Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How many points have you got on your driving licence?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can anyone beat Bianca Williams' 29 points on her licence at the age of 29? If she was as quick at running as she was at totting up licence points we might have an Olympic champion on our hands. Can anyone on here beat 29? I'm on a paltry 3.

Bianca Williams tots up licence points and six month ban

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I still have my paper license, with the SP50 endorsement on it. That stands for “doing 50mph more than the speed limit” which is a badge of honour I bet few can claim.
I'm sorry to disappoint, but SP50 just means "Exceeding speed limit on a motorway".

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I had no idea. I read there were SP20s, 30s etc etc, so for 30+ years I’ve carried the guilt of SP50 with me every day, when I could have just said/thought “meh, so I was slightly over on the motorway, no biggie…”!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have none however got a letter today saying was caught on M25 doing 74mph in a 60mph limit. It was actually my misses driving to Harry Potter World !
She is a named driver with no convictions, hoping she'll get a speed awareness course or does it look like 3 points and a fine?
In her situation she'd be very unfortunate not to be offered the course, which she ought to take, to avoid the points.

You don't really 'save' the fine, of course, because you have to pay an equivalent fee to take the awareness course!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Never had any points on my licence in the UK or Canada. Although, given the standard of driving here, I think I'd have to do something really bad to get pulled over.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
None currently but I'm fairly certain some are on the way "in the post" :nono:
We always believe that. The amount of times I think I've been done for something.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I still have my paper license, with the SP50 endorsement on it. That stands for “doing 50mph more than the speed limit” which is a badge of honour I bet few can claim.
Wrong, so you can take smug look off your face :lolol: SP 50 is coding for speeding on a motorway. I had one on my paper licence for doing 60 in a 50 zone when average speed cameras first came out. Empty motorway at 0700 on a Sunday with no workman anywhere in sight. The size of the fine, number of points you get or speed you are doing does not change the coding I am pretty certain.

Edit - I see that @schmunk beat me to it

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I estimate I’ve driven 596,000 miles in my lifetime. And I have never had a single penalty point on my license.

I think it’s disgusting that drivers wantonly put others at serious risk by driving at excessive speed, and they should educate themselves better on the potential consequences.

I was just the once stopped in the early 1990s doing 131mph on the M4 however.
Were you landing or taking off? 😁

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
I have none however got a letter today saying was caught on M25 doing 74mph in a 60mph limit. It was actually my misses driving to Harry Potter World !
She is a named driver with no convictions, hoping she'll get a speed awareness course or does it look like 3 points and a fine?
Likely she’ll get 9 and three quarter points.

🫣.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have never had any speeding fine or any other endorsement but have been very fortunate in 37 years of driving (so far!)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I always thought obviously wrongly that if you were within a certain range of the said speed limit hen going over you could get a speed awareness and then over that it was an automatic fine and points. I don't know where i've got it from but i thought it was 10%+2mph, so over 79 mph when on the motorway would be automatic points.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always thought obviously wrongly that if you were within a certain range of the said speed limit hen going over you could get a speed awareness and then over that it was an automatic fine and points. I don't know where i've got it from but i thought it was 10%+2mph, so over 79 mph when on the motorway would be automatic points.
To be eligible for a speed awareness course, you need to meet the following criteria1234:
  • You haven't attended another speed awareness course in the last three years.
  • You admitted you were the driver and returned documents within 28 days.
  • The incident was less than 12 weeks ago.
  • You've been caught driving over 10% plus 2mph of the limit, but below 10% plus 9mph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here