Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the plastic fans taken over this club

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I never went to Withdean but I still give it my all at games, have a season ticket, don't have a 'second team' and would still go if we were relegated or had a bad run of results. I'm in it for the long haul and I think this makes my support as valid as anyone else's.

Jan 30, 2008
I never went to Withdean but I still give it my all at games, have a season ticket, don't have a 'second team' and would still go if we were relegated or had a bad run of results. I'm in it for the long haul and I think this makes my support as valid as anyone else's.
no problems there mowgli37 , it's the timy trendy's that have jumped on board :wink:
regards
DR

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh will u move on new fans bring money in shut the **** up

Your absolutely right(Apart from the shut the **** up bit, that's just rude!) However, I think DR is asking whether they will still be here when we have bad times in the future? I'ts a fair question imo. The more new fans the merrier i say - Just as long as they stay when the going gets tough, it's OK by me. Only time will tell i guess.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................don't think so ???
regards
DR

TOSSER

JCL since 85

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because of course The Goldstone was always jumping for 90 minutes. There isn't a single instance of the crowd being quiet back then - bloody JCRs have ruined The Amex for the real fans.

I hated that evil big bloody stand at the Goldstone. Might as well been a mural for all the support the shits in there gave. OK, they gave the club money up front for reasons best known to themselves but - jeez! - you sort of always felt they'd taken a wrong turning for the cricket ground or something.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just in the interests of stirring the sh*t a little...

Everyone had a first Albion game once... If the current crop of recently acquired fans "never have been, never will be" loyal fans... how is it that anyone who watched at the Goldstone was able to become a loyal fan.

Yes, success brings extra fans and failure loses them, but every brighton "fan" (regardless of age) goes to their first Brighton match at some point (I'm sure we can agree that if you could but never do go, you're not a fan in anyone's eyes). What makes you the king of f**king fandom just because your first game was at a different stadium than mine?

(Oh, and to answer the inevitable question... My first game was at Withdean, but my first season ticket was at Amex, so I'm scum!)
Not at all....my first game was 1958...but that does not make me a more or better fan than anyone else...we lost a lot of our fan base because of our move to Gillingham...a 140 mile round tripto see a 'home' game....we must welcome every newcomer...they are our future....nobody can tell you who to support...if you feel the love of the Albion....you will stay.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you want to fast track the Albion 'education' for the newbies there's no better tie than Palace home and away. In many ways the perfect play-off tie.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
JOL-allow me...........i went to the Goldstone with school mates on many occasion,we went to Gillingham sometimes and some went to Withdean on regular occasion,i did not,only a few times, so i applaud those that did....

Now then,here's the point.............we now have the Amex I (was) and 1 of the said friends(still is) close friends with a person(currently) closely connected with the club in an indirect way,this person was never seen with us at the Goldstone,but now claims lifelong supportership? he never went,he was old enough and used to ridicule Brighton and us for going at times.

He supported Man U and still does.......but can be seen every week at the Amex-that's the type the OP is on about..

I know at least 5 like this. One bloke I know recently moved to mid Sussex from Feltham. He's a trader and wedged up to the eyeballs Spurs fan man and boy but announced last summer that he was buying 2 STs for him and his missus. He goes every now and again if he hasn't got a corporate freebie to go on otherwise just leaves his seats empty. Bloke is a total cock.

He only got the STs on the off chance that Brighton go into the prem and he can go and watch some "proper" football.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I know at least 5 like this. One bloke I know recently moved to mid Sussex from Feltham. He's a trader and wedged up to the eyeballs Spurs fan man and boy but announced last summer that he was buying 2 STs for him and his missus. He goes every now and again if he hasn't got a corporate freebie to go on otherwise just leaves his seats empty. Bloke is a total cock.

He only got the STs on the off chance that Brighton go into the prem and he can go and watch some "proper" football.

Who cares, I agree he's a total dick but he's putting his money into our pockets.

We should be laughing at him not berating him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here