Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Radio Interview

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
I really want to defend CMS with a passion but it's getting harder and harder. I'm convincing myself that he just needs to get on a little run and a bit of confidence and the goals will flow....It is getting harder to believe it though. Still i'm sure he will bang in a couple Tuesday at least he had the chances to miss away from home, unlike last season....Please note the positivity in my post, for all those that think that all I do is moan. And can we start with Lualua instead of Noone, I know people think that Noone is better defending, but Lualua is better attacking and we have Bridge at left back now, not Painter.

A lot of this is how I feel. CMS is a top bloke and works tirelessly for the team. Scoring is so much about confidence and he seems to be lacking. If he could just get a couple of goals things could turn.
His biggest problem is composure in front of goal. His whole game is 100mph and he's best when shooting instinctively. Unfortunately, a player like that needs lots of chances, and if they are scoring 1 and missing 4 nobody cares. Certainly away from home we just don't create enough chances.
I didn't go today so can't comment on overall performance, although as a team it sounded like we pretty much dominated for long periods and had a number of chances that went begging.
The question is do we just hope that CMS comes good, or do we accept that he doesn't fit our style and he moves on for the good of all? I trust Gus to know best, however if the money isn't there then there won't be a decision to make.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the best moment of the radio interview was when Gus said that we didn't play to CMS strengths last season but wont suffer with the same problem this season. At least he it appears that he has has learnt from last season.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
10 games on the trot without a win now. How many more games before there are calls.........?

I don't want Gus to go, but suppose all managers even good ones go through bad patches.

This thread reminded me of why I don't come on NSC after a loss. First of all, saying Gus will get the sack is astonishing. Decent pre season and beating the European Champions is no easy feat. We play very well against a good Hull side and only the players individual performances (in terms of putting chances away) let us down; none of which is Gus' fault.

In terms of CMS, his first game back from injury after not playing since mid July and he plays very well getting the team to work things around him. he didn't score so people are saying he should leave?? How people can base their opinion on a whole movement/journey (ie, getting to the top) on 1 game is ridiculous and they are clearly looking for attention. CMS IS good enough for this level and I hope he will prove it this year.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
CMS had a few half chances and fluffed them. If you are happy with that from a 2.5 million pound player then some of you haven't got a clue. It isn't all about running.

Exactly. Lots of running. No end product. Requires too many chances. Same all last season. If we can receive a fee close to the one paid time to move him on.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Just realised why there are so many clueless posts on here. Most sensible people steer well clear of this forum after a 1-0 loss.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
This thread reminded me of why I don't come on NSC after a loss. First of all, saying Gus will get the sack is astonishing. Decent pre season and beating the European Champions is no easy feat. We play very well against a good Hull side and only the players individual performances (in terms of putting chances away) let us down; none of which is Gus' fault.

In terms of CMS, his first game back from injury after not playing since mid July and he plays very well getting the team to work things around him. he didn't score so people are saying he should leave?? How people can base their opinion on a whole movement/journey (ie, getting to the top) on 1 game is ridiculous and they are clearly looking for attention. CMS IS good enough for this level and I hope he will prove it this year.
this

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
There are some absolute slices "following" the Albion these days that post on here. More of a reader than a poster these days, but just had to comment on some of the idiots in this thread. Especially the absolute melt who came out with, "Gus has taken us as far as he can".
Un f***ing believable.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Hull steward said to us during the game "who is your number 12?" and then went on to continually praise CMS. He WILL come good, I'm so sure of it

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just read this thread, and I cannot believe the crap I am reading.
FFS, we have played one game, and lost 1-0 against a team who wont be far away from the play offs at the end of the season.
Gus has said CMS was superb, okay it sounded like he had a few chances, but none of us were there, and we are relying on a local radio commentator and a summeriser who cant even pronounce the players names correctly.
The Hull radio team said we were the better team, but failed to put away the chances.
CMS played hs first full competative game, the only player that can supply him with the service he needs was injured, yet he gets castigated because he didnt score today.
Some people need to get a reality check, we are at best a team pressing for a playoff place. If CMS gets the supply, and a strike partner, then we may have a chance to push for it, but dont slag him and Gus off just because Hull scraped a lucky winner.

D

Deleted member 2719

we have to live within our means.Bloom is the right guy and I think he may just be a tad concern with the way Poyet has spent some off the money

Agree Gus has to prove he can spend his money well, Just look at some of the money people like redknapp has wasted.

I trust in Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here