Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond Apologises Lets all move on

And those in the West Upper can throw bits of heavy masonry down on him, whether they believe the 'PR stunt apology' or not.

The Return of Dean Hammond - something for everyone.

I believe they call this a win, win situation.

:clap:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Quite right. What was he thinking about, moving up a division and trebling his salary? The bastard.

He came straight back down with them. When you're the captain of your hometown club, engineering a move to Colchester isn't on. I don't know what he was offered to stay but he wouldn't have been badly paid. If he had of moved straight to Southampton or even a team that were going someone it would have been fine. However moving to a such a tinpot, shit club like Colchester is hard to take.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hammond saying 'I didn't mean to offend anyone' is weak, patronising and untrue. He ran 100 yards up the pitch for 20 seconds trying to, and succeeding, to offend every Albion fan in the ground. He knew exactly what he was doing then & to try & deny it now is risible & contemptuous

Are you sure? Personally, I think your stance is risible and contemptuous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

"Lois, I find this meatloaf shallow and pedantic."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If he has apologised (yes I know he probably doesn't mean it), then I'll forgive and move on. He didn't have to apologise but I'm sure the club have made him do it. No matter, he has officially come out and said sorry. I was fully against this signing but, now the apology has come its time to move on.

Alot that said they hated the signing have said they wanted an apology first, now you've got it.

How do you know he doesn't mean it and that he was forced to do it?

That said glad you have moved on. :)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Oh come on. Are you seriously trying to tell us that the point of Hammonds celebration wasn't to upset us? If you did a poll on here a week ago it would be 99% ''Yes Hammond meant to upset the South Stand'' against 1% 'No he didn't'

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
.......if Hammond walks on the pitch wearing an Albion shirt, he needs to be made welcome
It's going to be pretty awkward if he's wearing a different shirt.

I don't want to labour the point, but he doesn't say sorry in that article. According to the article, he says 'I regret it now. I didn’t mean to do it and I could never envisage myself doing anything like that again.'

I'm not saying he should say more, or that what he's said is not enough, but I can't see where he apologises.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know nothing of your circumstances or mindset so let's not make this a direct comparison, but I think being happy to accept second best is a very dangerous thing. If we are "undone by a better team", such as at Liverpool last season, I have absolutely no problems. But if we put that performance in against, say, Watford, I'd go f***ing mental. However, I guarantee you there would be some sheep who would cheer and applaud. That's not right in my book.

Bringing it back to Hammond, it's about self respect. I hated every second of Coppell being our manager because we shouldn't have lowered ourselves to appointing somebody so closely linked to our rivals. I also think going back for players who have so publicly disrespected us cheapens us and makes us look a bit desperate, which we don't need to be now. People who claim they will 'support anyone playing for the Albion regardless of what they have done' aren't right in the head in my opinion, because what they're effectively saying is they rate their own support as more important than the image and respect of the club.

FFS Hammond is a good player, better than several midfielders in our squad. His signing improves the squad. His signing does not reflect badly in anyway on our club except, it seems, in your head, and the heads of a few other mentalists.

You really need to grow-up re Coppell, an excellent manager who so nearly kept us up despite Tinselhead's appalling start to a season. Hypothetical for you - if Zaha became available at a good price, nobody better was available in our price range,and we needed a player in his position, then should we sign him? Or should we act like children and refuse to sign him because he is 'tainted by playing for Pal@rse'?

When Hammond bangs in the winning goal we will all cheer..he was a young kid with a bit of an ego..could not bloody care less as long as he plays his heart out for us..some of you sound like that Nigel fan who mouthed off at cantona, then moaned to the press when he got a face full of boot dubbin!

Get over it already!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He came straight back down with them. When you're the captain of your hometown club, engineering a move to Colchester isn't on. I don't know what he was offered to stay but he wouldn't have been badly paid. If he had of moved straight to Southampton or even a team that were going someone it would have been fine. However moving to a such a tinpot, shit club like Colchester is hard to take.

So you know the club were not keen to offload, possibly for sound financial reasons, then?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh come on. Are you seriously trying to tell us that the point of Hammonds celebration wasn't to upset us? If you did a poll on here a week ago it would be 99% ''Yes Hammond meant to upset the South Stand'' against 1% 'No he didn't'

I'm saying neither you nor I know what was in his head when he 'celebrated'. He has apologised and admitted he was wrong. Why is that not enough for some of you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If he had of moved straight to Southampton or even a team that were going someone it would have been fine. However moving to a such a tinpot, shit club like Colchester is hard to take.

I do sort of agree with the sentiment here BUT at the time of moving Colchester still had a chance of staying up as it was January. So it may have paid off.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't we receive about 200K for him because he contract was nearly out and signed Murray for 300K in the same window? I doubt money came into it at all.

Seriously, at the time, we needed all the money we could get...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here