• Neither positively or negatively

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
What ARE you talking about :lolol:

You realise Gus sent that internally...not to the papers, right?

The email didn't bother me personally. It was meant to stay internal and thus was not a public announcement. Obviously, in hindsight it was incorrect as Gus had assumed, based on what Palace had told him, that someone had done it as a prank (we now know different). But it was clear in the tone that he was bloody gutted to have lost that match and felt aggrieved that it had seemingly given Palace an extra motivation.

If you send out a few hundred emails to all BHAFC, AITC and the Marketing staff, and it leaks out to several media outlets, which is exactly what would happen if you mass mail. It is an attempt to undermine your employer to all other employees in the first instance, that secondly ended up in the public domain because of the lack of due diligence by the sender.

If he had a problem he should have raised his concerns directly to the board, not the general staff who may or may not treat it confidentially.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If he had a problem he should have raised his concerns directly to the board, not the general staff who may or may not treat it confidentially.

If my manager sent an email to the whole company and I leaked it to the press then my manager would be to blame because I'm just 'general' staff?

Poyet can be blamed for A LOT...but I just can't see how an email leaked by someone else (a member of staff) is his fault.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If my manager sent an email to the whole company and I leaked it to the press then my manager would be to blame because I'm just 'general' staff?

Poyet can be blamed for A LOT...but I just can't see how an email leaked by someone else (a member of staff) is his fault.

You are missing the point, he shouldn't have sent out the email to everyone as it was certain to leak.

Once you get beyond the dressing room incident in his email he then goes on to say:

2)...would someone ??? like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you ??? it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming the result of the game on this ???, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.

My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from others within the club...whoever you are ???, you ??? let the club down very badly.

Gus Poyet'

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You are missing the point, he shouldn't have sent out the email to everyone as it was certain to leak.

Once you get beyond the dressing room incident in his email he then goes on to say:

2)...would someone ??? like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper - can I tell you ??? it was an extremely silly idea and the result was an annoying noise - I am not for one minute blaming the result of the game on this ???, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings along with the rubbish filled balloons that littered the pitch.

My team of players and staff have worked hard this season and I do not appreciate negative actions from others within the club...whoever you are ???, you ??? let the club down very badly.

Gus Poyet'

which bit of that do you disagree with?

Also doesn't fit with the narrative that Gus didn't care about the second leg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
which bit of that do you disagree with?

Also doesn't fit with the narrative that Gus didn't care about the second leg

I don’t personally give an orangutans arse about what he said, but the board would have a different view to you about undermining the club in the public domain. Hence he was fired by Bloom so surely you cannot argue with that?

Where have I said that Gus didn’t care about the second leg?

If you want to have a debate please put some thought into it rather than picking random bananas out the tree.

Because he should not have sent this memo to every member of staff; it's for someone who's actually running the business/company to do this - ie the chairman, directors, CEO - if they deem it appropriate. GP should have sent this to whoever he reported to and let them deal with it. I remember reading the text that was published in the papers at the time and thinking that, if genuine, he looked out of order and seemed to be criticising/undermining senior BHA management in front of the entire company. That's pretty crass behaviour and is going to lead to a difficult interview with your boss at the very least. It's also naïve to the point of disbelief to imagine that the text isn't going to leaked to the media and so when it is then you (GP) are responsible because you circulated the memo knowing what was likely to happen. To me, such behaviour from a senior manager would be unacceptable and inexcusable.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don’t personally give an orangutans arse about what he said, but the board would have a different view to you about undermining the club in the public domain. Hence he was fired by Bloom so surely you cannot argue with that?

If you want to have a debate please put some thought into it rather than picking random bananas out the tree.

He can't possibly have been fired for the email jym - can he? He didn't put it in the public domain and I still can't see how it undermines the club. Perhaps the clacker thing, but sometimes idiotic decisions need to be pointed out. and I never said it was your narrative but its a very common opinion on here. also banana's don't grow on trees. I think that's all I disagree with about your post :thumbsup:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He can't possibly have been fired for the email jym - can he? He didn't put it in the public domain and I still can't see how it undermines the club. Perhaps the clacker thing, but sometimes idiotic decisions need to be pointed out. and I never said it was your narrative but its a very common opinion on here. also banana's don't grow on trees. I think that's all I disagree with about your post :thumbsup:

If you believe the stories of the rift that existed between Bloom and Barber and the management you could very easily assume that this might well have been the straw that broke the camels back. You don't bite the hand that feeds you and this is just one more thing that suggests he had too much self esteem and too little respect for those around him.

That aside, I voted fondly. The last couple of months should not cloud all the memories of a fabulous three and a half year tenure. He was never going to be here forever and I kind of respect his honesty in being so open about that. There is some utter tripe spouted about loyalty in football. I'm sad that it ended the way that it did but thankful for what we achieved and that we did it in style.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah, EVERYONE does that. I wouldn't even put it on my CV. It's the footballing equivalent of a GCSE...

Actually, for those older amongst us, it is more like a CSE. When you go for a Premier League managers position they are probably looking more for top end 'O' levels!!

Barry Lloyd actualy achieved more than Gus Poyet......

With considerably less resources and with a board that was dragging the club down.

It doesn't matter whether it was leaked or not. All the staff that received it will see it as an attack on those above Poyet in the management structure. I don't believe he was sacked just because of the email but that was a culmination of events that probably started even before he rang Bloom before the Palace game saying he wanted out!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
and still it goes on

The Sunderland debate and all the underlying thoughts around that (will he/won't he, will they/won't they) is something I find really fascinating and the outcome is still anyone's guess. I'll still be contributing likely even after the decision, which will no doubt lead to yet more speculation

The rest I don't give a stuff about

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How can this thread be 8 pages long with no mention of this:

When I think of Gus Poyet, that's what I'll remember first.

Love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports