Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Titanic - you sound a potential candidate certainly - however one of the criteria for this position is that youu demosntrate the ability to present the club in its best light - firm, but polite, authority but with manners and decorum.

My main concern is that you would appear to some as being a typical traditional doorman - this is a welcoming positioning......however until the committe is formed I cannot take responsibility for saying yes or no.

I am simply one of the founder members - the success of Club Gus hinges on a slick committee and happy relaxed members.

Thank you for your kind words of support, and I do understand your concerns. However, I would like to point you towards the the fluency in Spanish, Italian and French :)spit: ), and I can assure you that I can be as oleaginous as the next ostiarius.

I do hope you wil consider my application futher, I would consider it a signal honour to serve the club in this way.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Excvellent - as Chairman I would be here as a supervisory role only using my vote if we have a hung committe (cue jokes).

Has there been any update on Titanic's request to head the door staff?

Simster - which position do you feel would be a match for your skills?

TLO - you're in.

Mendoza - I like you. I always have. Again - over to the current members of the committe - you need to approach Easy 10, Simster and TLO with a request to join the committe.

Clearly of course Gus poyet is the club Patron.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
President. I'll be President, or "El Presidente" for FLAIRNIACS everywhere.

Which means I do f*** all, so it's "as you were" really isn't it.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Just seen you response Titanic - goodness me you've blown me over. cant see the committee not welcoming you into this position.

TLO - rebecca is onto barnes' people (person) now. I think we can keep this low-key. But if Barnes does kick off and try and come here of an evening - Titanic....remove him!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have no hesitation in ratifying Mendoza's application. He clearly has a firm grasp on the flair values we are striving to promote at Club Gus, and will be a real asset to the team.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
... I think we can keep this low-key. But if Barnes does kick off and try and come here of an evening - Titanic....remove him!

It'll be my pleasure, sir.

Is this 'remove' as in a good natured refusal of entry, or a swift knee in the bollocks and stern warning not to darken our doors again, sir?

Clearly Storer68 can be ruled out of any position.

Splitter..............:tantrum::laugh:

http://www.seagullshop.co.uk/fetch_image.php?resource=/files/gifts/navy_tie_grass.JPG&width=100
fetch_image.php

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Congrats Medoza - you're in. please agree with existing committee members a suitable role for you within club Gus.

titanic - your call. What I do NOT want to see is Club Gus splashed all over the red tops tomorrow morning giving the imnpression that this is another Whisky Mist etc etc - this is not a club for the John terry's of this world.

Quiet, discreet and discerning - I would like to see that approach throughout members and committee members act Club Gus.

But Titanic - if he creates do what is needed to nullify the situation.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Oh and Titanic - I'm not sir to anyone - we are all here to ensure that the Gus Poyets and like-minded gentlemen have a suitable place to visit without the trash of this world making a nuisance of themselves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apols, called away to a meeting.

Can we run through one or two contingency plans then ?

What will be the protocol if, say, Dwayne rolls up unanounced from Chinawhites in his suit with the Versace buttons and a Minogue sister hanging on each arm, claiming that he's a friend of Arrigo Sacchi ? Do we have him wait in the foyer whilst checks are made ? Can another member sign him in ? Or do we get Titanic to give him a membership application form (24 hour cooloff period before it can be processed), and send him on his way, giving the committee a chance to properly peruse his application before (obviously) declining it ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I thank you all for your kind words, today is a great day in my life to be associated with the greats of NSC.

I think for my position to beomce tenable with the rest of the elite, I should become an AMBASSADOR of Club Gus - spreading the word to the rest of the world via tweets, facebook updates and skywriting. It is then my duty to make Club Gus a global brand by mixing it with the likes of the Brighton Sausage shop, RDF and River Island

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
titanic - your call. What I do NOT want to see is Club Gus splashed all over the red tops tomorrow morning giving the imnpression that this is another Whisky Mist etc etc - this is not a club for the John terry's of this world.

Quiet, discreet and discerning - I would like to see that approach throughout members and committee members act Club Gus.

But Titanic - if he creates do what is needed to nullify the situation.

Quite, sir. Discretion is my middle name. Well actually it's John, but you know what I mean, sir.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Mendoza - firstly welcome and it is fact my priviledge to be associated with such greats here at NSC.

I think you ahve just come up with a great idea - how can we turn Club Gus into a phenomena? A global brand of footballs first elite virtual club. Use every social networking site available, twitter, facebook, google - the lot.

Keep us informed of ideas and let me know when we can expect our first press release - perahps we should see how far we could take this!

Easy - I don;t like the sound of this Dwayne character......Kylie - yes perhpas. Dannii - no chance. Plastic, with a constant look of surprise on that over botoxed face. Too near the fire and the stupid woman will melt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here