[Other Sport] How many points have you got on your driving licence?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can anyone beat Bianca Williams' 29 points on her licence at the age of 29? If she was as quick at running as she was at totting up licence points we might have an Olympic champion on our hands. Can anyone on here beat 29? I'm on a paltry 3.

Bianca Williams tots up licence points and six month ban

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Likely she’ll get 9 and three quarter points.

🫣.
scared ron weasley GIF by Harry Potter

Passenger wasn’t impressed though.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
I have none however got a letter today saying was caught on M25 doing 74mph in a 60mph limit. It was actually my misses driving to Harry Potter World !
She is a named driver with no convictions, hoping she'll get a speed awareness course or does it look like 3 points and a fine?
I hope she was going in the Right Direction

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
6 points and a speed awareness course. I was caught at the same speed camera three times in a week [Lewes Road , Coldean Lane junction]. Coming off the A27 into Brighton I thought the limit was 40 along there. Unfortunately by the time I received letter in post about the first speeding offence I was already caught twice more.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
You can understand why your initial post is a bit confusing?

Lecturing others for driving too fast whilst doing something more dangerous than probably almost any of us have ever done, and seeming almost weirdly proud of it...?
It was my poor attempt at humorous irony, for which I am sorry. Sorry you didn’t spot. Are you American?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I got a speeding ticket at the A27/Lewes Road turn off on my way to see a Chief Superintendent in October 2020. I'm sure the road was a 40 limit the week before and that's what the satnav said. 2nd speed awareness course and zero points on my licence. You must have to go some to get 29 points, that consistent mentalism.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
6 points and a speed awareness course. I was caught at the same speed camera three times in a week [Lewes Road , Coldean Lane junction]. Coming off the A27 into Brighton I thought the limit was 40 along there. Unfortunately by the time I received letter in post about the first speeding offence I was already caught twice more.
That got me too. I'm sure the limit changed, we can't have been paying attention.

Jul 7, 2003
I have none but have done 3 speed awareness courses in the past.
Same here.

After my last course at Hickstead, one of the people on my course went flying past me on the A23 at Pyecombe where there was the camera van parked up by the services. Fairly sure he would have picked up more points straight away.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Speed limits over here are generally adhered to by most, and utterly ignored by a few others. This leads to multiple lanes of motorway traffic sat monotonously next to each other with no attempt to clear lanes for faster moving traffic, so frustrating. My regular commute involves a section of toll toad which is a little clearer as Aussies do not like paying for road use of any kind.
When I first started using the route this felt like a little light relief when compared to the dull oppression of looking at the back of the same vehicle for km after km. The limit is 100kmh (boredom in itself) and when you can barely deviate from this for long periods it is almost sleep inducing. So I began using one short section to liven the journey up. Only about 2km, out of 35, just before I change roads onto a far more heavily congested section. I found it focussed my attention and gave a little break from the dullness. Not ridiculous speeds, but enough to actually feel like you were making progress. I might briefly touch 120kmh (about 75mph), but would be back down to 106 or 107 before taking the exit to join the next road.
Anyway, like you I received my first ticket but then had to wait about another two weeks to acquire them all. In total I git five, thankfully only one point each due to the camera reading about 3k h lower than my speedo, But the fines were painful, costing me nearly $2000. I now make sure that I know where the cameras are! I am now down to only one ‘live’ point, if I can get to zero I get an allowance of one minor speed offence every two years. Whoopie dooh!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I got done there and did a speed awareness course. Over half the people on the course got done by the same camera. It changed from a red light to a speed camera and I'm convinced they didn't have new signs / yellow sticker up for weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports