Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Radio Interview

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Any club in this division would love CMS so that's tosh,it's always the attackers that get all the stick because we play boring defensive football,CMS WILL DO THE BUSINESS:)

What did Santa Claus bring you for Christmas? You did not peep did you? Sorry, but you obviously are very gullible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Murray/CMS decision last summer was a monumental f*** up.

Lets hope we don't go too much longer without it being corrected.

Definitely the biggest gaff in Gus's reign.

The Murray salary request was a fraction of that mentioned on nsc at the time, hence why CP could afford it.

Gus made it a cause celebre, his ego ruled, and got that particular one so so wrong.

Rare though.
Got us promoted as champs against all odds, and a stack of good value buys such as Vicente, Buckley, Calderon, Greer, Barnes, Noone.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Definitely the biggest gaff in Gus's reign.

The Murray salary request was a fraction of that mentioned on nsc at the time, hence why CP could afford it.

Gus made it a cause celebre, his ego ruled, and got that particular one so so wrong.

Rare though.
Got us promoted as champs against all odds, and a stack of good value buys such as Vicente, Buckley, Calderon, Greer, Barnes, Noone.

Slade signed Noone.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can't believe the negativity towards CMS .... he had f*** all service last season and when we had possession it was for the most part along our back 4, for long spells our game lacked invention, pace and skill particularly in MF. I saw some absolutely woeful performances.

As for failing in the Championship with Posh it was Posh that failed ... any team getting relegated is highly unlikely to have anyone on fire scoring

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't believe the negativity towards CMS .... he had f*** all service last season and when we had possession it was for the most part along our back 4, for long spells our game lacked invention, pace and skill particularly in MF. I saw some absolutely woeful performances.

As for failing in the Championship with Posh it was Posh that failed ... any team getting relegated is highly unlikely to have anyone on fire scoring

Didn't stop Barnes & Buckley, who were not given the position or chances of CMS, from being great finishers.

CMS hasn't got their coolness and natural finishing against top defences under pressure. At his age, unlikely to come.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gus had a problem with Murray's attitude.

CMS is Gus' only poor signing. Greer for £250k, Buckley for £1m in particular is great business. Even Harley (£250k) and Hoskins (£500k) could prove to be good business if they come good.

Was solely about money. I have that from the Directors. The wages he wanted are far less than many of the current squad and about 1/2 of that quoted on the time on nsc by people guessing.

It was entirely Gus' call.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gus had a problem with Murray's attitude.

CMS is Gus' only poor signing. Greer for £250k, Buckley for £1m in particular is great business. Even Harley (£250k) and Hoskins (£500k) could prove to be good business if they come good.

22 goals attitude ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Paynter, Wood and Vokes? All hardly inspiring.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I really want to defend CMS with a passion but it's getting harder and harder. I'm convincing myself that he just needs to get on a little run and a bit of confidence and the goals will flow....It is getting harder to believe it though. Still i'm sure he will bang in a couple Tuesday at least he had the chances to miss away from home, unlike last season....Please note the positivity in my post, for all those that think that all I do is moan. And can we start with Lualua instead of Noone, I know people think that Noone is better defending, but Lualua is better attacking and we have Bridge at left back now, not Painter.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
That's why Gus didn't sign any of them...

Surely if that tells us anything it's that it is bloody difficult to sign a quality striker at this level

Leeds - McCormack
Blackpool - Phillips x 2
S'ton - Lambert
Norwich - Holt
Doncaster - Sharp
Te - Barnsley
Austin - Burnley

Some of those clubs did not have the resources of the Albion at the Amex, with southern s/t prices.

It can be done, but not cracked by TB/Gus yet.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bore off Gus

Game one of the league season and this is your view?

You want him to go or just not talk to the media?

Cannot figure out what you want .

PS. Trying to be very polite here:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here