Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mason Greenwood

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not quite right - the club is owned by a tiny number of very wealth people and a handful of vulture funds. Given the amount that has been harvested out of the club by the Glazers (and the vulture funds through interest) - the money for Greenwood is inconsequential.

Nope

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I will be impressed if no premier league team signs him but will also assume it is because of the negative press associated with him over any kind or morality.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I will be impressed if no premier league team signs him but will also assume it is because of the negative press associated with him over any kind or morality.
If Newcastle weren't well stocked up front they would be all over it.

I wouldn't rule out Chelsea either

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Give it three years and he’ll be at Newcastle, once he’s been suitably laundered in the Saudi setup

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well. There's a young English proven goalscorer available near enough for free.

All you have to do is sell your soul. It stands to reason that a club who've already sell their have little to lose and a lot to gain.

Take away the off field stuff and Greenwood would have likely led the Man U and England attack for a decade.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He’ll have to go abroad surely? There’s no way an English team can touch him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is there no such thing as a redemptive society anymore?

And I say that as someone who thought Bissouma should have been stood down while under investigation (innocent before proven guilty I was told !) and really don’t think Lewis Dunk came out of his ‘problem’ in a brilliant light.

Given people fawn over Gazza & Mike Tyson still, I’m interested to see how Mason moves on from this

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Is there no such thing as a redemptive society anymore?

And I say that as someone who thought Bissouma should have been stood down while under investigation (innocent before proven guilty I was told !) and really don’t think Lewis Dunk came out of his ‘problem’ in a brilliant light.

Given people fawn over Gazza & Mike Tyson still, I’m interested to see how Mason moves on from this
I suppose. But it takes time. Also genuine contrition helps. To come out and say he was cleared wasn't a promising sign.

Also, I don't think any of the comparisons you've introduce help. Getting into, but he did this and he did this, isn't what's needed

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I reckon he’ll go to somewhere like Turkey, then after a couple of successful seasons may go to Spain or Italy, but never back to England.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Man Utd didn’t help themselves in a number of ways. The fact that they investigated at all given they have no power. Gary Neville has said it should have been an independent enquiry. Their cack handed statement that declared him innocent when the authorities have only said there is new evidence and a withdrawal of witness statement. The club’s changes of mind. It appears they were planning for his re-integration into the squad and according to the BBC even produced a list of potential opponents to the plan including domestic abuse charities ! They also palmed off responsibility on to ‘stakeholders’ such as the women’s team, some of whom were in Australia for the WC. It’s a complete mess by the club which doesn’t detract from the mess created by the player. How any club could want to be associated with a number of his behaviours is beyond me but Man U seemed pretty desperate to do exactly that. It’s all about the money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Footballers never seem capable of taking responsibility for their actions.

Jay Rodriguez - "I'm glad that all charges were dropped, I've cleared my name and was found innocent" - no you weren't. It was deemed "not proven" due to lack of evidence, not that you didn't do it.

Ivan Toney - "there were grey areas about gambling on football, nobody came to the club to explain" - FFS, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know that footballers are not allowed to gamble on matches

Greenwood: "I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges" - no you weren't. The charges were dropped, NOT cleared, because the key witnesses withdrew their involvement leading to the collapse of the case.

Every one of these somehow played the victim card. "Not me guv". These cossetted buffoons live so far in their own bubble, with their arses constantly being wiped by their club and hangers on, they can NEVER believe they're capable of any wrongdoing.

Dickheads, the lot of them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Footballers never seem capable of taking responsibility for their actions.

Jay Rodriguez - "I'm glad that all charges were dropped, I've cleared my name and was found innocent" - no you weren't. It was deemed "not proven" due to lack of evidence, not that you didn't do it.

Ivan Toney - "there were grey areas about gambling on football, nobody came to the club to explain" - FFS, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know that footballers are not allowed to gamble on matches

Greenwood: "I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges" - no you weren't. The charges were dropped, NOT cleared, because the key witnesses withdrew their involvement leading to the collapse of the case.

Every one of these somehow played the victim card. "Not me guv". These cossetted buffoons live so far in their own bubble, with their arses constantly being wiped by their club and hangers on, they can NEVER believe they're capable of any wrongdoing.

Dickheads, the lot of them.
Footballers, with rare exceptions, aren't the brightest. Without the ability to kick a ball about, they'd mostly be asking if we'd like large fries with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here