Hammond Apologises Lets all move on

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Not that day, he had been through the wringer well before that

That's not true, Harding had loads but Hammond had been greeted with polite applause, that's what made the celebration so mystifying, it was out of nothing. But, if he has apologised, and he did choose to come back here rather than go to Charlton, so time to move on.

D

Deleted member 2719

I hope all the whingers are happy now or maybe a few would like a quick blowy to feel totally satisfied with his apology.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was pretty vitriolic on Friday night when I heard Hammond had come back....although wouldn't have booed him. I think an apology as he has made is appropriate and puts the whole thing behind us. Just want him to be a success now... However, let's not get a 'kiss the badge' response quite yet.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Good for him, I hope he puts in some good performances and becomes a fans favourite but the reality of the apology will only come to it's fullness if he happens to score against us in the future and chooses to celebrate respectfully.

While he is here I will cheer him on and hope he does superbly.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I hope all the whingers are happy now or maybe a few would like a quick blowy to feel totally satisfied with his apology.

Well, if you're offering!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've was fervently against Hammond for what he did to his own and local club that evening,

but the sheer fact that he has the bottle to rejoin us (rather than Charlton or anyone else), I take as the hatchet is buried, and I for one hold no grudge and I'm pleased to see him back.

Now it's time for all fans to move on and 100% support the entire squad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So if it doesn't make a difference and it's all water off a ducks back why did Gus get in such a strop last season when people booed? (not me I might add, totally unjustified and Gus was right to get the hump)

Why does dodgy dan harding have such a shocker every time he comes back here?

None of what you've said there suggests that booing your OWN player will make them raise their game. I've never seen any evidence that this is the case.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
He chose to return , apologised etc move on and support the whole team please in this amazing time for the club.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
After reading a few posts on this thread I got bored
Move on
Get over it
More important things in life than getting worked up over a 28 year old lad that was a silly sausage a few years ago

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You believe him. I don’t. Personally, I think that anyone who falls for the ‘I didn’t mean it, honest’ line would say ’’It’s OK love, I believe you’’, if your wife walked in the door like John Wayne with spunk dripping off her chin complaining she didn’t know how this ‘sun tan oil’ got there after a night away with a ‘’friend’’.

As I said in an earlier post, stick in a MOM performance against Sheff Wed and then it will all be forgotten in my mind. I'll ultimately make my mind up with what I see on the pitch.

Fair enough...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We are a fickle bunch us football fans. If Hammond scores a last minute winner, all this gets forgotten in an instance. If he ambles around the pitch like John Harley's disintersted lost brother this will keep coming up until he plays well or leaves. Anyone, though, that tells me 'He didn't mean it'' after his goal celebration lives on a different planet to me otherwise what was the point of the celebration?

To celebrate a goal, maybe?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So if it doesn't make a difference and it's all water off a ducks back why did Gus get in such a strop last season when people booed? (not me I might add, totally unjustified and Gus was right to get the hump)

Why does dodgy dan harding have such a shocker every time he comes back here?

Almost all of that booing was for the ref... Gus' strop was unjustified IMHO... and Mr Harding no longer plays for Brighton... other than that, do carry on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah good point. I've totally forgiven Scott Magleish and Carl Griffiths.
The young scamps.

But Scott and Carl don't play for Brighton! Don't you get it!?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Almost all of that booing was for the ref... Gus' strop was unjustified IMHO... and Mr Harding no longer plays for Brighton... other than that, do carry on...

I think Gus was angry when some in the North stand started booing Gonzalez fifteen minutes into his home debut last season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think Gus was angry when some in the North stand started booing Gonzalez fifteen minutes into his home debut last season.

That's definitely what Gus thought happened... many, many more Brighton fans were unhappy with the ref... it was the sarcastic applause for Gonzalez that p1ssed Gus off... IMHO Gus should be very, very careful of criticiising our fans... if you were at the recent Barnsley game, you will know that the fans were correct in their assessment of Mr Gonzalez! However, I'm not saying it's right to take the p1ss out of your own players...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But Scott and Carl don't play for Brighton! Don't you get it!?

I will support Hammond the minute he puts on the stripes. He has apologised. ............ 3 years on because he has returned to the Albion. Trust me he wouldn't have bothered if he was still at Saints.

I think I've got it now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's definitely what Gus thought happened... many, many more Brighton fans were unhappy with the ref... it was the sarcastic applause for Gonzalez that p1ssed Gus off... IMHO Gus should be very, very careful of criticiising our fans... if you were at the recent Barnsley game, you will know that the fans were correct in their assessment of Mr Gonzalez! However, I'm not saying it's right to take the p1ss out of your own players...

Regardless of whether the fans were "correct" or not, getting on your own keeper's back 20 minutes into their debut is f**king disgusting. Those people are not fans of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports