Have the plastic fans taken over this club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Your absolutely right(Apart from the shut the **** up bit, that's just rude!) However, I think DR is asking whether they will still be here when we have bad times in the future? I'ts a fair question imo. The more new fans the merrier i say - Just as long as they stay when the going gets tough, it's OK by me. Only time will tell i guess.

re- your picture. The Falklands are British. 98.9% of falkland islanders voted this ...have you even been there ? fool

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................don't think so ???
regards
DR

Don't be such a snob. Doesn't matter who supports the club or why, as long as the dosh they spend there helps fund the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................don't think so ???
regards
DR

Blimey. No need to have such a downer on your fellow fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
regards
DR
I wonder if it has anything to do with the influx of wealthy Londoners moving down for a better life in Sussex and deciding to support the local football team because it is a trendy thing to do ? We all know that many returning to the fold are JCBs from The Goldstone era bringing their kids and grandkids.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
YES i'm looking for some other club to take over the EXCITEMENT of having our ground sold from under us -- and Dean Wilkins, Bobby Z (sold), Adam (goldmine) Virgin, Barry LLLLLoyd and Rory Bremner being poached from under our collective noses.

I flipping hate enjoying a liittllee bit of wellll earrned gooooogling suucccceeeesssss.

PLASTICS - F OFF ..enjoy the (brief) good times - we all know this shit don't last forever - well don't we?

SEAGULLS - THICK OR THIN - WHY MOAN NOW ??????????????????

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Who cares if there are now 'plastic fans' they are the building blocks to our future success as a club, WHEN we go up we need the increase in revenue from ticket and shirt sales if we have any hope of staying up. Brighton is an evolving club and I for one as a fan of 24 years hope that the new fans are the old guard in ten years time when we are still in the Premiership and pushing for Europe(one can dream).

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Fans of whatever persuasion - plastic or otherwise - should always be welcome. Snobbery about "I've been here longer than you" is irrelevant. "Why didn't you come and watch Rochdale in the rain at Withdean" is a pointless argument.

We should be concerned that we keep a Chairman who loves the club - and don't fall prey to any kind of foreign investment. Look at all the clubs with foreign ownership which change their manager every five minutes and are now inherently unstable. Plastic mercenary players might be our real worry next season - but Gus's no nonsense approach should protect us from this if we reach Richard Scudamore's land of milk and honey.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Pretty pink fairy said:
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................d on't think so
regards
DR
Blimey. No need to have such a downer on your fellow fans.

That's because "Pretty pink fairy" is NOT a real BHA fan. Real fans don't slag off others supporting their club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many 500 pound seasons must a fan pay for before they are no longer 'plastic' ???

Maybe we'll find out when we get '4th season syndrome' or whatever the next piece of drivel that the palace dimwits come out with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's because "Pretty pink fairy" is NOT a real BHA fan. Real fans don't slag off others supporting their club.

That's unfair. Das does support the Albion. Unfortunately it's the Albion of 1976 that he still supports.

It's a shame for him. He's missed some good stuff since, and continues to do so.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Silly for us to all look and be the same. The more newcomers then surely we'll escape the stereotype of tourettish misshapen freaks that often dominate many a football crowd from the last few decades. I remember Villa away in the cup a few years back and for the 6000 of us all there, we were a truly ugly bunch. I also remember a trip to Milan about 10 years ago and at the San Siro how generally cool so many people looked. I don't see any problem with some normal-looking coolheads showing up, even if they're a bit quieter than the mad spitting bunch.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
That's unfair. Das does support the Albion. Unfortunately it's the Albion of 1976 that he still supports.

It's a shame for him. He's missed some good stuff since, and continues to do so.

What? So DR comes onto NSC slagging off 'Plastics/ JCL's ' but doesn't actually financially support The Albion himself? :nono:

this sort of sentiment is the reason I can't be arsed with nsc mostly nowadays. we had a crap atmosphere at withdean almost always. the atmosphere at the goldstone from 81 onwards was crap, except for the north stand. now we have a huge and full ground, that on big match days absolutely rocks! half the people i go with are from other towns originally and brighton is their second team. that is to be celebrated. when I lived in london if I couldn't go to the priestfield I would go and watch wimbledon or fulham, it's the same principle. you want to support the local team. it's hardly like the new fans are keeping the diehards out is it? the queue for season tickets isn't that long that died in the wool albion fans are denied a seat. there are definitely some quiet games at the amex when I wish there was more singing, but hey ho, a lot of the newbies don't know the old songs. The newbies bring their kids, their kids become the new diehard fans. What's to moan about? Except for a few sad sacks that feel they don't feel as important aas they once did.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We need all the new fans. Of course we do. They should all be welcome.

But it DOES annoy me when you hear people who never set foot in Withdean going on about how nervous they are and how massive Brighton fans they are. It shouldn't annoy me, but it does.

Of course there are lots of the new season ticket holders who occasionally went to Withdean. And many who were too young etc. But if the 16,000 odd new season ticket holders had all just gone to half a dozen games a season each at Withdean the place would have been full every week. It was easy to get tickets after the capacity went up. On the odd occasion I couldn't make it I couldn't even give my tickets away for games. I also know the club would regularly try to give away free tickets to staff at American Express in Brighton. They were often left with a huge pile and no takers.

Again, of course we need the new fans. Nobody is suggesting we don't. It just bugs me when people who couldn't give a shit about the Albion three years ago take to Twitter, Facebook etc to show off about how nervous they are today.

And as for people on Twitter who have a bio which reads along the lines of "Massive #bhafc and #Arsenal fan,"...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
this sort of sentiment is the reason I can't be arsed with nsc mostly nowadays. we had a crap atmosphere at withdean almost always. the atmosphere at the goldstone from 81 onwards was crap, except for the north stand. now we have a huge and full ground, that on big match days absolutely rocks! half the people i go with are from other towns originally and brighton is their second team. that is to be celebrated. when I lived in london if I couldn't go to the priestfield I would go and watch wimbledon or fulham, it's the same principle. you want to support the local team. it's hardly like the new fans are keeping the diehards out is it? the queue for season tickets isn't that long that died in the wool albion fans are denied a seat. there are definitely some quiet games at the amex when I wish there was more singing, but hey ho, a lot of the newbies don't know the old songs. The newbies bring their kids, their kids become the new diehard fans. What's to moan about? Except for a few sad sacks that feel they don't feel as important aas they once did.

Superb post, agree with every word.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wise words. Except to say I think 99.9% of NSC probably agree with you, so not sure why you're put off by this site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports