• Badly

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Neither positively or negatively

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Likewise... he took us as far as he was capable of taking us (which was a long and exciting journey) and am looking forward to going on the next journey with Oscar.

I'd suggest it was like an early girlfriend (not first love). It was fun and we had some great times, but ultimately, she wasn't the one and it ended quite messily - I think she still has a load of my records but I'm not contacting her to get them back!

I went out with one similar . She was average when I met her but quickly morphed into a stunner . This meant she knew she could have a model looking bloke who earns better money than me . When we were good we were good . I caught her flirting with blokes but forgave her but it all came to a head one day and she said some things about my penis size I couldn't forgive . I still remember our good times but how could she question my manhood and flirt with those blokes .

Apparently she never talks about me now like I never existed .

It's ok though as my new girlfriend has actually turned out to be as good looking , loyal and better in bed .

Jimmy Grimble

Knew it wouldn't be long before a girlfriend analogy come out :lolol:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I say that he went insane for love
I don't care what they tell us
I don't want to know
They even try to sell I and I
Couldn't live with his conscience
He had to pay the consequences

Misty in Roots : Judas Iscariot

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This pole needs a 'mixed emotions' option. His success as a manager of the players / his achievements on the pitch will be fondly remembered by me. However, his huge mouth, and self-centred, egotistical, arrogant character will be remembered by me with nothing but disgust.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I know it coincided with the AMEX & lot of goodwill but still the best football I can ever remember us playing in my lifetime!
A manager will not & never will feel the same for the club as we do, so way he left doesn't spoil my memory of him.
If/when he returns with another team he will get applause from me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This pole needs a 'mixed emotions' option. .

Happy Pole
th

Sad Pole

th

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A quality manager who, in his first job let's remember, guided a team from near the bottom of league One to the top end of the Championship playing some lovely football, so much so that Brighton became a team KNOWN for it's style.

I remember him stating Adam El Abd was the best defender at the club and people LAUGHING. Who would have thought he could turn him into a defender willing to bring the ball out of defence comfortably? Crazy to think.

Gutted how it ended, but will always be grateful. Left us quite a nice present in Ulloa as well.

100% this.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would have respected him if he offered his resignation like a man, rather than waiting to be sacked on the deadline.

No hard feelings though, just a sense of amusement and looking forward to him being tested in the Prem. Then we can judge him as a manager on what he does in the future not his past. Gus still has questions to answer in this regard and this is what makes it interesting to me.

I do keep wondering if Gus won us promotion, or this credit should really be attributed to Glenn Murray :whistle: who was key in Palace's Prem promotion :whistle:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fondly, without doubt.

We had three fantastic years of progress under him which set us up nicely for what Oscar is starting to achieve. Were it not for the work that Gus, Tano and Charlie did then we would have been a far less attractive proposition for Oscar to take over.

Just a shame it all went tits at the end.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The one thing I will remember about Poyet isn't anything to do with his football, but the amount of pointless threads on NSC there were about him after he was fired.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Amazing manager & I liked him as an individual too. Albion legend, who I would welcome back with open arms in the future.

The only thing that would change that is if he started slagging us off in the press, or went mental celebrating against us if one day he was managing against us - but I have absolute confidence that he is not like that.

This. Pretty certain he loved his time here bar the final 6 months, with whatever went on between him and Barber/Board etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fondly, without doubt.

We had three fantastic years of progress under him which set us up nicely for what Oscar is starting to achieve. Were it not for the work that Gus, Tano and Charlie did then we would have been a far less attractive proposition for Oscar to take over.

Just a shame it all went tits at the end.

And this.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have nothing but fond memories of his tenure here. He did a great job and I respect that, I hugely enjoyed watching the Albion whilst he was here.

However the manner of his demise has taken some of the shine from his reign, so my respect for him as a person is somewhat diminished.

If he gets the Sunderland job and brings them to the Amex, I'd applaud him to acknowledge how far he brought the club forward, he deserves that in my opinion. Shame he was such a dick towards the end though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would have respected him if he offered his resignation like a man, rather than waiting to be sacked on the deadline.

Why on earth would he offer his resignation if - as he has stated - he believed he didn't do anything wrong? Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here