is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
He should be exempt, but he looks great avec scarf

guard_DenisDoyle.jpg

and with WAISTCOAT

610x.jpg

That's a cardigan rather than a waistcoat, me thinks. Still looks swell though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll apply for the position of Food and Beverage Secretary, providing authentic Uruguayan menu options and a well-stocked bar of wines and beers for the committee's approval.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy - sorry to rain on the parade but Rebecca tells me Barnes has been on the phone almost every day asking to become a member.

This approach alone rules hhim OUT, that and the fact that the man is complete berk. Great player yes - but able to cut it with the intelligent members engaging in witty repartit with rapier-like wit>?

I've heard him on Channel 5 - it's a no. And that lucozade advert? Gets to my craw - fast.

Fair enough, I can't argue with that. I admit to having some reservations over nominating him in the first place, but was seeking to in some way redress the balance and get some more English membership against the continental flairmeisters. Its no easy task.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Simster with a committe in place we would be able to have a fair decision on Storer68 being invited to stand or join the club.

however I am reluctant to have / allow/ encourage any ties at all. Simply because you cannot legislate for some twit turning up with a poor tie. At this time of year you can almost guarantee some fool wearing a christmas theme tie.

And that my friends is a SINE DIE offence.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Titanic - you sound a potential candidate certainly - however one of the criteria for this position is that youu demosntrate the ability to present the club in its best light - firm, but polite, authority but with manners and decorum.

My main concern is that you would appear to some as being a typical traditional doorman - this is a welcoming positioning......however until the committe is formed I cannot take responsibility for saying yes or no.

I am simply one of the founder members - the success of Club Gus hinges on a slick committee and happy relaxed members.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Easy - what position do you see as a good fit for you

Same for Simster - any ideas as to what would work for you - we need to ensure that members are quickly welcomed, and the riff raff is sent to Croydon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster with a committe in place we would be able to have a fair decision on Storer68 being invited to stand or join the club.

however I am reluctant to have / allow/ encourage any ties at all. Simply because you cannot legislate for some twit turning up with a poor tie. At this time of year you can almost guarantee some fool wearing a christmas theme tie.

And that my friends is a SINE DIE offence.
I really couldn't agree more, Diggers, which I guess is the reason why you've put me on the committee. And any twat who might consider wearing a cartoon tie (perhaps featuring Dennis the Menace or The Simpsons) should also be instantly dismissed out of hand for any future membership. This more or less rules out the entire SSN Saturday football panel - Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas, Matt Le Tiss and Paul Merson can all expect to jog on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is your Club Diggers, so I nominate you as chairman.
Could I be Treasurer ? I will report directly to yourself and the committee on all funding issues, membership fees and will also oversee collection of lapsed fees from members with a variety of imaginative, innovative measures, were I permitted to put together my own team.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Ten and Mr Simster

I would like to apply for the position of Membership Secretary at Club Gus.

I can spell, count, write and think without falling over. I am discrete, discerning, yet can organise a good bash while filtering out the riff-raff from the hatstands from the gentlemen.

A prompt response would be most appreciated.

Yours
TLO

PS I know where the bodies are buried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports