Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Neither positively or negatively

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why on earth would he offer his resignation if - as he has stated - he believed he didn't do anything wrong? Bizarre.

It was obvious he was on his way out and he would have been wiser to resign than have the gross misconduct on his CV. Bloom gave him that chance.

Until we know the gross misconduct charges it would be impossible for you or anyone to judge what he did or didn't do, no matter how much he believed he didn't do anything wrong.

For the good of everyone and himself he should have walked away with his integrity intact. Tanno and Oatway did the right thing, Gus didn't.

D

Deleted User X18H

How will I remember Gus Poyet? As a nice bloke , who always answered my questions honestly an in depth , how ever irrelevant they might have been.

And as who somone who was appreciative, when I shifted a tabloid reporters contoversial question away, and put us back onto the Albion.

Nice man Gus. Always used to come in and have a chat and a coffee before the cameras started rolling at pre match press.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I agree with the "spoilt child" comparison.

He was great all the time he was getting his own way but the minute someone said "no" to him, he went off on one.

I used to think he was the best thing since sliced bread but I lost all respect for him after his behaviour over the Suarez affair and his numerous other rantings.

The last straw for me was the Palace semi-final home game. Not so much the result, but his behaviour and interview after the game. I felt betrayed, as a few others on here have said.

I haven't commented much on any of the threads about him on here so far as I just wish people would move on and get over it. He's gone, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a good riddance from me. Bit harsh, maybe, but that's how I feel about the whole sorry saga.

I want Oscar to succeed so very much, not just because he's a top bloke, but also so that we can lay the ghost of Gus to rest once and for all.

Rant over. Thank you for listening.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Until we know the gross misconduct charges it would be impossible for you or anyone to judge what he did or didn't do, no matter how much he believed he didn't do anything wrong.

For the good of everyone and himself he should have walked away with his integrity intact. .

That makes no sense.

We don't know what we did so we can't judge.....but my judgement is he should have walked away....

I know if I was accused of something and I STRONGLY felt I didn't deserve to be sacked for it, there is NO WAY I would even consider just walking away without attempting to defend my name. Would you?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He was the instigator by chance and skill of an epic era in my supporting days. It had the financial ever-giving sprinkle of TB on top of it, but with whatever the sometimes confusing babbling chatter was and tainted his time a tad, i'll remember it as a joyous era and its end remains a wound in my side, even if it's one that's healing. I'm thankful, to Gus, his team, and the club as a whole for that spell, but the way we played on a number of occasions was out of this world had me gobsmacked and in awe, and i'll revel every time i am reminded of it and dig images of it out of that little drawer in the recesses of my brain labelled ABSOLUTE BEAUTY.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know, I know, another Poyet thread.

Just noticed a lot of polarised discussion on Gus over the last few days and am interested to see how Brighton fans will remember him and his spell here.

I suspect his reputation here may improve over time, but I genuinely find it hard to fathom the vitriol some supporters seem to direct at him.

Anyone particularly bored, I did attempt a summary of this argument on my blog yesterday HERE

That's a great piece.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That makes no sense.

We don't know what we did so we can't judge.....but my judgement is he should have walked away....

I know if I was accused of something and I STRONGLY felt I didn't deserve to be sacked for it, there is NO WAY I would even consider just walking away without attempting to defend my name. Would you?

Give me a break, you can strongly feel anything but it doesn't make you right. Sometimes it's best just to move on without fuss under mutual consent and then there are no charges to dispute, they would have been dropped and forgotten. Now everyone is curious to what they were, including us.

I strongly feel that writing an angry email to all BHAFC and AITC which leaked out to the world was unforgivable, and that is what we do all know. There is a line which has to be drawn and you can argue how grey or how blurred it was as much as you like, but he was in it.

I beleived up until the moment he was sacked that he should have offered his resignation because it would have been better for him and us. I was hoping this for his own good.

Last edited:

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I'd suggest it was like an early girlfriend (not first love). It was fun and we had some great times, but ultimately, she wasn't the one and it ended quite messily - I think she still has a load of my records but I'm not contacting her to get them back!

Was she blatantly trying to shag better looking, richer blokes while you were together though?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth would he offer his resignation if - as he has stated - he believed he didn't do anything wrong? Bizarre.

Believe me, he KNOWS he did something wrong. Don't believe his BS.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Fondly.

The good times far outweighed the bad. In my opinion, he let himself down very badly towards the end and he had to go, but that in itself does not erase all the good that went before.

I will have a wry chuckle if it goes t|ts up at Sunderland (or wherever), but I don't actively wish ill on him........

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I must have missed something. Can you please explain how he is in any way being disrespectful at the moment?

Gus Poyet wants to manage Leeds
Gus Poyet wants to manage in the Premier League
Gus Poyet was given millions to spend on CMS, Ulloa, Van Dijk(ok - he didn't sign, but we offered £over £2.5 mil for him) and said that he had taken the team as far as he could.

Hmm...You're right I think you have missed something....The last 6 months of your life by the looks of it!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Fondly, an Albion legend who changed the club for the better in his time with us and then unfortunately lost the plot - perhaps he was too successful too quickly, anyhow I've moved on and I think most people with a sense of perspective may have too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"fondly" is spot on word i think. alot of adoration as lost through the manner of his leaving, even if one can look past the over-courting of moving to a bigger club (one doesnt mind ambition, but put up or shut up). the standard of what we expect on the pitch has greatly risen because of him.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I respect him and am incredibly grateful for all he done at the club, though the reported actions towards the end mean i wont fondly remember him.

I do want him to get the Sunderland job to see how he fares in the Premier League, hes either going to be very successful....or go down the di Canio route.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I remember him stating Adam El Abd was the best defender at the club and people LAUGHING.

I remember that very well too.

I think I kind of remember the OP trying to stir up some kind of 'story' about Adam El Abd's offer of a contract when other's hadn't been, but my memory fails me on this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was obvious he was on his way out and he would have been wiser to resign than have the gross misconduct on his CV. Bloom gave him that chance.

For the good of everyone and himself he should have walked away with his integrity intact. Tanno and Oatway did the right thing, Gus didn't.

You know for a fact that Gus was offered a settlement? Do you know how much that was?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He was the instigator by chance and skill of an epic era in my supporting days. It had the financial ever-giving sprinkle of TB on top of it, but with whatever the sometimes confusing babbling chatter was and tainted his time a tad, i'll remember it as a joyous era and its end remains a wound in my side, even if it's one that's healing. I'm thankful, to Gus, his team, and the club as a whole for that spell, but the way we played on a number of occasions was out of this world had me gobsmacked and in awe, and i'll revel every time i am reminded of it and dig images of it out of that little drawer in the recesses of my brain labelled ABSOLUTE BEAUTY.

As always, this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

As per, the best post in a thread is by Meade's Ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here