Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
It is a tough one to call - only Gus has the answers I suspect. What does the discerning man about town wear in deep winter when looking to be authoritative, yet approachable, suave yet comfortable.....I can't wait for the next installement of 'How to look Gus Poyet'.

This man is FLAIR - and he knows it. Thanks Russell, thanks Micky and thanks Mark.......but frankly you guys would not even get in the queue to Club Gus.

This is continental style meets Latin American Flair - calm authority meets deadly steel.

What next from the poyet wardrobe - I'm on tenterhooks and I love it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It is a tough one to call - only Gus has the answers I suspect. What does the discerning man about town wear in deep winter when looking to be authoritative, yet approachable, suave yet comfortable.....I can't wait for the next installement of 'How to look Gus Poyet'.

This man is FLAIR - and he knows it. Thanks Russell, thanks Micky and thanks Mark.......but frankly you guys would not even get in the queue to Club Gus.

This is continental style meets Latin American Flair - calm authority meets deadly steel.

What next from the poyet wardrobe - I'm on tenterhooks and I love it.

Why would anyone want to club Gus?

It's not a very nice thing to do.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Superb attention to detail with the final FLOURISH of donning cufflinks (a birthday present from Mrs Gus perhaps ?).

No that was a blowie, it said so in The Times :dunce:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Suits for matchdays, but this is where Gus stocks up on leisurewear.

ducks-gaucho-horse600x400.jpg

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
TLO - for fecks sake get with the program.

Club Gus is the new nightspot in London for the man about town. Think Wodehouse, think Drones - but for the modern man.

Would any of the recent Managerial encumbents (Spelling?) get into such an establishment. I suspect not.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't the normal attiore of Managers Suit for away games, tracksuit for home games.

We'll find out if Gus breaks this trend tomorrow!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On the 'who gets in or not' question - Russell Slade clearly struggles to get past the rope, with or without the baseball cap.

I reckon Chris Coleman makes it in.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Careful Tooting Gull - you're on dangerous ground there. Coleman is up there with Southgate....a veneer of respectability that may tempt one of the recpetionists at Club Gus to allow entry.

HOwever as one is Welsh and the other is well-known Chavepikey with history they would drink shots, sing loudly and ruin the ambient atmosphere that club Gus is renown for.

Be careful - Club Gus is famous because it is not who is a member - its becuase of who is NOT.

Mourinho possibly - if seconded by a respected existing member.

Ranieri - yes - a gentleman.

Wise? Get out of this club you depraved, disgusting little bird shit.

So who else would you formally propose for membership?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Careful Tooting Gull - you're on dangerous ground there. Coleman is up there with Southgate....a veneer of respectability that may tempt one of the recpetionists at Club Gus to allow entry.

HOwever as one is Welsh and the other is well-known Chavepikey with history they would drink shots, sing loudly and ruin the ambient atmosphere that club Gus is renown for.

Be careful - Club Gus is famous because it is not who is a member - its becuase of who is NOT.

Mourinho possibly - if seconded by a respected existing member.

Ranieri - yes - a gentleman.

Wise? Get out of this club you depraved, disgusting little bird shit.

So who else would you formally propose for membership?
Roy Hodgson - but for off peak membership only? He's a gent, but obviously doesn't cut it in the style stakes. However, he'd be tucked up in bed by 9.30pm so it's not a problem.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
good call Simster - no problem with him joining in early evening drinks and light refreshment - but perahps beyond him to be there in the early hours......how do we feel about about Wenger??

By the way Venables is blackballed for life. He is just the man that Club Gus will have nothing to do with.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Christ in a bucket Easy 10 - you're right - Capello a complete shoe-in. I'll get Rebecca to write to his people now and get a formal life membersip over to him asap.

Sorry for the administrative oversight.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Are you sure London is the right place for Club Gus? It's beginning to sound as if no British people would be allowed entry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here