• Badly

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Neither positively or negatively

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes and lose, costing you a small fortune, with the maybe highly embarrasing gross misconduct charges being published in the public domain. :lolol:

I agree with you as well.

Sometimes the pragmatic approach is best to move life on, even if there is a financial hit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If I felt I had done nothing wrong, that either I didn't do what I was accused of, or no right thinking person would consider what I did gross misconduct and my employers came to me with the choice "take a fraction of what we owe you, or we'll fire you and put the black mark of gross misconduct on you"*, and I had enough money to stand up for the principle, I would not accept that fraction. I'd either hold out for what I feel is an acceptable portion of what I'm owed, or take the gross misconduct charge and clear my name through court.

(*simple hypothetical, not suggesting that to be what has happened in any case living or dead)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If I felt I had done nothing wrong, that either I didn't do what I was accused of, or no right thinking person would consider what I did gross misconduct and my employers came to me with the choice "take a fraction of what we owe you, or we'll fire you and put the black mark of gross misconduct on you"*, and I had enough money to stand up for the principle, I would not accept that fraction. I'd either hold out for what I feel is an acceptable portion of what I'm owed, or take the gross misconduct charge and clear my name through court.

(*simple hypothetical, not suggesting that to be what has happened in any case living or dead)

I respect that opinion as well.

I don't like posters telling other posters though how they ( the one being told ) would act , as situations are complex and we all view life differently with individual priorities.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'll allways respect what he done for us but as others have said the way the club was going helped him, Wherever he ends up next they will enjoy the Gus Bus but then soon realise the journey isn't as smooth as they thought it would be.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

You say that, but he was sacked for gross misconduct and he has yet to pursue this through the court.

That is his choice, but until he goes to court and this all comes out I would not doubt the clubs integrity in terminating his employment for the reasons chosen. Do I trust Gus or Bloom? I am sorry but there is only one answer.

I would have fired him after the angry email he sent out to the world by the way, and it makes you wonder what he was like behind closed doors. So there are still more questions than answers.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Contesting anything in court is never a dead cert, so making a smaller offer with the "deal, or no deal" is what can [has?] happen.

Many of the above threads are trying to argue that taking a percentage cut of what is owed to someone is something that they would not do and would fight for what is owed to them. Indeed, but add the word "think", as in taking a percentage cut of what they THINK is owed and suddenly the deal or no deal needs more careful consideration.

It then becomes a matter of personal choice, some will choose to deal, others will hold out in the hope of something better. We are all different and it is only possible to know if you made the right decision after the "game" has run its course.

Ooh, I'd love to be the banker ....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A quality manager who, in his first job let's remember, guided a team from near the bottom of league One to the top end of the Championship playing some lovely football, so much so that Brighton became a team KNOWN for it's style.

I remember him stating Adam El Abd was the best defender at the club and people LAUGHING. Who would have thought he could turn him into a defender willing to bring the ball out of defence comfortably? Crazy to think.

Gutted how it ended, but will always be grateful. Left us quite a nice present in Ulloa as well.

AEA is a very good player but your eulogising seems to have him in the same vein as Des Walker or Beckenbauer. I think he reads the game very well, antagonizes the opponents whilst remaining in control, wins more headers than he should for his height and is a big asset to the squad but please, he never came forward with the ball looking comfortable!!

My view of Poyet is one of disappointment. First of all, he did well riding the crest of a wave of optimism with the Amex looming as well as the funding of Bloom. However, the disappointment is that I never got the impression that he felt Brighton were good enough for him, something he never denied as he always wanted to manage at a higher level. I don't look on him as some Albion legend because that word is bandied around far too easily. Managers come and go but whilst he was here, he didn't bleed blue and white like others such as Mullery did.

He had the opportunity to do something even better here but became impatient and the fact that he wanted to leave before our biggest home league fixture of the season shows him in a very poor light.

Also, the idea that he was the only manager who has contacts or the only person that could have got us promoted is truly ludicrous. The problem is we don't know whether anyone else would have done better or worse.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I remember him for a fantastic last season at Withdean.loved that season,but on the flip side just can't understand why he went so negative in the play offs when it was so obvious what our best chance of beating Palace was.so its a mixed bag for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Respect for what he did on the pitch and the players he brought in. No love for his touting and his self love. I am not sad he's gone but I am for the way it ended.

My two favourite Albion managers of all time - Mullers & Gus.

Both a bit spikey and different, both brought great success to the Albion.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I will remember him for the ******** he is. I am really delighted that I was proved right about him, and glad we havemoved on to someone who appears to respect the fans and cares about entertaining us.

Guy who?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Walt's blog sums it up very well.

I saw some of the best football in 40 years of watching the Albion. Warm to Gus? Yes. Love him in the way I feel about Steve Gritt (or even Russell Slade), No.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I will remember him for the ******** he is. I am really delighted that I was proved right about him, and glad we havemoved on to someone who appears to respect the fans and cares about entertaining us.

Guy who?

You have not been proved right about anything, ever. Apart from that bigotry comes from ignorance.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
In his early days I thought he was the dogs bo*****s, but I noticed after our last home game last season while the team were walking around the pitch taking the applause and thank you's frpm the fans Gus appeared to be bored as if he would rather be somewhere else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly, as a bit of a knob.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
You say that, but he was sacked for gross misconduct and he has yet to pursue this through the court.

That is his choice, but until he goes to court and this all comes out I would not doubt the clubs integrity in terminating his employment for the reasons chosen. Do I trust Gus or Bloom? I am sorry but there is only one answer.

I would have fired him after the angry email he sent out to the world by the way, and it makes you wonder what he was like behind closed doors. So there are still more questions than answers.

Am I missing something blatantly obvious here. If you're sacked for gross misconduct and don't agree, then you take your former employers to the employment tribunal, and there are laid out timescales & procedures to follow. You can't take your employers to court. In theory, if the employment tribunal found in your favour, you could then sue for defamation of character and so on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports