Votes: 100 37.5%
  • Badly

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Neither positively or negatively

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As the man who owned Galileo and convinced a global superstar to play for our lowly club. A man who could sell homosexuality to Uganda. A man so confident in himself that he messed up a good thing.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You don't see the relevancy?

You highlighted Poyet's comment that it would make no sense to have told Bloom he wanted to leave in the summer, but then turn down Reading. However, when Taricco was asked about the Reading speculation (a few days after it happened), he implied that Reading would hold no interest for them (he used the word "we", clearly indicating he was talking about Poyet and himself).

The fact that Poyet turned down Reading (if, indeed, it was ever offered to him) only tells us that the Reading "project" was not an attractive proposition.

Irrelevant because the whole quote actually implies that GP hadn't asked to leave.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Irrelevant because the whole quote actually implies that GP hadn't asked to leave.

You mean, the "We've got a long-term contract" bit? Then go back and read post #106, to see how much Poyet values contracts (in his own words).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
[yt]tVnhgIAA7jc[/yt]

This will be my over riding memory. Its a shame, he did wonders for us really.

He is obviously bitterly disappointed there but has fallen into the trap of basically spitting the dummy out in the heat of the moment,basically giving the board an ultimatum.......

i doubt he will do it again , not in front of a camera anyway..........it was brilliant while it lasted but unfortunately turned poisonous very quickly at the end.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Give me a break, you can strongly feel anything but it doesn't make you right. Sometimes it's best just to move on without fuss under mutual consent and then there are no charges to dispute, they would have been dropped and forgotten. Now everyone is curious to what they were, including us.

I strongly feel that writing an angry email to all BHAFC and AITC which leaked out to the world was unforgivable, and that is what we do all know. There is a line which has to be drawn and you can argue how grey or how blurred it was as much as you like, but he was in it.

I beleived up until the moment he was sacked that he should have offered his resignation because it would have been better for him and us. I was hoping this for his own good.

Oooohh, an angry email! The cad! The bounder! How very dare he! An angry email - be gone, dark soul!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Searched the Argus website and can't find the quote to which you have referred - do you have a link please?

Tanno3.jpg

Tanno4.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who? :jester:

If the BBC, and others, insist on trotting out the "sacked LIVE on air" line, then –*at the other end of the spectrum – this interview is pretty much a resignation live on air.

[yt]tVnhgIAA7jc[/yt]

This will be my over riding memory. Its a shame, he did wonders for us really.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Voted 'Respect but not love' ... Think Gus (and the team around him) did a brilliant job right up until the 2nd leg playoff match - now time to move on and support OG :)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Massive respect for what Gus did, but never felt he was truly 'in love' with the club and cared more about himself at the end. So respect is my vote.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think a lot of peoples opinions will change over time depending on how well he does in the future...

If he goes on to be a success over time people will forget and will want to praise his time at the club and say we gave him the chance bla bla.

if he does badly, he will be remembered badly and laughed at as he should have kept quiet and stuck with us, how things could have been different for him.

people love hindsight and in my opinion thats how things will pan out over time.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Won league 1 thats it

Selfish, and egotistical.

'That's it' ?????

He may indeed be selfish and egotistical but I hardly think that shrinks his achievements at this club - which include the highest league finish since 1983, not to mention the transformation of the playing style - to 'Won league 1.'

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You can make light of it as much as you want monkey brain, that was a serious breach of contract trying to discredit the club and more importantly Tony Bloom in the public domain.

What ARE you talking about :lolol:

You realise Gus sent that internally...not to the papers, right?

The email didn't bother me personally. It was meant to stay internal and thus was not a public announcement. Obviously, in hindsight it was incorrect as Gus had assumed, based on what Palace had told him, that someone had done it as a prank (we now know different). But it was clear in the tone that he was bloody gutted to have lost that match and felt aggrieved that it had seemingly given Palace an extra motivation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here