Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How many points have you got on your driving licence?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can anyone beat Bianca Williams' 29 points on her licence at the age of 29? If she was as quick at running as she was at totting up licence points we might have an Olympic champion on our hands. Can anyone on here beat 29? I'm on a paltry 3.

Bianca Williams tots up licence points and six month ban

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I estimate I’ve driven 596,000 miles in my lifetime. And I have never had a single penalty point on my license.

I think it’s disgusting that drivers wantonly put others at serious risk by driving at excessive speed, and they should educate themselves better on the potential consequences.

I was just the once stopped in the early 1990s doing 131mph on the M4 however.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
None. Although I have not driven a car for about 10 years.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I estimate I’ve driven 596,000 miles in my lifetime. And I have never had a single penalty point on my license.

I think it’s disgusting that drivers wantonly put others at serious risk by driving at excessive speed, and they should educate themselves better on the potential consequences.

Go on then, tell us about it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

A slight contradiction there, perhaps...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ah ... the middle lane blocker ;)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have none however got a letter today saying was caught on M25 doing 74mph in a 60mph limit. It was actually my misses driving to Harry Potter World !
She is a named driver with no convictions, hoping she'll get a speed awareness course or does it look like 3 points and a fine?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Go on then, tell us about it.
Sunday afternoon, tanking westbound through Wiltshire, road very empty, doing 131mph, entered a measured trap, saw the blue light about 600 yards ahead, stood it on its nose, got it down to a ton, stopped, sat in the back of the Vascar, shown the data, average speed in the measured quarter mile was 117mph, they asked “what do I have to say about that?” And I said “that’s pretty accurate equipment isn’t it?” Sent to court, 2 months ban and a very very very hefty fine. Been an Angel ever since.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I have none however got a letter today saying was caught on M25 doing 74mph in a 60mph limit. It was actually my misses driving to Harry Potter World !
She is a named driver with no convictions, hoping she'll get a speed awareness course or does it look like 3 points and a fine?
If it was 72, I think she might have got a course, but at 74 I think that’s points I’m afraid.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I still have my paper license, with the SP50 endorsement on it. That stands for “doing 50mph more than the speed limit” which is a badge of honour I bet few can claim.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We loved it there.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm a pretty terrible driver but have managed to pick up zero points and have had no accidents in the 23 years I've been driving!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Never any points no awareness courses, we were all sent on Defensive driving courses at work which were excellent. Used to do 50,000 miles per annum. Few accidents in my time no injuries to me or others, thank heavens,

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm a pretty terrible driver but have managed to pick up zero points and have had no accidents in the 23 years I've been driving!
You probably haven’t even spotted the trail of destruction left behind you, as other responsible drivers and pedestrians struggle to avoid your erratic and incompetent driving.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sunday afternoon, tanking westbound through Wiltshire, road very empty, doing 131mph, entered a measured trap, saw the blue light about 600 yards ahead, stood it on its nose, got it down to a ton, stopped, sat in the back of the Vascar, shown the data, average speed in the measured quarter mile was 117mph, they asked “what do I have to say about that?” And I said “that’s pretty accurate equipment isn’t it?” Sent to court, 2 months ban and a very very very hefty fine. Been an Angel ever since.
You can understand why your initial post is a bit confusing?

Lecturing others for driving too fast whilst doing something more dangerous than probably almost any of us have ever done, and seeming almost weirdly proud of it...?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Speed awareness.

My son was recently done twice on the same journey, doing 80 and 84 in two different counties. He has been invited to a speed awareness course but it is not yet clear whether he will also get 3 points.

I have done three speed awareness courses, but was once on 9 points (two hand held cameras claiming I was doing 35 and 36 in a 30 mile region in Northampton on separate occasions, and one Gatso for doing 55 during a 50 MPH temporary measure on the M25. All of which I consider to be vexatious attempts to make money off me.).

But, hang on, what am I thinking, posting a considered reply on a Crodo thread?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here