Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Football] Mason Greenwood

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Disgusting. I heard the recording & after hearing it I actually don't care whether he broke the law or not. It makes the kiss from Rubiales look small fry. Perhaps they should use the recording in schools as a social discussion regarding consent. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
What do we do with such young men, are they deserving of a 2nd chance? Heā€™s probably got another 50-60 years of life to live without, it appears, any employment or purpose if he should be ostracised from society. Genuinely interested in sensible answers because itā€™s now just this young man but many more past present and sadly future too.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
What do we do with such young men, are they deserving of a 2nd chance? Heā€™s probably got another 50-60 years of life to live without, it appears, any employment or purpose if he should be ostracised from society. Genuinely interested in sensible answers because itā€™s now just this young man but many more past present and sadly future too.
Disclaimer: the post below assumes that the audio recording released, of a man trying to force his partner to have sex with him and threatening violence if she doesnā€™t stop resisting, is that of Mason Greenwood. Of course I do not know this is him for certain, despite the fact that his girlfriend posted the recoding and Mason didnā€™t deny it was him. Therefore itā€™s entirely possible this was just roleplaying, or someone that sounds a lot like Mason. And that all of the bruises and nosebleeds his girlfriend posted subsequently were just the result of her clumsiness.

/disclaimer

Assuming he got his way, then he effectively raped someone. The fact his partner chose not to prosecute is irrelevant.

So the question is ā€˜at what point is a rapist given a second chance. For me, it starts with contrition. He needs to accept what he did was horrifically wrong, and not part of his right as a man / famous football player. And after contrition comes a lifelong attempt to improve himself, and hopefully fight against the very beliefs he seems to hold.

He should never be playing football for money again, at least not in the public eye where he becomes a role model. All of us know rape is wrong, and if he just gets away with it, what message is that sending to all those confused kids listening to the Andrew Tates of this world?

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Assuming he got his way, then he effectively raped someone. The fact his partner chose not to prosecute is irrelevant.

So the question is ā€˜at what point is a rapist given a second chance. For me, it starts with contrition. He needs to accept what he did was horrifically wrong, and not part of his right as a man / famous football player. And after contrition comes a lifelong attempt to improve himself, and hopefully fight against the very beliefs he seems to hold.

He should never be playing football for money again, at least not in the public eye where he becomes a role model. All of us know rape is wrong, and if he just gets away with it, what message is that sending to all those confused kids listening to the Andrew Tates of this world?
Thatā€™s a big primary assumption. Did he? Iā€™m not sure Bozza would like that sort of statement on here, be careful. But yes, contrition is a huge part of rehabilitation but should we try to rehabilitate such people? Many would argue no. So whatā€™s the alternative?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given you start with ā€˜assumingā€™ itā€™s not really a great post is it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thatā€™s a big primary assumption. Did he? Iā€™m not sure Bozza would like that sort of statement on here, be careful. But yes, contrition is a huge part of rehabilitation but should we try to rehabilitate such people? Many would argue no. So whatā€™s the alternative?
I broadly agree with @FatSuperman .

Thereā€™s enough public information from the court case which demonstrates Greenwood is a very grim individual with some very dubious and misogynistic ideas circulating in his head. That audio recording alone is truly awful.

That said, I donā€™t want to live in a world where we canā€™t forgive. But forgiveness has to be earned, contrition demonstrated, and a drive to learn, understand and make himself a better and more aware citizen. I havnt seen any of this yetā€¦..just carefully worded statements from his lawyer.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Dare say he'll end up plying his trade somewhere. Tho hard to see him rocking up at any club that has any respect at all for its womens team and female supporters

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Given you start with ā€˜assumingā€™ itā€™s not really a great post is it
I would contend that it makes my post fairly clear that I donā€™t know for sure, hence the word ā€˜assumingā€™.

The guy has been recorded trying to force his girlfriend to have sex with him, and threatening violence if she doesnā€™t stop resisting him. The only reason it didnā€™t go to court is that she dropped the charges.

You two are correct that I could have put a load of caveats though! Perhaps Iā€™ll edit and add them so as not to worry people

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would contend that it makes my post fairly clear that I donā€™t know for sure, hence the word ā€˜assumingā€™.

The guy has been recorded trying to force his girlfriend to have sex with him, and threatening violence if she doesnā€™t stop resisting him. The only reason it didnā€™t go to court is that she dropped the charges.

You two are correct that I could have put a load of caveats though! Perhaps Iā€™ll edit and add them so as not to worry people
Are we allowed to speculate that charges were dropped in exchange for a shitload of money?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like Jude Bellingham could be in some trouble after being caught on camera calling Mason Greenwood a r****t in the La Liga game between Getafe and Real Madrid last night.

:nono:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Looks like Jude Bellingham could be in some trouble after being caught on camera calling Mason Greenwood a r****t in the La Liga game between Getafe and Real Madrid last night.

A rapist or a racist ?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Hopefully the end of the love affair with Jude in Spain, no place for such abuse aimed towards the great hope of Manchester.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A rapist or a racist ?
Can you let me know as this is 5 across in today's Guardian crossword.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here