been a FANTASTIC appointment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Their fans’ reaction to their defeat demonstrates that they think that they have a divine right to beat us.

To be fair to them, the Palace regulars on this board have admitted that the best team on the day won comfortably, but the BBS faithful seem to think that they have been plunged headlong into a parallel universe where the most inexplicable things happen.

You've got it spot on.

It seems some of their fans just believe that they always have resounding victories against us, and really cannot get their heads around Sunday.

To be fair, it's probably the more recent fans who've experienced just the 3-1, the 1-1 ( which they explain away by claiming Buckley dived, ignoring Zaha's previous Olympic effort ), and the 3-0 earlier this season. They probably don't remember the 1-0 game we won at Selhurst, or those that do probably also remember the 5-0.

This is massive. It's blown a hole in the reality for some of them, the delusion has come crashing down around them, and they search for answers.

Very impressed by how well some of their fans have taken it on here, but nevertheless a lot of comedy material on the Palace sites.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
fantastic post Major!

To those that think the atmosphere was poor,I suggest they listen to the iPlayer recording of the match from radio 5. Of course the noise waxes and wanes but when the crowd get going it's amazing. Somebody suggested that it was great that the west and south were also 'giving it'to the palace, well so was the east. Even the family stand. I was very proud of all of us that day!

Thank you everyone - kind words. To all the Albion fans I have upset in the past - I apologise- I love you all. :albion2:

I have an attendance problem - I admit it. I am trying to address it but ees difficult ees complicated.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
fantastic post Major!

To those that think the atmosphere was poor,I suggest they listen to the iPlayer recording of the match from radio 5. Of course the noise waxes and wanes but when the crowd get going it's amazing. Somebody suggested that it was great that the west and south were also 'giving it'to the palace, well so was the east. Even the family stand. I was very proud of all of us that day!

Agree with that - have listened to iplayer and atmosphere was great, would have to say that in WSU North end only heard Palace 2 or 3 times in 1st half but radio picked up a few more chants than i was aware. WSU was buzzing all game, we need the same for the rest of the run in. Didn't hear a thing from Palace 2nd half.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I think all clubs have a similar set of fans who over react to everything in life. There are bigger things in life, they don't get this. Perhpas they do not have bigger things in their lives.
I wasn't there (Amex or the beam back). From what i hear we were out played and out thought. It sounds as though we may have been in it for a portion of the first half but not after.
Yes, you are our rivals and yes losing to you does hurt. So what, we've beaten you before (as you state) swings and roundabouts. It's what football supporting is all about. Giving you the amazing ability to ruin or make your day/weekend.
I'm embarrassed by a lot of what has appeared on social media but it is not Palace in meltdown at all. It is a small minority of twitter using Palace supporters being moronic. I'm sure Brighton have a bunch of fans who over react in the same outrageous way? No?

I think Holloway needs to think more and realise that what he may see as a throwaway jokey soundbite can be picked up by over sensitive fans and molded into something it wasn't. Wet coat - really? What he said about the rivalry has (in my opinio)n been taken out of context. I thought he was saying that the rivalry does not matter to him, he goes out to win every game not just the derbies. And that our rivals are basically every team aroound us. I totally agree with this and you must also remember the rules of derbies; Win and you big up the importance of the game, lose and you play it down. Football Management 101.

Not sure you guys were probably very interested in that diatribe so apologies for going on but I don't get much sense on the Palace boards - still.

Well done on Sunday but we're still above you :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
fantastic post Major!

Someone definitely needs to tuck a copy of that away for use in an end of Season montage type video / audio.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fair one. I guess they're not amongst the 25,000-30,000 who turned up to watch the Albion in the 1970s and 1980s. Who KNOWS what happened to those people. Oh- hold on. Perhaps they've come back?
Edna, don't go confusing them anymore than they already are - next you'll be talking about the possibility that some of those 25,000-30,000 people who went to The Goldstone in the 70s and 80s might also have had children who are now supporting the Albion in ever increasing numbers...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure what roads are like to be fair but i left the ground 5 mins after the final whistle, walked back to station and was on a train to Brighton within minutes.
That doesn't sound right. If your memory is accurate, that's a complete one off. We've had many threads here of people complaining about waiting ages for trains etc, and I catch the train every game so I know that wouldn't usually be the case (I stayed for drinks on Sunday).

Anyway, to bat a Palace phrase back to you, do you get extra points at the end of the season if everyone stays until the final whistle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports