Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This guy always looks rather DAPPER, and if he grew that fabulous tache back I'd say his membership would be a mere formality. Has openly expressed his disdain at todays superstar footballers, and comes across as a thoughful and intelligent pundit. I would happily share my tin of snuff with such a man.

But if the committee deems to turn him down, I'M not telling him.
I'm not sure about him Easy. That kid he's with seems to have taken it upon himself to wear a soccer shirt to school. Do we really want this sort of riff raff in the club?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The man in my avatar Gunther Netzer should be allowed in:

E04neu.jpg

AND he used to own a nightclub and drive a different sportscar every week in the '70s...

Oh no...wait...
mfb-4748160-netzer-goldenes-jacket-quer,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=263.jpg

FAIL

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One thing does occur to me...is there ANYONE on this board who would get into this club?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Would Hope Powell get in?

To a gentlemans club?

er....consulting certain legal situations....pass to the committee in general for a considered response.

Souness in? Ok - if that is the wish of the committee....Collina not? Any reasons??

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
TLO - I think Icy Gull has a point....Souness has a reputation for disorderly and provocative behaviour.

You are completely correct in wanting to consider sartorial presentation - however as Chairman I urge you not to allow us to have a policy akin to clubs in West Street - where they would turn away Al Gore if he had trainers on, but let fred West in if he had a smart pair of shoes on.

Clothing is of course a huge ingredient as to a gentlemans character - but one can also be misled with the clever positoning of brogues and slacks.

However as always must be the case it is the decision of the committee through majority.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i would defo's let collina in

I fear this club may have a membership secretary who struggles to see beyond clothes when style and panache should be the criteria :(

I am assuming TLO means sartorial elegance rather than sartorial eloquence as I must to confess that I haven't a clue what that means ??

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here