Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I have never trusted a man in a tie:

Tony Blair
William Hague
Gordon Brown

The list goes on.

Suit but NO tie is both practical and suave.

Gus is so cool that he could go on a run worse than that of Jeff Wood and I'd still love him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
john1.jpg

I was going to suggest this chap for membership to Club Gus, but on reflection, I think he probably tries too hard.
Style and class needs to come naturally. I think Barnes has been badly advised.
What do you think Diggers ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is a fedora and a cigar still considered stylish these days? If so Malcolm Allison should be an honourary member.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is a fedora and a cigar still considered stylish these days? If so Malcolm Allison should be an honourary member.
Definitely NOT. However FEDERER looks suave in a suit and so he is IN, despite playing the wrong sport. And surely, the same applies to Jeremy Guscott.

I have never trusted a man in a tie:

Tony Blair
William Hague
Gordon Brown

The list goes on.

Suit but NO tie is both practical and suave.

Gus is so cool that he could go on a run worse than that of Jeff Wood and I'd still love him

suit but no tie is just forgetful. and anyway we have an official bespoke tailor........ http://www.greshamblake.com/

and we win BIG games when boses wear ties
images
images

and this IS ALL down to the TIE
bha2.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As well as the ever-impeccable Jogi Loew, I'd also nominate THIS man. In the corner, sipping on a mild and bitter. The George Cole of the place, if you will.

0,,12306~3719863,00.jpg

Never mind his stylish attire, a habit no doubt acquired perusing the boutiques of Zurich and Gstaad while managing Switzerland: his unmissable "well oi do declare" 1950s flat-vowel London accent is elecution's equivalent of a tailored three piece suit worn with a tie pin.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FEDERER looks suave in a suit and so he is IN, despite playing the wrong sport.

RogerFerderer-9676.jpg

Hmmm...are you SURE, Simster ?
I'd have to bring this faux-pais to the attention of the committee with a view to possible suspension of membership.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Easy - sorry to rain on the parade but Rebecca tells me Barnes has been on the phone almost every day asking to become a member.

This approach alone rules hhim OUT, that and the fact that the man is complete berk. Great player yes - but able to cut it with the intelligent members engaging in witty repartit with rapier-like wit>?

I've heard him on Channel 5 - it's a no. And that lucozade advert? Gets to my craw - fast.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As well as the ever-impeccable Jogi Loew, I'd also nominate THIS man. In the corner, sipping on a mild and bitter. The George Cole of the place, if you will.

0,,12306~3719863,00.jpg

Never mind his stylish attire, a habit no doubt acquired perusing the boutiques of Zurich and Gstaad while managing Switzerland: his unmissable "well oi do declare" 1950s flat-vowel London accent is elecution's equivalent of a tailored three piece suit worn with a tie pin.
Do KEEP UP, Colin. I nominated him ages ago. :dunce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RogerFerderer-9676.jpg

Hmmm...are you SURE, Simster ?
I'd have to bring this faux-pais to the attention of the committee with a view to possible suspension of membership.
That is RETRO FLAIR and in any case, he is clearly not in a SUIT.

So yes, I'm sure. Federer is a winner and a dreamboat. You might almost say he is the GUS of the tennis world, although his English accent is obviously *never* going to be as sexy as that of Sir GUS.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
ALERT!!!

We need a committe here at Club Gus....I would like to invite Simster, Easy 10 to join me - however this is a Club run by the people for the people.....as long as we approve of the people.

So please can we have some nominations and seconders (Spelling!) for a Committe.

The positions we need to fill:

Chairman
President
Membership Secretary
Subscription Secretary
PA to the Committe - rebecca has filled this position on an ad-hoc basis but is unable to commit to full time now the club is formally open.

Any other suggestions as to positions that should be available?

Does this need a new thread to ensure all NSC people have the chance to propose themselves and stand for election?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here